Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Non-Metalic Body Bombs: Next TSA Security Scare

Non-Metalic Body Bombs: Next TSA Security Scare
Big Mac
Clinically Insane
May 1, 2012, 12:27 PM

FNC is reporting right now the next-generation TSA security scare: Non-Metalic Body Bombs. Allegedly it's Al Qaeda's next frontier. The natural question that comes to my mind is, what indignity will TSA next foist on Americans in response to this supposed threat?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2012, 12:33 PM

They should ship passengers like cargo: sedated and restrained. I've been saying it for 10 years now. No indignity, no crying babies, no leg cramps, no boredom, no service crew, no galley, more passengers per flight, cheaper flights.

subego
Clinically Insane
May 1, 2012, 12:56 PM

I picture a bunch of Al Qaeda rolling on the cave floor laughing their asses off.

"You know Fuad... after this, I almost think we could have told them donkeys with lasers for eyes."

Eug
Clinically Insane
May 1, 2012, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
They should ship passengers like cargo: sedated and restrained. I've been saying it for 10 years now. No indignity, no crying babies, no leg cramps, no boredom, no service crew, no galley, more passengers per flight, cheaper flights.
They could put the bombs on timers.

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
FNC is reporting right now the next-generation TSA security scare: Non-Metalic Body Bombs. Allegedly it's Al Qaeda's next frontier. The natural question that comes to my mind is, what indignity will TSA next foist on Americans in response to this supposed threat?
I wonder what they'd look like on those scanners.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2012, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
They could put the bombs on timers.
You're missing the point of bombs. It's not to bring down planes, it's to create terror. Unconscious people are incapable of terror.

Regardless, it would still make concealment considerably harder.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
May 1, 2012, 06:55 PM

Just make people fly naked. I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy the eye candy.

Another option every one is put in a special Kevlar uniform for the trip with a padlocked zipper. Bomb goes off the suite contains the blast to inside the suite minus a airborne head hitting the ceiling. Would be one ugly mess to clean up after the flight
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
May 1, 2012, 07:42 PM

Kevlar isn't going to contain an explosion. It will only redirect it at best.

There is no such thing as Al Qaeda.

Whats the difference between an underground network of terrorist cells with no connection or communication between cells and a bunch of similar but utterly unrelated terrorist organisations?
Nothing. Every bombing carried out by someone of middle-eastern descent is attributed to Al Qaeda if not by western governments directly then by the western media. I remember the days when they used to qualify those claims with video clips or news of a specific group claiming credit after an attack. Doesn't seem to happen any more. From a group which we are supposed to believe hates the west and is proud to kill westerners is odd behaviour.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

mduell
Posting Junkie
May 1, 2012, 10:18 PM

Isn't non-metallic what AIS is for?

Forum Links
Forum Rules