Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Building supplies

Building supplies
residentEvil
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2006, 08:26 PM

Building Supplies (can the title be changed please?) damnit all. Update: thanks for the change!

Holy crap drywall jumped almost 2x here. Went to go get some tonight (in my Durango ) for my basement bathroom remodel and crap. Over $9 a sheet for 3/8". 1/2" was over $10! For one figgin' sheet! Last time I bought drywall was right around the end of September and it was $5.60 a sheet.

2x4s were normal though; and I still have mud left that is in good shape and tape. But crap, wtf? I didn't even attempt to go down the isle that had rigid insullation. I left my cart in the isle and left.

Checked both Lowes and Home Depot...only $0.17 difference in sheet price. Guess the bathroom won't be done for Super Bowel, er Bowl weekend.
( Last edited by residentEvil; Jan 31, 2006 at 08:58 PM. )

euchomai
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2006, 08:30 PM

We do a huge haunted house project and the hurricane drove up prices in a huge way here in Oklahoma. We spent the extra money though and then the worst happened, the fire marshall stepped in and shut us down. We lost tons of cash.

All that to say, yeah, it has gone up a lot.

residentEvil  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2006, 08:33 PM

Everything else had normal prices, in my eyes. Copper and electrical supplies that I buy often was what I expected even. Plywood was good too (didn't buy any yet, but will...making a sofit with access panel to cover my incoming gas line that is right over the friggin' water closet.).

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 10:35 PM

Spend the money, then invite people for a Super Bowl party and charge $10 a beer.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2006, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Godfather
Spend the money, then invite people for a Super Bowl party and charge $10 a beer.
Awesome

residentEvil  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 1, 2006, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by The Godfather
Yup, that was the plan...sorta. $5 pp to cover food costs. But the party has been cancelled, I might have 2 tickets to the game now

Forum Links
Forum Rules