Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Is Wealth a top priority?

View Poll Results: How important is money?
Poll Options:
Wealth is a top priority in my life. 8 votes (8.70%)
It's not the #1 priority, but its high on the list. 57 votes (61.96%)
It's not a priority. 27 votes (29.35%)
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll
Is Wealth a top priority? (Page 4)
smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2007, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gamoe View Post
Railroader thinks his philosophy is the only one or at least the best one, and it's not. …I believe that there are many paths to truth and that a philosophy of life must be trailered specifically by and for each individual, not copied from another's.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

Railroader
Banned
Jan 27, 2007, 02:47 PM

:
I think that's the key point here. Railroader thinks his philosophy is the only one or at least the best one, and it's not. I do believe there is a universal truth, BTW (I believe in objective truth), but I believe that there are many paths to truth and that a philosophy of life must be trailered specifically by and for each individual, not copied from another's.
You are entitled to your opinion.

But there are also habits people form while in college that are hard to shake. An attitude of "I'll make more later and pay for what I want now", is also very destructive financially.

There is also a atmosphere of debt acceptance in the USA society today that I am 100% against. People are being brainwashed into "NOW NOW NOW!!!".

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2007, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
You are entitled to your opinion.

But there are also habits people form while in college that are hard to shake. An attitude of "I'll make more later and pay for what I want now", is also very destructive financially.

There is also a atmosphere of debt acceptance in the USA society today that I am 100% against. People are being brainwashed into "NOW NOW NOW!!!".
You see Railroader, I agree with you, but you make your stance sound extreme, and you have to understand that your situation and set of priorities is not everyone else's. That and your judgmental and arrogant attitude further alienates your position.

Railroader
Banned
Jan 28, 2007, 02:20 AM

You see Railroader, I agree with you, but you make your stance sound extreme, and you have to understand that your situation and set of priorities is not everyone else's.
Agreed. It is extreme. And that's what scares me. It shouldn't be considered extreme. Unfortunately, junk mail works and people are sucked into a life of debt. And I feel that student loans soften people up to accepting a lifetime of debt.

Imagine how well our (the USA's) economy would be if people had disposable income that wasn't going to overseas banks that hold the majority of US citizen's credit debt.

That and your judgmental and arrogant attitude further alienates your position.
If they can't look beyond that, it's their own fault. I presented what I feel is the right thing to do. Tough love.

Forum Links
Forum Rules