Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Morning Presentation

Morning Presentation
ApeInTheShell
Senior User
Apr 27, 2005, 03:25 PM

So I talked about Apple Computer today in public speech class and it appeared I was the only one in the class where people asked questions. In other speeches people had that blank stare in their eyes. Many of there questions were based on this:

Why buy a mac mini instead of a generic $299 computer?
Where can you recycle computers and how long do Macs last?
How secure are macs?

The problem I often have in discussing this subject is there is always someone in the front that makes me laugh. I suppose it is because they get what I'm talking about and notice how I stumbled across the hardware and design. Anyways, I did not mention Mac OS X Tiger as much because of the bugs and problems I have seen on this board and others. My main topics of focus were:

Security, Affordability, Mac OS X User Interface, Applications, and Mac OS X

So my question is what would you have done different and how can I approach this subject next time in a formal presentation? I appreciate the comments.

Forum Links
Forum Rules