Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Rezko guilty

Rezko guilty
smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2008, 02:01 PM

Sun-Times

What's Obama have to say? "This is not the Tony Rezko I knew."

Ummm…sure. He's either a liar or a damn fool to have the kinds of friends that he does and be totally oblivious.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2008, 05:29 PM

Obama really needs to stop lying. Either that or people need to take notice that Obama can't get a read on any of his close friends. In the latter case, he's not a liar... just ridiculously naive.

So liar or naive. Neither is good.

chris_h
Mac Elite
Jun 5, 2008, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
Obama really needs to stop lying. Either that or people need to take notice that Obama can't get a read on any of his close friends. In the latter case, he's not a liar... just ridiculously naive.

So liar or naive. Neither is good.

You two are beyond retarded. "any" of his "close friends" ?

In any case congratulations republicans for messing everything up over the past 7 years. The adults in this country will take things from here, thanks. And if this is the best Obama dirt you can come up with to be fake-outraged about I think he'll be in great shape.

Atomic Rooster
Jun 6, 2008, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
Tony Rezko
Who?

smacintush  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2008, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by chris_h View Post
You two are beyond retarded…
The adults in this country will take things from here, thanks.
Is that irony? Sometime I get confused…you know, being retarded and all…

In any case congratulations republicans for messing everything up over the past 7 years.
Hyperbole anyone?

And if this is the best Obama dirt you can come up with to be fake-outraged about I think he'll be in great shape.
I think it goes to the greater question of how he managed to rise out of notoriously corrupt Chicago politics without getting his hands dirty.

There is an established 18 year connection between Obama and this crook that goes beyond the casual, infrequent encounter. You don't think that should at least raise some eyebrows? Or are you that enthralled by Obama's particular talent for the recitation of another person's work that don't even question him? Is your leg tingling?
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

smacintush  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2008, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Who?
T o n y R e z k o

Atomic Rooster
Jun 6, 2008, 01:23 AM

T o n y R e z k o
Thanx tush. I didn't have my hearing aid on.

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2008, 02:18 PM

And if this is the best Obama dirt you can come up with to be fake-outraged about I think he'll be in great shape.
It's not dirt. It's fact.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 6, 2008, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Who?
Lead singer of Nine Inch Nails.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

smacintush  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 7, 2008, 10:06 AM

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 7, 2008, 12:03 PM

Ahhh, yes, the classic liberal playbook.

chris_h
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2008, 10:26 PM

Is that irony? Sometime I get confused…you know, being retarded and all…
That's okay, i'll walk you through it. Irony is basically incongruity between the thing that happens and what you would expect to happen. If you assume that I include myself in the group "Adults," my use of name-calling (an act typically regarded as childish) could certainly be considered to be ironic.
See?! No need to be down on yourself at all! There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now!

Hyperbole anyone?
I'll have an extra helping, thanks!

I think it goes to the greater question of how he managed to rise out of notoriously corrupt Chicago politics without getting his hands dirty.

There is an established 18 year connection between Obama and this crook that goes beyond the casual, infrequent encounter.
Consider my eyebrows sufficiently raised! Please do go on about this established 18 year connection, this sounds like a fascinating story! I know they were acquaintences, and Obama bought some land from him at an arguably below market rate, and that Rezko donated $200 to his campaign. Oh! And he held a fundraiser for Obama. But that must be just the tip of the iceburg that is this established 18 year connection. Do tell!

While you're at it, might as well compare and contrast Obama's scandelous history of corruption to John McCain's. Go back as far as the S&L scandel, or further, if you need to!

Or are you that enthralled by Obama's particular talent for the recitation of another person's work that don't even question him?
You must be talking about the line Obama stole from Deval Patrick. Deval Patrick, a memember of the Obama campaign. The line that they wrote together. That Deval recommended he use in his speech.
Pray tell, are you familiar with the idea of a speech writer?

Is your leg tingling?
Do you have an original thought in your head? For bonus points, try answering without first consulting Sean Hannity.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 8, 2008, 10:36 PM

Mr. Obama has used more than Mr. Patrick's words. He also chose to borrow from Spike Lee.

YouTube - Barack Obama: There Will Be Bamboozling

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 9, 2008, 12:44 AM

This thread is not very exciting.

art_director
Professional Poster
Jun 9, 2008, 07:56 AM

Two words: Who cares?

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 9, 2008, 08:03 AM

I would think the same people who cares so deeply about Jack Abramoff would be interested in this, even though Abramoff never lived next door to GWB, never helped him buy a house, and never kick started his political career.

art_director
Professional Poster
Jun 9, 2008, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
I would think the same people who cares so deeply about Jack Abramoff would be interested in this, even though Abramoff never lived next door to GWB, never helped him buy a house, and never kick started his political career.
Why? They break the law, are tried in court, are found guilty and then their sentences are commuted or they're pardoned. It's a joke.

I've grown tired of the BS from both parties and the scum in each. It's unfortunate that the current crop of 'Americans' aren't willing to get their fat arses off the couch and do something about it. We, as a nation, have forgotten how we arrived at this place and what those before us sacrificed. In the current state this country is an insult to our forefathers.

Rezko, Abramoff, Libby ... hang 'em and let's get on with things ...

smacintush  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 9, 2008, 10:45 AM

That's okay, i'll walk you through it. Irony is basically incongruity between the thing that happens and what you would expect to happen. If you assume that I include myself in the group "Adults," my use of name-calling (an act typically regarded as childish) could certainly be considered to be ironic.
See?! No need to be down on yourself at all! There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now!

I'll have an extra helping, thanks!

Consider my eyebrows sufficiently raised! Please do go on about this established 18 year connection, this sounds like a fascinating story! I know they were acquaintences, and Obama bought some land from him at an arguably below market rate, and that Rezko donated $200 to his campaign. Oh! And he held a fundraiser for Obama. But that must be just the tip of the iceburg that is this established 18 year connection. Do tell!

While you're at it, might as well compare and contrast Obama's scandelous history of corruption to John McCain's. Go back as far as the S&L scandel, or further, if you need to!

You must be talking about the line Obama stole from Deval Patrick. Deval Patrick, a memember of the Obama campaign. The line that they wrote together. That Deval recommended he use in his speech.
Pray tell, are you familiar with the idea of a speech writer?

Do you have an original thought in your head? For bonus points, try answering without first consulting Sean Hannity.
Why do you even bother posting when you have so little to say?

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 9, 2008, 12:26 PM

I know they were acquaintences, and Obama bought some land from him at an arguably below market rate, and that Rezko donated $200 to his campaign. Oh! And he held a fundraiser for Obama. But that must be just the tip of the iceburg that is this established 18 year connection. Do tell!
Your $200 claim is a flat-out wrong, so you are either lying or ill-informed. More here, if you care to read some actual facts.

Rezko cash triple what Obama says :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Barack Obama
Obama's letters for Rezko :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Politics
8 things you need to know about Obama, Rezko :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: The Watchdogs

Forum Links
Forum Rules