Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > N B A

N B A (Page 8)
::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 18, 2008, 03:38 PM

That pic is awesome.

I like how Doc Rivers wouldn't touch the trophy in photo shoots before the series was over. He wanted to wait until he actually won the thing to feel how good it is to hold it in his hands. Classy.

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 18, 2008, 03:44 PM

Yeah, I think the fact that the players can touch the trophies without having earned the right is crap. Advertising be damned.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 18, 2008, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
That pic is awesome.

I like how Doc Rivers wouldn't touch the trophy in photo shoots before the series was over. He wanted to wait until he actually won the thing to feel how good it is to hold it in his hands. Classy.
You're wrong about that, it may have been at half time, or further into the game, but I clearly remember Doc holding the trophy and posing for several shots in front of a camera. I remember this because I noticed the photographer and the crappy low ceiling room they were shooting in in the reflection.

Now, some could say the game was over by the third quarter, but he wouldn't have known that for the shoot.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 18, 2008, 04:01 PM

I didn't see that, I was referring to the NBA's photo shoots that they did with the players. They played the piece(s) during halftime. Doc's photos were of him not touching it. As if there were some invisible shield around it.

I find it hard to believe that he would take time out of that game to pose for the camera. But again, I didn't see it. I would say that if that did happen, he knew it was over just like everyone else. Hell, even the commentators were calling the game at halftime.

paul w
Mac Elite
Jun 18, 2008, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
What, one season of being the teammate he's supposed to be just because the situation is way better than expected, and you're surprised he returns to form during one of the worst series I can recall him playing?
Not surprised - I've seen this kind of meltdown before. In fact if this were the Knicks in NY instead of the Lakers in LA you'd probably be hearing fans calling for him to be traded ( stupidly ).

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Jun 18, 2008, 04:19 PM

Not going to lie. It hurts being a Lakers fan and going out the way they did....

But the Lakers weren't supposed to be in the Finals this year, not with all the drama at the beginning of the season. Phil Jackson took a bunch of young guys, career underachievers, and a prima donna star with the skills to back it up all the way to the FINALS. That's quite the accomplishment, if you ask me.

Pau was also a great addition, but the Lakers held the top spot for a while even with Bynum in the lineup.

Even though I'm disappointed at my team's big PWNAGE at the hands of their biggest rival, I'm happy they made it this far. I don't want no drama out of KB24's mouth this summer. His team helped get him to the Finals, and he couldn't close out. He was the fourth best player this series.

Boston was just the better team. Plain and simple. From the Coach to Coby Karl, the Celtics were better.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Jun 18, 2008, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by jonasmac View Post
Not going to lie. It hurts being a Lakers fan and going out the way they did....

But the Lakers weren't supposed to be in the Finals this year, not with all the drama at the beginning of the season. Phil Jackson took a bunch of young guys, career underachievers, and a prima donna star with the skills to back it up all the way to the FINALS. That's quite the accomplishment, if you ask me.

Pau was also a great addition, but the Lakers held the top spot for a while even with Bynum in the lineup.

Even though I'm disappointed at my team's big PWNAGE at the hands of their biggest rival, I'm happy they made it this far. I don't want no drama out of KB24's mouth this summer. His team helped get him to the Finals, and he couldn't close out. He was the fourth best player this series.

Boston was just the better team. Plain and simple. From the Coach to Coby Karl, the Celtics were better.
Well said. I agree and hope the Lakers will have a great season next winter.
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jun 18, 2008, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by paul w View Post
I think the Ray Allen thing is almost more shocking. Not only was he not going to win a title ever, but he was looking to be the weak link past his prime guy responsible for the Celts not winning either. And then he basically start playing well and became the difference that put the Celtics over the top.
Yep. Paul Pierce has been excellent throughout the playoffs, but I honestly would've thought long and hard before voting for him as Finals MVP over Ray Allen. Pierce certainly deserved it, but Jesus hit just about every big shot he took.

Ignoring that no call on the Brent Barry 3-pointer, I think the West was a little like rock-paper-scissors: Lakers over Spurs, Spurs over Hornets, and Hornets over Lakers.

2009 is an odd year. Is anyone bold enough to pick against the Spurs next season?

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Jun 18, 2008, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by lavar78 View Post
2009 is an odd year. Is anyone bold enough to pick against the Spurs next season?
You mean Lakers don't you?

Forum Links
Forum Rules