Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > WOW- Wireless performance is amazing on 10.4.8

WOW- Wireless performance is amazing on 10.4.8
Abbas
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 3, 2006, 06:19 AM

I'm not sure if this was fixed in 10.4.7 or not but the wirless performance is so much better than 10.4.6 on my MacBook Pro. I could NOT watch a streaming movie properly on my MacBook Pro previosly using either VLC or Quicktime as it used to pause quite frequently, however, with this update, not only can I stream Dixv perfectly, but HD stuff plays without any pauses either.

I'm not going to say Good Job Apple as I was easily able to do this on Windows Notebooks without any problems for the last couple of years but I am REALLY glad that this is fixed and gives me one less reason to complain.

-a

SOLIDAge
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2006, 10:01 PM

i've noticed that my 24" iMac auto joins my network...what an annoying bug that was.

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 3, 2006, 10:26 PM

I'm going to move this to the Networking forum, because it's specifically about how NETWORKING changed in 10.4.8.

SOLIDAge, I hope your experience is representative-that "AirPort goes to sleep and loses its place in the network" thing has been a major hemhoroid for a lot of people, while others haven't encountered it at all.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2006, 10:30 AM

I've noticed this too. Especially on my Comcast Cable connection. Just in general it seems to have made it better.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

indigoimac
Senior User
Oct 4, 2006, 08:55 PM

Comcast was specifically mentioned in the update, I imagine that the update should have a positive effect.
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz i7 4GB RAM 6490M 120GB OWC 6G SSD 500GB HD
15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz C2D 2GB RAM 8600M GT 200GB HD
17" C2D iMac 2.0GHz 2GB RAM x1600 500GB HD

Forum Links
Forum Rules