Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Nike + iPod!!!

Nike + iPod!!! (Page 2)
olePigeon
Clinically Insane
May 24, 2006, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma::
Hey I'm 5'11", not 5'8".

Besides, my grandma always tells me "you're so skinny! you should eat more!"
Does she also tell you, "You're so cute I could just eat you up?" If she does, lay off the ginger bread, Hansel.

(Btw, that's one of the funniest Loony Tunes ever. "Yah! Yah! It's good! Yah!" )
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

danengel
Mac Enthusiast
May 24, 2006, 05:28 PM

Does it measure your speed? I understand how step frequency could be measured, but for speed you'd need the step width, which I guess is not constant.

Albert Pujols
Mac Elite
May 24, 2006, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by danengel
Does it measure your speed? I understand how step frequency could be measured, but for speed you'd need the step width, which I guess is not constant.
I guess it could measure your average speed, it does measure your time and distance after all.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
May 24, 2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
Km are you one of those gay guys that tries to be under a size 30? I have a friend I recently hung out with that, he was calling himself fat when I felt like he looked too thin! Then again I'm 260 and 6 3, though my friend guessed me at only 200. I have a large build in general, I could probably never have a waist bellow 34.
No. I just don't gain or lose weight, whether I starve myself or gorge. It's odd but I'm glad I'm skinny and this way, than be chubby and this way.

Yes, I'm shallow, so what?

kmkkid
Professional Poster
May 24, 2006, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma::
Hey I'm 5'11", not 5'8".

Besides, my grandma always tells me "you're so skinny! you should eat more!"

How's your grandmas vision these days?

J/k if you say you're skinny I believe you, some part of your body must be pretty hefty though....

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2006, 06:25 PM

Everything's relative. I'm 6'3" and 180 and I consider myself to be fatter than I ought to be.

Partially because I spent the last month stressing over exams and eating to fuel my all-nighters.

To lose weight, I just diet. I prefer starving myself to running around in the hot sun with my heavy iPod.

danengel
Mac Enthusiast
May 25, 2006, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Albert Pujols
I guess it could measure your average speed, it does measure your time and distance after all.
Any idea how it measures your average speed or the distance?

Salty
Professional Poster
May 25, 2006, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by danengel
Any idea how it measures your average speed or the distance?
MAGIC!

grinder
Forum Regular
May 25, 2006, 12:59 PM

There's this one video on nikeplus.com, the one with the afro hair dude. Does anyone know the name of that song?
2,4GHz iMac | 320GB Passport | BT Keyboard | MX Revolution | 4GB iPod nano
Blog | Flickr | deviantART

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
May 25, 2006, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by kmkkid
How's your grandmas vision these days?

J/k if you say you're skinny I believe you, some part of your body must be pretty hefty though....

LOL that would be my head. I'm Irish, so yeah, big head.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
May 25, 2006, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
Everything's relative. I'm 6'3" and 180 and I consider myself to be fatter than I ought to be.
Depends on your build, I guess.

I'm 6'2" and in my best shape ever with <10% body fat, I was ~220#.

I have trouble losing fat, but can gain muscle easily. My best friend is the opposite. Everyone is different.

To be 180#, I'd literally have to lose every ounce of fat in my body and lose muscle.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2006, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie
Well, if Nike had decent running shoes, I'd be excited
If, on the other hand, Asics were to offer similarly equipped shoes, I'd be sold immediately. (Well, I just bought new sneakers, but wth …)
As a former NCAA X-C and T&F athelete, I confidently say that the Nike Free shoes are the best running shoes I have ever run in. I hate Nike as a company, but once I started running in these things, I fell in love. I used to love the Feet you Wear shoes by Adidas as well, but those are long gone.

As far as the Nano adapter, this is going to make tracking my miles sooo much easier. I can't wait to get it.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2006, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
To lose weight, I just diet. I prefer starving myself to running around in the hot sun with my heavy iPod.
Bad bad bad!
You do know that just cutting your diet will hurt you in the long run, right (I feel like I just made a really bad pun and I don't know why)? Starving yourself teaches your body how to better conserve and use the food it receives, it's much better to take up even light exercise and eat smaller portions, just until you're no longer hungry, than just starve yourself and destroy your metabolism.

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2006, 04:15 AM

Also, running around on the hot sun only gets rid of water. You could stop drinking liquids and achieve the same effect. Its not real weight, you only have about 10 pounds you can play around with in water weight. The minute you drink a lot, all the weight comes back.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2006, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Miniryu
Also, running around on the hot sun only gets rid of water. You could stop drinking liquids and achieve the same effect. Its not real weight, you only have about 10 pounds you can play around with in water weight. The minute you drink a lot, all the weight comes back.
Same could be said for most of the weight lost during starvation diets. It's mostly stored carbohydrates that your body specifically stores in such places as your liver and you muscles. Then your body starts burning water like crazy breaking down small amounts of fat. All will return as soon as your finish your diet.

nbnz
Senior User
Jul 6, 2006, 05:20 PM

The Nike Sport Music pages are now up in the iTMS
Sections: Nike+ Workouts; Sport iMixes; Podcasts; Athlete Inspirations

Looks like it's only in the US so far.
iMac, Intel Core-Duo 2GHz, 2GB, 250GB, OS X 10.4
PowerBook 12", 867MHz, 640MB, 60GB, OS X 10.4
iMac G3, 333MHz, 288MB, 6GB, OS X 10.3
iPods: 3G iPod, 1G mini, 1G shuffle, 2G nano

Demonhood
Administrator
Jul 6, 2006, 05:25 PM

anyone have one of these on order? i'd be interested to see if it works properly just attached to a shoe, not inside one of the fancy Nike ones. i don't see why it wouldn't but ya never know.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 6, 2006, 05:53 PM

A friend is buying me the shoes for my birthday next week.

tboparis
Jul 10, 2006, 12:39 PM

I think this will interest some of the iPod audience and both Nike and iPod will benefit from it but i really am not interested in this kind of stuff. Apple should focus on more important stuff.
( Last edited by tboparis; Aug 8, 2006 at 10:09 AM. )

applenut1
Senior User
Jul 10, 2006, 01:44 PM

um... like what?

Focusing on something that millions of people do everyday and tranforming that seems to be a pretty wise and important decision.

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 13, 2006, 04:24 AM

Well, I want to get this and in no way want to dish out nearly 100 greenbacks to get the shoes.

Since the sensor is placed in crevice of the feet, it MIGHT work elsewhere, but it seems as though it'll need to be in a place where great pressure or force can be measured. Since most of the weight of any runner is on its feet, it's only logical to have it placed there for most accurate measurements.

Does it or doesn't have an off and on switch? What if i want to wear those shoes other than running, guess i'll just have to manually remove it. That's annoying lol.

Maybe I'll just wait for some China knock offs and i'll get those for like $20 USD.

*Feels impulsive buying habit surfacing*

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2006, 05:04 PM

I was in the new New York Apple Store yesterday (which is a very nice store) and all the sales people were wearing the new Nike shoes.
I bought a pair of the new Air Zoom Moire today. Really nice looking shoes.

There is a trail run from NikeTown to the Soho Apple Store today, here in New York.

-Q-
Jul 14, 2006, 11:24 AM

Just got shipping confirmation on the insert - be here on 7/19. I guess I'll have to go shopping for shoes this weekend.

Forum Links
Forum Rules