Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Germany. Paedophilia. Incest. WTF?

Germany. Paedophilia. Incest. WTF?
Doofy
Clinically Insane
Mar 24, 2009, 05:53 AM

http://archbishop-cranmer.blogspot.c...edophilia.html

This booklet, entitled ‘Body, Love and Playing Doctor’ emanates from Germany’s Ministry for Family Affairs, and it encourages parents to ‘sexually massage’ their children as young as 1-3 years of age. There is a sequel for children aged 4-6 years of age which recommends teaching them the movements of sexual intercourse.

This is actually pederasty, not paedophilia, but Cranmer has given up trying to educate the world on the nuances of Greek love.

Astonishingly, the booklet advises: ‘Fathers do not devote enough attention to the clitoris and vagina of their daughters. Their caresses too seldom pertain to these regions, while this is the only way the girls can develop a sense of pride in their sex.’

And the rationale for this?

‘The child touches all parts of their father's body, sometimes arousing him. The father should do the same.’

There are no plans yet for the teenage edition.

According to Michael O'Brien, this amounts to ‘state-encouraged incest, which in most civilised societies is a crime’.

It is reported that use of these booklets is not only obligatory in nine German regions, but that they are used for training nursery, kindergarten and elementary school teachers.
WTF?
Any of our German members got the low-down on this?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

badidea
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2009, 06:05 AM

It has been banned 2 years ago (because of possible misinterpretations)!
And a false english translation on a blog doesn't help here either...

/end

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 24, 2009, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by badidea View Post
It has been banned 2 years ago (because of possible misinterpretations)!
And a false english translation on a blog doesn't help here either...
So what was the correct interpretation?

OreoCookie
Mar 24, 2009, 06:31 AM

This has been in the news one-and-a-half years ago. The passage you have quoted caused a stir and the leaflet has been edited since. If you put the quoted passage into context, it says that attempts of masturbation should not be reprimanded.

Original quotes:
[...] Es ist damit nichts anderes gemeint, als dass das Kind eine Bestätigung in seinem Mädchensein braucht, wie es die meisten Jungen automatisch aufgrund ihrer Anatomie erhalten. Mütter geben dem Penis oft verschiedene und manchmal auch liebevolle Namen und drücken damit unbewusst Anerkennung aus.

Demgegenüber erfahren Scheide und vor allem Klitoris kaum Beachtung durch Benennung und zärtliche Berührung (weder seitens des Vaters noch der Mutter) und erschweren es damit für das Mädchen, Stolz auf seine Geschlechtlichkeit zu entwickeln. Wobei mit diesem Hinweis die Anerkennung als Mädchen nicht auf seine genitale Geschlechtlichkeit reduziert werden soll. Für die Entwicklung ist es wichtig, dass der Vater mit seiner Tochter spielt und ihr dabei zeigt, wie lieb er sie hat und wie stolz er auf sie ist!
Wenn Kinder entdecken, dass sie Jungen bzw. Mädchen sind, möchten sie sich vergleichen, die Gemeinsamkeiten und Unterschiede zu Mutter und Vater erkunden. Und dies tun sie am liebsten handgreiflich. Wer mit seiner Tochter bzw. seinem Sohn einmal in dieser Phase gemeinsam gebadet oder sich länger nackt mit ihr / ihm beschäftigt hat, wird dies bestätigen können. Da ist keine Körperregion vor intensivster Erkundung sicher und natürlich auch nicht die Genitalien, die manchmal Erregungszustände bei den Erwachsenen auslösen. Es kann aber auch sein, dass Ihnen bestimmte intime Berührungen bei aller Akzeptanz kindlicher Neugier unangenehm sind, weil Ihr Intimbereich unwissentlich vom Kind verletzt wird.

So kann ein Konflikt entstehen zwischen Gewähren-lassen-Wollen, um dem Kind keine unnötigen Grenzen zu setzen, und der eigenen Ablehnung. In diesem Fall ist es richtig, die eigenen inneren Grenzen zu beachten und das Kind liebevoll zurückzuweisen: ‚Ich möchte das jetzt nicht mehr! Hör bitte auf damit.’ Auch wenn es seiner Neugier damit nicht vollständig folgen kann, lernt es doch etwas ebenfalls Wichtiges, nämlich dass jeder Mensch ein Recht darauf hat, seine Intimität zu schützen und dass er Nein sagen darf!
Quick translations:
In other words, the child (girl) needs affirmation of its femininity that is granted automatically to boys due to their anatomy. Mothers often give nicknames to the penis and thereby subconsciously acknowledge him.

Girls' genitalia on the other hand hardly get any acknowledgment by neither father nor mother through gentle touch or nicknames. This makes it harder for girls to develop pride in their gender. However, acknowledging the girl's gender should not be reduced to the girl's sex and her genitalia. It's important for the development of the child for the father to play with his daughter and give her love and attention.
When children discover that their male or female, they would like to compare themselves to each other and explore the differences to mother and father. And they like to do that through their tactile senses. People who bathe with with their daughters or sons in this phase will readily confirm this. No bodily region is safe from curiosity, including the genitalia which may cause states of arousals in the adults.

It could be that these intimate touches -- despite your approval of your child's curiosity -- make you uncomfortable, because your intimacy is unknowingly violated by the child. Hence there may be a conflict between not wanting to put up too many boundaries to the child and one's own rejection. In this case it is correct to respect one's inner boundaries and gently tell the child to stop by saying: `I don't want that, please stop!' Even though the child cannot follow its curiosity, it learns something important, namely that every person has the right to protect its intimacy and say `No.'
Pretty harmless if you put it into context.
( Last edited by OreoCookie; Mar 24, 2009 at 11:37 AM. )
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 24, 2009, 06:56 AM

Get ya. A bit odd from a Brit perspective but, as you say, pretty harmless.

See, this is why it's best to run these things past the 'NN - someone somewhere on here will be able to give the low-down on pretty much anything.

OreoCookie
Mar 24, 2009, 07:06 AM

Odd? In what way? (I'm just curious.)

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 24, 2009, 07:14 AM

Well, the bits in there going on about because you haven't decided to call your daughter's plumbing a nickname, she'll find it harder to develop pride in her gender, for example. That seems a little like feminist claptrap.

OreoCookie
Mar 24, 2009, 07:15 AM

Ah, ok, got it.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 24, 2009, 08:14 AM

Brit/English perspective : German = Odd.

This isn't meant to provoke a flame war, cause harm or be insulting. Its basically the perception of Brits regarding Germans.

OreoCookie
Mar 24, 2009, 08:45 AM

None taken.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 24, 2009, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Brit/English perspective : German = Odd.

This isn't meant to provoke a flame war, cause harm or be insulting. Its basically the perception of Brits regarding people not from the Islands.
Fixed.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 24, 2009, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
Fixed.
http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Johnny_Foreigner

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 24, 2009, 09:57 AM

Brilliant!

OreoCookie
Mar 24, 2009, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
Fixed.
Hey, don't make fun of our friends from the island. They just like to reminisce on the good ol' times when they were a world power (militarily and in soccer, ahem, football).

Just wanted to add my bit of stereotyping here
( Last edited by OreoCookie; Mar 24, 2009 at 10:05 AM. )

badidea
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2009, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
So what was the correct interpretation?
Sorry for my post and run (work)...but I think Oreo answered your question in the best possible way!

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 24, 2009, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by badidea View Post
Sorry for my post and run (work)...but I think Oreo answered your question in the best possible way!
No worries.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 24, 2009, 11:41 AM

No worries.
Very touchy feely Doof, WTF? Are you drunk? Stoned ?

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 24, 2009, 11:56 AM

Absolutely hilarious.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 24, 2009, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Very touchy feely Doof, WTF? Are you drunk? Stoned ?
I'm going to go with "tired" (what with just having fell off the back of my office chair 'coz I went to sleep and all that).

gradient
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2009, 10:49 PM

I'm glad to hear that I'm just a little odd. Other's keep claiming to the contrary.

Forum Links
Forum Rules