Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS]

Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS] (Page 37)
greenamp
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2006, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
I don't think they ever say that...
Uh yes they do. Many times.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2006, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by greenamp View Post
Uh yes they do. Many times.
They say there are 12 models of Cylon. Not 12 models of humanoid Cylons.

I think the other 5 are not humanoid Cylons. This is why they don't get a vote. Note that during the episode when the "8" objected and didn't want to jump the basestar they informed it that it didn't get a vote, heavily implying it is a Cylon model.

Edit: No one else seems to remember them saying the 5 can't vote. I'll take a look at the iTunes release tomorrow.
( Last edited by goMac; Nov 4, 2006 at 04:02 AM. )
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2006, 03:11 AM

Should be interesting to see what happens with Saul. I was sure there for a moment tonight that he was going to commit suicide.
Me too

Oversoul
Senior User
Nov 4, 2006, 03:36 AM

Interesting choice for a callsign for Sharon. "Athena" was Apollo's sister and Adama's daughter in the 1978 version.

Ganesha
Senior User
Nov 4, 2006, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
Can someone tell me what "Athena" said right at the end there, when they realized they were sitting underneath the base ship? I missed it.
When god's anger wakens, even the mighty shall fall.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2006, 10:23 AM

Yeah I think that's what the writers were hinting at. Should be interesting to see what happens with Saul. I was sure there for a moment tonight that he was going to commit suicide.
I thought he was going to commit suicide too.

But to be honest, I think the writers are just playing with us. Saul was stone drunk when all this occurred, and even in the real world it is not uncommon to hallucinate the voice of a recently-deceased loved one, or even see their faces in people who look similar, even when you're sober.

If anything, I think they're using this to rule out another possibility for exactly what Baltar-Six is, by highlighting how the two are different. Baltar's first theory about Baltar-Six was that she was a hallucinatory manifestation in his subconscious, but Baltar-Six isn't a knife; Ellen's a knife.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

andi*pandi
Nov 4, 2006, 11:59 AM

She was quoting something from their religious texts I think. Something about, "and the mighty shall fall..."
I dont' remember the wording, but she was picking up what the base star hybrid was muttering. "athena shall fall from grace..." ?? And was it me, or did she start to look sick? Are they going to have to find a cure for her?

the writers totally want us to think tigh was going to off himself. Those were the options adama gave, reform or die, and kara was reforming herself, so...

finboy
Nov 4, 2006, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
even in the real world it is not uncommon to hallucinate the voice of a recently-deceased loved one, or even see their faces in people who look similar, even when you're sober.

Been there, done that. Pretty realistic scene, I thought.

I'm guessing one of them will snap out of it, and Tigh won't. He's always been the weaker one anyway, it's just that the New Caprica leader thing was perfect for his power-mad weakness.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2006, 04:28 PM

An awesome episode, again.

Question: Did the 13th tribe know of the Cylons? I assumed that they took off long before the Cylons were created. Unless thier beacon is a genetically engineered superbug that pretty much kills everything, they couldn't know that the cylons would evolve to human form and what could kill them.

We stil don't know if Baltar is a Cylon or not. He was wearing a suit on the baseship. Although, I have my doubts he is. It would be lame.

This show gets better and better. Keep it up!

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2006, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post
An awesome episode, again.

Question: Did the 13th tribe know of the Cylons? I assumed that they took off long before the Cylons were created. Unless thier beacon is a genetically engineered superbug that pretty much kills everything, they couldn't know that the cylons would evolve to human form and what could kill them.

We stil don't know if Baltar is a Cylon or not. He was wearing a suit on the baseship. Although, I have my doubts he is. It would be lame.

This show gets better and better. Keep it up!
The Cylons have said that the history is circular, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes, the 13th tribe knew about a different group of Cylons. Perhaps they were even fleeing from Kobol from the Cylons.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2006, 06:03 PM

Did anybody else see Saul hearing Ellen's voice as maybe a sign that she could be in his head like Baltar's Six?
Was thinking the same thing. Based on that, and what Six-in-Baltar's-head said, it's beginning to appear (to me at least) this third party that keeps on interfering in events is whatever the Cylons consider to be their god and that Six-in-Baltar's-head (and thus, Baltar-in-Caprica's-head) has no connection to their physical world counterparts.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2006, 06:09 PM

They say there are 12 models of Cylon. Not 12 models of humanoid Cylons.

