Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Me again... bindings help?

Me again... bindings help?
Amorya
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2005, 09:25 PM

Sorry to keep bugging y'all like this. I'm incredibly stuck on what (as far as I can gather) should be simple. I have a drawer in my app which will display a list of currently online users, like in colloquy or adium. In the drawer is an NSTableView with one column.

Each user is represented by the class WBLRinger. An array of those is stored in WBLTower, my model class for each tower, with NSMutableArray name ringers. My class WBLTowerController has an accessor method (also called ringers) which returns the NSMutableArray.

I have created an NSObjectController called ControllerAlias within IB, and linked it by control-dragging to File's Owner, which represents WBLTowerController. I then created an NSArrayController called ringers, which had a binding of contentarray bound to ControllerAlias, key path ringers, controller key selection. I made sure to set the Object Class Name to WBLRinger.

Then I bound my table column to the ringers NSArrayController. The binding was on value, and the model key path was name (there is an NSString in the object WBLRinger called name).

But nothing happens! I don't even know where to start looking... and I'm considering going back to pre-bindings glue code. Bindings are hard for me because all my books are for 10.1 or 10.2, so don't mention them - I'm going off online tutorials.

I've created a .zip file of my code and placed it here. I don't know if any of you will get a chance to look at it, but I'd really appreciate it if so. (BTW, I know my memory has more leaks than a sieve - I plan to go round soon sprinkling liberally with [object release] messages!)

Thanks loads for all your help,

Amorya
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.

Forum Links
Forum Rules