Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > mail order

mail order
gregfripp
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2014, 05:21 AM

my mail order has suddenly changed
instead of last in line, it is now in a jumble
i can't see a way of getting it back in the order i want and need
your help appreciated
greg

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 26, 2014, 08:23 AM

Are you talking about Apple's "Mail" app and the order in which it displays items in a mailbox? Like many email apps, Mail can organize the list of email items by a number of criteria. I'll bet you accidentally had it sort by some odd one like "size," and now it looks jumbled. At the top of each column in the email item list is the title of the column, such as "Date Sent." If you click on that title, you'll sort by that column's value. Click on it again and you'll reverse the sort order. I don't recall if Mail goes by oldest or newest first, but it's easy to see which.

If I'm misinterpreting your post, please let me know.

I'm also moving this post to the Applications forum, since while it comes with OS X, Mail is not the OS itself.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

gregfripp  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 1, 2014, 07:02 AM

thank you very much
i now have them properly sorted
greg

reader50
Administrator
Feb 1, 2014, 02:23 PM

This wasn't about mail order(ing) weapons or girls. Pity - now that would have drawn replies.

While your problem is fixed, perhaps you could still mail order some C4 with a complimentary redhead? They're both explosive in different ways.

andi*pandi
Feb 1, 2014, 10:43 PM

I clicked this thread expecting spam. Oh yes I did!

HamSandwich
Feb 21, 2014, 04:58 AM

Well, mail order is a huge thing... Back in the days, we would run out to a good electronics store buy a big flat screen TV - we wouldn't get precisely what we want, no, but the feeling was there, though. Nowadays you order about everything... That's just a shame, and doesn't reduce obesity either

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 22, 2014, 04:34 PM

Today, calling purchasing something remotely "mail order" is almost quaint. I haven't sent an order via mail in many years. Ordering online is a more appropriate term, but it's clunky. Maybe we need a new term...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

HamSandwich
Feb 23, 2014, 07:55 AM

Well, it is mostly about the mailing, not about the question if you ordered the mailing online or by phone or letter or anything. I think it is kind of a strange habit. I also think, on another note, that monopolies like amazon, Google, eBay and Facebook are very confusing. Why do people only address this one catalogue of things? This is also how clients can destroy companies, so to speak. But that is another discussion.

The older I grow, now being 27, I find going to a shop more and more satisfying ans joyful. It may or may not also be easy, without amazon's reader reviews and Google's powerful mechanisms underlying. It is a good feeling, too. I did preorder my PS4, but here in town for instance. I do not think they are worse off than amazon, really. It should soon be here, too.

Pete

Forum Links
Forum Rules