Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Any PC100 Ram for G4 Cube?

Any PC100 Ram for G4 Cube?
jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Mar 28, 2003, 03:52 AM

I have an opportunity to purchase 512mb of PC100 SDRAM for $25. Though I am almost 100% positive this is RAM pulled from a PC. Is this compatible with my Cube? I know that it takes PC100 SDRAM, but not sure if all RAM is created equal. I checked the specs for Cube RAM on www.everymac.com, (512 MB 8ns 168-pin, 64-bit-wide, unbuffered PC100 SDRAM (3.3v). But I'm pretty hardware-illiterate, so any help is much appreciated!

--jonasmac

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2003, 07:16 AM

The point is how the stick is organized. It can be a 64M * 8 or 128M * 4 which is still the same size.
I've had trouble with NoName PC133 RAM sticks in my PowerMac, every 512MB stick I tried was only recognized as 256MB stick.

It may work, chances are it will not though. If you want to make sure that it'll work, get RAM that is certified for Sawtooth/Cube Macs.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one
pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,
thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules