Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I'm such a moron

I'm such a moron
Amorya
Mac Elite
Dec 26, 2006, 03:37 PM

Went out without my wallet today. We went to the circus, and when I discovered (at the end of the show) I didn't have it, I assumed it had been half-inched. So I cancelled all the cards and reported it to the police.

Now I've come home and found it was there all the time. So I have no access to my money until the replacement cards come, and lots of egg on my face.

Oops!

Amorya
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Dec 26, 2006, 03:48 PM

Heh. Oh well, still better than getting it stolen. I had mine stolen once...had to cancel everytihng, and get a new driver's license, library card, blockbuster card, bla bla bla bla. What a pain.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 26, 2006, 07:04 PM

My dad did that once. We didn't find it for forever though until he got his new cards.

DakarĀ²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 26, 2006, 07:10 PM

Still better safe than sorry.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 26, 2006, 07:19 PM

Sorry that happened Amorya. I once thought one of my cards had gotten stolen because of a suspicious charge that the company called to warn me about, so I had to cancelled. Only later did I remember that I had indeed made that charge. But, I figure it was meant to be that I cancelled and a good thing to do because I had used that card all over and would not have been surprised if it had indeed been stolen.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 26, 2006, 08:15 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules