Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anyone interested in forming a MacNN World of Warcraft Guild?

View Poll Results: Should the MacNN guild be Horde or Alliance (only vote if you plan to play)
Poll Options:
Horde 4 votes (50.00%)
Alliance 4 votes (50.00%)
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll
Anyone interested in forming a MacNN World of Warcraft Guild?
icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 1, 2006, 01:44 PM

The biggest problem for me in World of Warcraft has been finding good people to group with. I've been in a couple of guilds, but they always had too few members, so I was still reduced to using pickup groups. And the bigger guilds generally seem to be too hardcore. I was thinking the other day how it would be great if I knew a bunch of people who might be interested in forming a guild, and then it hit me -- I do! Well, I may not know you all, but at least I know that we share some common interests, namely the Mac and MacNN.

My plan was this: we choose a low population PvE server and everybody who wants to join would start fresh with a new character there. This way we can all start from an even playing field. We would use our MacNN names for the characters (or as close as possible) so we can connect the characters to the people on the board. The guild chat could be a sort of extension of the MacNN forums, where we talk about Mac-related news and so forth in addition to game topics. Sound fun?

If anyone is interested in this idea, post to this thread, and also vote on whether we should be Horde or Alliance. Please don't vote if you're not going to play. I would also be interested to hear suggestions for guild names. We could use something simple like "MacNN" or something more poetic incorporating the word "Apple" etc.

If there is sufficient interest, I will go ahead and create the guild and then post info on how people can join.

(By the way, I'm posting this here instead of in the Gaming forum because I think a lot of people who might be interested in this do not frequent that forum, and in any case the guild would not be limited to people playing on Macs.)

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 1, 2006, 09:46 PM

I would be interested if I had better eyesight. My eye hand coordination is all off. This venture sounds like a lot of fun. Hope that you will be successful.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

icruise  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 1, 2006, 11:03 PM

I know most people will already have characters that they're attached to (I have a lvl 60 priest and several other semi-high-level characters on the Silvermoon server), but if anyone is interested in making some alts, I think this would be a good opportunity. Anyone?

Weezer
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2006, 01:25 AM

This same sentiment sparked the creation of the Reservoir Dogcows back when beta opened, and we're still going strong:

www.dogcows.net

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

Duracell
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2006, 05:00 AM

I would, but i'm on the EU servers
Macbook Pro 15" Rev: Feb08
iPhone & iPod Touch

20" iMac G5, Mac Mini G4 and an iBook G4, all retired.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2006, 06:20 AM

I would, but that would mean I'd have to start playing....

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2006, 07:10 AM

lol sounds like you want to hook up with the dogcows Looks like they have their **** together.

Do Horde btw, much cooler
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 3, 2006, 09:36 AM

Dogcows are Alliance, not Horde. I think there was a Horde version but nobody plays it anymore.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Kevin
Baninated
Mar 3, 2006, 09:39 AM

waits for rob to make an appearence to tell you that you all have no life

chris_h
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2006, 03:37 AM

I'd do it, but not on a carebear server.

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 5, 2006, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by chris_h
I'd do it, but not on a carebear server.
I thought you quit?
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 5, 2006, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Icruise
I would also be interested to hear suggestions for guild names. We could use something simple like "MacNN"
Don't you have to ask for permission to use the name "MacNN"?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 6, 2006, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by The Godfather
Don't you have to ask for permission to use the name "MacNN"?
Permission granted. No, wait ?

-t

averla
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2006, 11:17 PM

I REALLY want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^ pickmepickmepickme...im not always that hyper, i just ate half a choclate cake and four bottles of soda since i havnt aten anything for, like, the past week and it was my sisters b-day but oh well, may i help? i make killer websites and i am good at organizing partys!! plesse!!

averla
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2006, 11:18 PM

you can mail me at [email protected] since i probly wont be posting here again, it was just to say i really want to be co-owner

averla
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2006, 11:20 PM

I just really dont want the name MacNN

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 31, 2006, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Calina
may i help? i make killer websites and i am good at organizing partys!! plesse!!
Uhm, weirdest spam evar ?

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules