Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Apple Mail Signature Disaster

Apple Mail Signature Disaster
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 13, 2013, 03:35 AM

I just sat down to get all of my email signatures in sync between my Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone.

WHAT A ****ING DISASTER!!! Both the iOS and OS X mail apps are terrible at this.

On iOS, the entire signature editing interface breaks down as you delete an existing signature. It's like it's an HTML document where you delete a few closing tags, and suddenly things are in the wrong place and some things run into other things.

But the Mac Mail app is by far the worst. The interface itself is completely confusing. How does it even work? You make a signature in "All Signature" and then you drag it to the account you want? When you make a signature directly in an account, does it show up in "All Signatures"? Seems like some do and some don't. So as i'm going down my list, the signatures I've already made are DISAPPEARING right out of the app. Then you click in "All Signatures" and you have doubles that you definitely didn't create. : brick:
What the **** apple?!?!?! I don't give a **** how "cool" your computers are, I NEED RELIABLE EMAIL. If I had a dollar for every time I would have downgraded back to Snow Leopard, if it wasn't for my need for iCloud . . . i'd have enough dollars to start a software company that made software that wasn't TURNING TO SHIT more and more with every new version. APPLE IS KILLING ME LATELY.

cgc
Professional Poster
Apr 13, 2013, 07:48 AM

Have you tried Outlook 2011? Some people hate it, others like it but it allows signatures to be shared between all accounts in Outlook pretty easily.

Maybe if you had more heads-hitting-brick-wall emoticons we'd really see how frustrated you are...
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 13, 2013, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
Have you tried Outlook 2011? Some people hate it, others like it but it allows signatures to be shared between all accounts in Outlook pretty easily.

Maybe if you had more heads-hitting-brick-wall emoticons we'd really see how frustrated you are...
Doesn't solve his iOS signature problem.

Me, personally, I don't see the point of big, elaborate signatures.

-t

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 13, 2013, 02:05 PM

My signatures are not big or elaborate. My biggest signatures are two short lines of text. But still, I have many different websites, a mac repair biz, and lots of other stuff. Its nice to have these simple sigs in sync. So I did keep working at it last night after posting this and eventually I believe I got everything in sync. I'm just afraid to make any changes now because the whole setup may self-destruct.

cgc
Professional Poster
Apr 13, 2013, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Doesn't solve his iOS signature problem.

Me, personally, I don't see the point of big, elaborate signatures.

-t
Yeah, but do like everyone else and type all your sigs into each program. Or sync a text file containing all your sigs via dropbox and cut & paste.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

Forum Links
Forum Rules