Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Sold my first mac today....

Sold my first mac today....
jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Jul 13, 2003, 06:58 PM

Well, I did it. I sold the first mac I ever owned today. I bought my Tibook 400 almost 2 years ago from Macwarehouse. Got a loan for it and had it shipped to a friend in the U.S. Mainland and then mailed via USPS to Guam. I wanted it mailed Express, but it was mailed Priority. I waited for almost a month!!!!

[rant]Apple...PLEASE ship to Guam, USA! It's A LOT closer to Taiwan than Cupertino! [/rant]

Anyways, I'm feeling a little bit of separation anxiety. My new 12" Powerbook, however, lifts up my spirits a little.

I noticed that a lot of people on these boards upgrade whenever the latest and greatest comes out. I don't normally have that kind of money, so I had almost two good years getting to know my mac. I can't help but feel I sold a little bit of myself. Silly, I know.

How'd the rest of you feel when you sold your first mac?

--jonas

Avenir
Mac Elite
Jul 13, 2003, 07:36 PM

hmmm... well, I was pretty damn happy to sell my first mac (pb g3 266 ), 'cause my parents (who bought it off me) bought me a new Ti Not much anxiety there, but I know the feeling. lucky, i still see it every day, and let it know I still care.

spike[at]avenirex[dot]com | Avenirex
IM - Avenirx | ICQ - 3932806

shmerek
Professional Poster
Jul 13, 2003, 08:31 PM

Still using it

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Jul 13, 2003, 09:44 PM

Is Guam just a military base?

Avenir
Mac Elite
Jul 13, 2003, 09:48 PM

Originally posted by Axo1ot1:
Is Guam just a military base?
Nope, it's a whole island. the base there, from what I know, is fairly large, but it's a regular Pacific island with civilians living there and all, not just a base (like say, Midway)

spike[at]avenirex[dot]com | Avenirex
IM - Avenirx | ICQ - 3932806

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2003, 11:18 PM

And I thought that you convinced someone to buy a Mac at CompUSA. Has all the peer pressure here been pointless???

jonasmac  (op)
Senior User
Jul 14, 2003, 01:16 AM

Guam has a large Airforce and Navy Base and is a communications hub for the military. Those born here are U.S. Citizens, being a territory and all. The military used to be our biggest resource, but now it is tourism. The last couple of decades saw a decrease in military operations, so Guam not having any export trades, had to turn to tourism to keep our economy afloat.

I love it here, but it's a pain to get Mac products here. The Apple reseller we have here sells the 12" Powerbook Combo (stock config) for just over $2,000. Not a good deal. So I turn to eBay, the forums and friends and relatives to satisfy my addictions.

--jonas

jonasmac  (op)
Senior User
Jul 14, 2003, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by The Godfather
And I thought that you convinced someone to buy a Mac at CompUSA. Has all the peer pressure here been pointless???

Um...I think you got me mixed up with somebody else...I've never bought anything from CompUSA.

--jonas

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2003, 02:04 AM

Originally posted by jonasmac:
So I turn to eBay, the forums and friends and relatives to satisfy my addictions.

--jonas

thats how i get my crack

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules