Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I need to find a print house in San Francisco

I need to find a print house in San Francisco
Amorya
Mac Elite
May 26, 2009, 07:10 PM

I'm after a short run of booklets (16 pages, colour, about 30 copies) to take to WWDC. Can anyone recommend a print house in San Francisco?

Amorya
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
May 26, 2009, 09:31 PM

I use this company almost exclusively:

Greener Printer

but for 30 copies, you’ll have to use a place like:

Kinkos

Eyenigma
Jun 3, 2009, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Amorya View Post
I'm after a short run of booklets (16 pages, colour, about 30 copies)
Agreed. Going offset for such a small quantity is cost prohibitive. You can try a digital printer, which will be much better quality (presumably) than Kinkos.

Nomad Design & Services

*Click Digital Printing.

Amorya  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 3, 2009, 07:42 AM

Hi, thanks for your help. I actually found a company here in England who could do jobs in that turnaround: they arrived this morning. Total cost £80 ($120ish) including tax for 50 8-page brochures.

It was a bit of a risk considering they were half the price of anyone else, but the quality is fine. (Azimuth Print if anyone's interested.)

Amorya
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.

Forum Links
Forum Rules