Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Uneven trackpad!

Uneven trackpad!
babajazz
Forum Regular
Oct 23, 2003, 02:47 AM

maybe I'm just tripping out....but I can swear my track pad isn't leveled....
it feels like it raises a little right where the button is....

Am I the only one?

duboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 23, 2003, 08:16 AM

i had the same problem :-) except my trackpad button was fudged up too. noticed this the day i took it home, and i got it warranteed right away. the guy at the apple store took one look at it and said "that's not right, lets fix that" that was the easiest warranty repair i ever did :-) PB was gone for only a few days

jkit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2003, 02:03 PM

My Rev B. PB has the exact same problem. The track pad is slightly higher on the right side. I assumed the problem (though annoying) would be too small for Apple to do anything about it. Since we are on the topic, other defects that I have noticed with my PB include:
- The left palm rest is loose. If you press down on it slighlty, it moves and squeeks.

- The vertical front pannel directly underneath the right hand rest is loose, you can press on it and it moves in and out.

- My combo drive sometimes spins loudly for the whole duration that a cd is in and in use. (With an audio cd this is annoying since the music is less audible). I am hoping it is some sort of software problem and 10.3 will fix it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules