Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Someone else's billing info in my iTunes...

Someone else's billing info in my iTunes...
efuggetta
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2009, 02:17 AM

I bought Macbook Pro 17" the other day, and it was sealed. It went through the whole welcome shpiel when I turned it on, etc. Yesterday I noticed it wasn't reading audio discs, so I took it to the Apple store and they're going to replace the optical drive with no problem since it's still under warranty. Fine.

But then today, I tried to buy something on iTunes and someone else's billing info popped up. (I'll add that the address is in the same state as mine, but a few hours away. And I ordered the MBP from out of state.)

Could this have anything to do with being at the Apple store today? I can't see how it would, but I also can't fathom how someone else's address could pop up in my iTunes. Especially since I rented a movie with my own account 2 days ago on this computer.

What gives? Is this an indication that my MBP wasn't new and that someone screwed with it? Or are an optical drive on the fritz out of the box and someone else's iTunes info a freak thing?

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2009, 10:25 AM

if that happened to my, my first indication would be that is was not a new computer. Just looking through the ~/Library folder to see if there's other files there such as in the application support to help further that hypothesis. I'd give apple a call and basically state given the fact that there's someone else's info in the computer, that you don't believe its new and want a new computer (or take it back to the store).
~Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules