Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook Clearance

iBook Clearance
Rowen
Feb 3, 2006, 08:06 AM

I just ordered my third mac, a current iBook 1.33Ghz 12".

If people haven't noticed, in the Apple refurbished area they are offering the iBooks at 21% off to remove the stock they have. Usually it's only 15% off. Also, this isn't a previous generation iBook, but a currently stocked and sold one; the only disadvantage is you don't get the new iBook case

Anyway, after talking to the Apple rep it's first come first served. $800 for an iBook is a great price stating most people who are looking at the iBook line don't need a MacBook. You can only type mistakes so fast. Also, for the $300 more than a used iBook G3 it is definately worth it!

Just letting people know

techster82
Feb 3, 2006, 11:54 PM

That is a good deal. I would have probably ordered one if they still had them. All that is left is the 14" model. It just so happens that I got my used iBook I bought off the forums today. It a a 12" 1.2GHZ model with 512mb ram, Airport, Bluetooth, and a 60GB harddrive. It also came with a Brenthaven Fusion 12 bag. I got it for $630 shipped. Does it sound like I got a good deal?

JoshKurtz
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2006, 02:18 AM

Does it sound like I got a good deal?
Yup.
iMac 17" 2GHz Core2Duo | 1GB RAM | 160GB hdd | Superdrive | Tiger and XP Pro

Rowen  (op)
Feb 4, 2006, 12:20 PM

Still a good deal!

techster82
Feb 6, 2006, 12:49 PM

I have been playing my iBook all weekend, searching out equivalent programs to windows apps I use and LOVE IT!!!!. I am really glad I decided to buy it. I wanted a powerbook but using my iBook like I do I can't see any reason to upgrade. I am looking to add a gig of ram, then i think I will be done. This thing is mint as well. Had a little darkening of the white on the handrest section and used a Mr. Clean magic eraser. White as a babies butt now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules