Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes 7.01 and Music Videos problem

iTunes 7.01 and Music Videos problem
absharp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2006, 08:07 PM

I'm having an odd problem that has stumped me.

I'm running iTunes 7.01 on 10.4.7 with a large library, including some 60 music videos. All of these are videos that I have added in myself (not from the iTunes store). In the past, I would simply add the video in, do a Get Info on the video and set its type to be "Music Video". Once I did that, the video was recognized as a music video, and I could still do a Get Info to set some of the additional options on the video, including its tags.

With iTunes 7.01, once the type is set to "Music Video", I can no longer do a Get Info on the file. If I try to, I see the File menu 'flash', but no dialog appears. Its as if Get Info is no longer valid for Music Video's.

I tried pulling out my iTunes prefs file and reinstalling iTunes 7.01, but none of this has made a difference.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions on how I might troubleshoot or tackle this problem?

Thanks in advance!

jyunderwood
Oct 1, 2006, 08:21 AM

what are they encoded in? I had problems with MPEG files and information with iTunes 6. I then converted all the music videos to ipod format using the option in itunes. I didn't have any problems after that in itunes 6 and I don't have any now with itunes 7.

I changed them all to movies and back to music videos to test it too, get info still worked fine.

absharp  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2006, 09:10 AM

Thanks jyunderwood.

I encoded them into iPod format using VisualHub. In iTunes 6.0x I had no problems; I've only noticed this since I upgraded to iTunes 7.0x

I'll try converting them as you suggest, but it would be a pain to encode some 60+ videos again! Any other ideas?

Forum Links
Forum Rules