Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Cornea CT1702 LCD --Anybody have this LCD?

Cornea CT1702 LCD --Anybody have this LCD?
jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Mar 16, 2003, 09:44 PM

Hey all, long time reader, first time poster....

I'm thinking about buying the Cornea CT1702 17" LCD for my G4 Cube (which I just got off Ebay, fulfilling one of my lifelong goals)

I'd like to get an Apple Studio Display, but I just can't justify the cost. The Cornea has a built in TV Tuner and lots of ports: Audio In/Out, VGA, DVI, RCA, TV, and S-Video Ports as well as 4 USB. This can be a multimedia hub! XBox w/DVD, TV/Cable, and my Cube. It can be found at MacMall http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/...sp?DPNo=967676 for $489.

I just wanted to get some Mac users' opinions before laying down the cash.

Any info or firsthand reviews are much appreciated.

--jonas

hardcat1970
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 17, 2003, 01:00 AM

Originally posted by jonasmac:
Hey all, long time reader, first time poster....

I'm thinking about buying the Cornea CT1702 17" LCD for my G4 Cube (which I just got off Ebay, fulfilling one of my lifelong goals)

I'd like to get an Apple Studio Display, but I just can't justify the cost. The Cornea has a built in TV Tuner and lots of ports: Audio In/Out, VGA, DVI, RCA, TV, and S-Video Ports as well as 4 USB. This can be a multimedia hub! XBox w/DVD, TV/Cable, and my Cube. It can be found at MacMall http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/...sp?DPNo=967676 for $489.

I just wanted to get some Mac users' opinions before laying down the cash.

Any info or firsthand reviews are much appreciated.

--jonas
it's a multimedia monitor, so if that what you want to use, it's a great value. However if you are a graphic artist, you might want to buy something better. sure the apple 17" is much more expensive but it has wider viewing angle and it looks great. I would also recommend Dell's 18". Our company got it last week for $390, it is very bright, much brighter than my apple 17". Although the text is not sharper, the overall value is there.

I understand there are a lot of dell bashers here, but you might want to check out dell's website. They often have 10-15% discounts on its own brand and other branded LCD, you may get some bargain over there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules