Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > NEED HELP QUICK!!!!! Apple Studio Displays

NEED HELP QUICK!!!!! Apple Studio Displays
jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Mar 27, 2003, 08:23 PM

I need help and fast!

I just bought an Apple Studio Display 15" LCD on eBay, and I forgot to ask about included manuals, cables, cd's. I used buy it now, so now I'm obligated to pay. I need to send the payment w/in the next few hours to make it.

My question: The seller does not have the install CD!!!! Do I need it to use the display with my cube????

Please help!

--jonasmac

G-mac
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 27, 2003, 09:36 PM

I wouldn't think so. I'm assuming that Apple usually offers most of their software online via www.apple.com in case you've lost your original CDs. I'm not sure why you would need to install software for the Studio Displays, unless the DVI aspect needs some kind of tuning.

Besides, you could always search here in the classifieds or on eBay to get the missing software if necessary. Hope this helps.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 27, 2003, 09:44 PM

Yeah, most likely you'll be fine, as most of those install files can be found in the archives of files at www.apple.com
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

jonasmac  (op)
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Mar 28, 2003, 02:23 AM

Thanks. I searched Apple's knowledge base, but couldn't find the information I was looking for. When I have more time, I'll go back and check again.

--jonasmac

bbales
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2003, 08:29 PM

I think I have the studio display (see-through, with extra USB ports -- on a funky see-through plastic stand, right? I'm on my PB so I can't actually see my studio display.)

In any case, if that's the one, I don't remember their BEING any installation issues. You just plug it in!

It's a nice display. My only problem with it is that I can't get it to rotate down as far as is probably optimal for me, as I'm pretty short. But you'll love the extra USB ports.

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2003, 08:50 PM

LOL
don't worry about it.

ALL of apple's displays that were made in the past 3 years will work perfectly fine with no drivers or etc.

Just chill
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

Forum Links
Forum Rules