Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Paving the way for a dictatorship?

Paving the way for a dictatorship? (Page 2)
moodymonster
Mac Elite
May 31, 2007, 06:39 PM

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
May 31, 2007, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by moodymonster View Post
so I'm guessing two states went to independents?
Not all the states apportion their electoral votes in the same way. While some will always put all their electoral votes towards the winner of the popular election, some will apportion them proportionately to match the results of the popular election.

Rumor  (op)
May 31, 2007, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by moodymonster View Post
I hadn't bothered to look it up yet. I get so many chain mail pieces of garbage, that I have a tendancy to delete them. Sometimes, I'll check snopes and send it back, usually receiving a negative response from the sender.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
May 31, 2007, 07:35 PM

Report: In Meeting, ‘Wild-Eyed’ Bush Thumped Chest While Repeating ‘I Am The President!’

Friends of his from Texas were shocked recently to find him nearly wild-eyed, thumping himself on the chest three times while he repeated “I am the president!” He also made it clear he was setting Iraq up so his successor could not get out of “our country’s destiny.”
...the rest of the meeting consisted of The President in an extended whine, a rant, actually, about no one understands him, the critics are all messed up, if only people would see what he’s doing things would be OK…etc., etc. This is called a “bunker mentality” and it’s not attractive when a friend does it.
I used to think he was too stupid to be evil, now I'm not so sure.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
May 31, 2007, 08:11 PM

I think he's convinced himself that others just don't see what he does and he can't understand that, which could make him a very dangerous man, convinced of his own infallibility. History is replete with "leaders" like that, and the results aren't often pretty. Another example of that was when he told a reporter recently that the terrorist threat was so grave that it could affect the reporter's children. This is of course utter nonsense, but I think he really believes it.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

moodymonster
Mac Elite
May 31, 2007, 08:41 PM

he did that twice during the same briefing to two different reporters - re they're after your kids.

Obi Wan's Ghost
Baninated
Jun 1, 2007, 08:28 AM

Friends of his from Texas...etc
Kind a like the article my neighbor's pet monkey's previous owner's best friend's grandmother wrote about her unnamed best friend who caught President Kennedy smoking crack with Castro.

Forum Links
Forum Rules