Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Laptop Bags

Laptop Bags
subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 17, 2023, 09:09 PM

I’m having more and more need to carry around my 15” MBP, and then also a Verizon mobile hotspot I have yet to procure. Don’t need it to carry much past those two and required support material like cables and chargers. Lighter is better I guess.

Anyone want to pimp their current bag?

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 23, 2023, 04:39 PM

It depends on the size and shape of the hotspot. I have a simple Incase sleeve that I once used with my 2006 15” MBP, but it really only held the computer itself. I still use this (or something very like it) inside a pretty generic, inexpensive backpack when I’m just hauling a laptop around from point to point.

At the other end of the spectrum, I have a TSA approved full-on backpack that can hold SEVERAL modern laptops, all of their accessories, a change of clothes, and so on. (I’m not kidding about that…) I use the pack when traveling, but it carries laptop, tablets, cameras and lenses, etc.

Given the size of most mobile hotspots, and that I’d probably want a charger and a few cables with me as well, I’d look at something like this Lenovo bag at Amazon for about $13. Padded, extra pockets, doesn’t look bad…

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 24, 2023, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
I have a TSA approved full-on backpack
Heh… I have a black molle pack, and a name tape that says “security”

TSA is like, “move along citizen”.

Forum Links
Forum Rules