Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPad 2 Cannot Connect to WiFi

iPad 2 Cannot Connect to WiFi
jrramsey
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2012, 03:03 PM

I've had a WiFi2 for about 18 months and it's worked flawlessly. Just today, the WiFi refused to connect. No changes were made before this occurred. It just stopped. It shows the networks and requires the passkey (WPA2) but the wheel keeps spinning and says that it cannot connect to the internet. I've have several other devices (computers, TVs, routers, etc...) that all connect perfectly and have verified all my routers/access points are working fine.

I've done a complete restore, reset, etc...on the device and it still won't connect. I know it's out of warranty but other than WiFi, it seems to work fine. However, it is relatively useless if it can't get WiFi (mail, internet, apps, etc..)

Any other suggestions to solve this conundrum?

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 21, 2012, 02:12 AM

First thing to try is connect it to a different wifi network. If that is inconvenient, try making changes to yours. Turn the WPA off temporarily and see if you can join the network then.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

andi*pandi
Oct 24, 2012, 06:13 AM

^Good idea. Places like mcDonald's, panera, and starbucks have teh free wifi. Also try resetting your network, maybe your ISP is stifling connections? Is anybody else using up your bandwidth?

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2012, 03:50 PM

My mom has the same problem. iPad 2 bought new on its day of release. Used daily with no issues. Just this week, it fails to connect to wi-fi at her house and mine... Also WPA2 security. Gonna try a restore when I visit this weekend.
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

anvikapur
Banned
Nov 15, 2012, 01:08 AM

in the wifi settings clicked on my network and chose to auto login . Turn the http proxy to manual also renew lease . it might help you out i hope so

Forum Links
Forum Rules