Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Can someone here give some step by step instruction about how to install PHP,MYSQL?

Can someone here give some step by step instruction about how to install PHP,MYSQL?
maCCer
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2005, 07:37 AM

I am going to start learning some server side programming, using PHP, MySQL, and apache( build in with tiger, right?); however, i have no idea about how to install those stuff in Mac os X Tiger, can some one experienced with this give me a hand?
thx
Current OS:Tiger
Powerbook G4 1.5G 15inch
There were once four people named Everybody, Somebody, Nobody and Anybody. Somebody had to do a job, but Nobody wanted to do it. Nobody could see that Anybody could do it, and Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Nobody ended up doing it, and it so happened that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

Phil Sherry
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2005, 08:41 AM

Pretty much all you need to do is follow these instructions:

http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/
http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/mysql/

jersey
Senior User
Sep 10, 2005, 09:11 AM

I would also gohere and here. There is a ton of info on that site. It helped me get apache, webmin,php,mysql,smtp,webalizer,and wordpress set up.

Take my advice, go slowly. I worked on it for a few hours most days, and it took a good six weeks to get things how I want them. I also ended up installing apache 2.0.54, which seems to be much better than 1.3, but things get very confusing as to their location.

Also get a freeware called wizard, and install it on your box. It shows invisible files which will help you out a bunch.

arthill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 10, 2005, 03:05 PM

MAMP offers a single package with a full setup of Apache, PHP & MySQL. Easy to install and get started.

Forum Links
Forum Rules