Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > A warning to 3rd party candidate voters

A warning to 3rd party candidate voters
johnwk
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2008, 09:32 AM

Voting for a third party candidate at this time when one of only two candidates will win the election [McCain/Obama] , would be wasting your vote and endangering your political freedoms. My personal opinion is that voting for McCain will give those who are not happy with either Obama/McCain or the Republican/Democrat party leadership will give us time to regroup, unite, and try to increase our numbers. I see Obama as a very frightening and dangerous choice, and if elected would work to undermine the very core of our election process by silencing opposition! He must be stopped for no other reason than to save our election process, and here is why.

Obama/Ayers Update: Obama Campaign Unleashes “Turbas” on WGN Radio Host

Obama Campaign Tries to Shut Down Chicago Radio Show

Intimidation Tactics

SHUT UP, THEY EXPLAINED (AGAIN)

Heck, even Hillary supporters say that Obama’s brown shirt tactics used on WGN are “unreal“ and “bully-boy tactics“.

Government computers used to find information on Joe the Plumber

Well, that’s just a taste of Chicago’s corrupt political machine in action which will swarm into Washington if Obama is elected. SEE:
A presidential debate, the Chicago Way

But any child in Illinois knows the Chicago Way leads through the most politically corrupt city in America, in a politically corrupt state, where muscle trumps reason, where Democratic warlords brazenly promote their offspring into public office, where even souls are offered up for sale.

The national media have never wanted to understand, much less expose, political corruption here, or examine how Obama prospered under the Daley machine's guidance. A trip down the Chicago Way would force them to re-examine their ridiculous narrative that sets Obama as a political reformer riding a white horse, or is that a winged unicorn?
As I correctly stated in the past, it’s very scary that many who support Obama don’t understand the Chicago political machine and how it works if put into power. It immediately begins to use all available government resources to snuff out political opposition. ACORN is only a small example!

JWK

Wake up and smell the Hugo Chávez coffee.

Ham Sandwich
Oct 29, 2008, 01:39 PM

Your black helicopter logic and arguments do nothing to sway my third party voting choice.

Voting for either of these buffoons would make my conscience feel very dirty.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2008, 01:44 PM

My personal opinion is that voting for McCain will give those who are not happy with either Obama/McCain or the Republican/Democrat party leadership will give us time to regroup, unite, and try to increase our numbers.
I don't get this – "vote for us so we remain in power while we get ourselves new voters to marginalize you"?

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2008, 01:44 PM

I'm voting for Kodos.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2008, 01:46 PM

BTW, I'm offended we're always one of the last internet forums he hits when he cross-posts.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2008, 01:53 PM

Wasn't John Walker arrested for being an American Muslim Terrorist?
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 29, 2008, 04:30 PM

If I think someone can't do the job, I refuse to vote for them. My state is covered for McCain, he's way ahead in the polls, so I'm protesting against both candidates by voting my conscience.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Eug
Clinically Insane
Oct 29, 2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
I'm voting for Kodos.
Well, he often acts all nice to the American people, but I personally think he's out for world domination, and not in a nice way.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Oct 29, 2008, 05:48 PM

Actually, the reason people continue to vote for 3rd party candidates even if they don't have a chance to win is because, if the candidate gets enough votes, they'll qualify for Federal funding for campaigning during the next election year.

So, no, it's not a waste of a vote.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

johnwk  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 30, 2008, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by screamingFit View Post
Your black helicopter logic and arguments do nothing to sway my third party voting choice.

Voting for either of these buffoons would make my conscience feel very dirty.
Do you understand how the Chicago political machine works, and will move into Washington if Obama gets elected?

JWK

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 30, 2008, 12:40 AM

The whole third party candidate is such a strange chicken and egg thing. Many people want a third party but won't get one without voting for them, and won't vote for them because we don't have much of a third party.

Is that chicken and egg? Maybe I'm using the wrong expression, but it definitely is self defeating.

Ham Sandwich
Oct 30, 2008, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
Do you understand how the Chicago political machine works, and will move into Washington if Obama gets elected?

JWK

It's not so much if I understand it - it's if I care. McCain isn't any better than Obama. They are cut from the same cloth and have the same puppetmasters controlling them.

I'm voting, as Shaddim is, with my conscience. I've never voted for the lesser of two evils and am not about to start.

Forum Links
Forum Rules