Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: iMac G5 20" HD Bracket

WTB: iMac G5 20" HD Bracket
supermacgirl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 18, 2008, 10:13 PM

I removed my Hard Drive and placed it in a 3.5" eSATA external case when the power supply fried & needed to be replaced in my iMac G5 20" early 2005 PowerPC computer, so I could access the info on my hard drive until I could afford the repair. Now I'm ready to put the HD back in and have lost the bracket and screws which seat the HD in the iMac case. Looking to buy, please.

chipchen
Mac Elite
Jun 23, 2008, 01:54 PM

You should check ebay or google for companies that sell Mac parts. ifixit sells a lot of parts, but I think mainly for laptops. However, I imagine they get a lot of calls/emails about desktop parts... they can probably point you in the right direction.

In addition, any Apple Authorized Service Provider (that is NOT a corporate Apple Store) should be able to order the part for you.

supermacgirl  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 23, 2008, 02:33 PM

Did that 1st, not having much luck finding that particular part on internet search, calling places I've hit in search. Found a place online but it's $90 almost, and I'm an underpaid freelance graphic artist. It's a matter of electricity/water/food or iMac part literally, and this IBook I'm working off is having it's own issues, gotta get ads done. Nothing so far on ebay or craigslist. Called Apple Store, they suggested Apple service provider who can't just get me the part I have to bring in for service (more $$ I don't have), they suggested internet search which i did first. Isn't there a place where old macs go to die from which I can salvage or get real cheap? I don't think they'll let me dumpster dive the old computer pile at the local city dump for old iMac G5's. Is there a cheap way to do this?

Forum Links
Forum Rules