I think the other 5 are not humanoid Cylons. This is why they don't get a vote. Note that during the episode when the "8" objected and didn't want to jump the basestar they informed it that it didn't get a vote, heavily implying it is a Cylon model.

Edit: No one else seems to remember them saying the 5 can't vote. I'll take a look at the iTunes release tomorrow.
I don't think the hybrid is one of the Models. That would mean the centurions and raiders are also among the Models, in which case we have 10 identified models so far (which I had assumed to be the case, until this episode)

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2006, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
I don't think the hybrid is one of the Models. That would mean the centurions and raiders are also among the Models, in which case we have 10 identified models so far (which I had assumed to be the case, until this episode)
Yeah, taking a second look today at it today from the iTunes download I tend to agree. I do think however there is something odd about the last five that makes them different. I don't think we're going to get any more Galactica crew as Cylons.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2006, 07:12 PM

Just listened to the commentary. Roland Moore says that the beacon just had some junk on it that killed the cylons. This means that the device and its infective agent may not be something deliberately left behind, but rather accidentally picked up in space... or does it?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2006, 07:58 PM

Just listened to the commentary. Roland Moore says that the beacon just had some junk on it that killed the cylons. This means that the device and its infective agent may not be something deliberately left behind, but rather accidentally picked up in space... or does it?
I'd say the likelyhood of a virus that only infects and kills Cylons left on a beacon that happens to be from the 13th tribe and left on the road to Earth for no apparent reason is pretty slim.

Oversoul
Senior User
Nov 4, 2006, 08:38 PM

But what's the likelihood the 13th Tribe would know what kills the Cylons? My understanding, at least in this iteration of BSG, is that the 12 colonies created the Cylons and that the 13th Tribe had branched off long before the Cylons were created.

Still, I like the idea of the probe/beacon being "man"-made and containing a virus that specifically harms the Cylons.

andi*pandi
Nov 4, 2006, 08:38 PM

also, I bet they're extra glad they didn't kill Gaeta now, with the whole finding the road to earth thing.

I'm thinking the final 5 are one of a kinds. Not multiples. And maybe they're back on cyclon home world? There's a place that would be cool to see.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2006, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Oversoul View Post
But what's the likelihood the 13th Tribe would know what kills the Cylons? My understanding, at least in this iteration of BSG, is that the 12 colonies created the Cylons and that the 13th Tribe had branched off long before the Cylons were created.

Still, I like the idea of the probe/beacon being "man"-made and containing a virus that specifically harms the Cylons.
The Cylons already said that the timeline is circular. It's possible that the 13th tribe already knew about a previous incarnation of the Cylons.

greenamp
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2006, 09:19 PM

Doooo you knoooooow where my eyeeeee isssssssss?!!!

chaddiman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 4, 2006, 10:03 PM

LOL @ greenamp

I heard some disturbing news that BSG might get canceled because of the low ratings. Can someone please tell me that I'm crazy to actually even consider the possibility?
( Last edited by chaddiman; Nov 4, 2006 at 10:11 PM. )

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2006, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by chaddiman View Post
LOL @ greenamp

I heard some disturbing news that BSG might get canceled because of the low ratings. Can someone please tell me that I'm crazy to actually even consider the possibility?
Yes. The producers have already addressed this rumor. It's not true.

reader50
Administrator
Nov 5, 2006, 12:24 AM

This was another strong episode. Season 3 is shaping up very well. On to the usual notes.

Originally Posted by D'Anna Biers
... we've decided that Earth's going to be our new home.
My thought was, what's wrong with their old home?
Originally Posted by Caprica Six
[concerning the final five models] It's complicated, but we don't talk about them. Ever.
Is it possible that the final five kicked the known seven off the Cylon homeworld? Perhaps that even precipitated the attack on the Colonies by the known seven.

Originally Posted by Simon
We land, the disease that's killing the Human Cylons could infect one of our Raiders as well.
So the Cylon name for humanoid models is "Human Cylon". Unless Simon was using a convenient nickname, like the Colonials use "Toaster".

Imaginary Six is showing a lot of independence. Looks like the mystery of Six isn't solved after all.

Lasers do not show a visible beam in space. No air molecules to reflect the light. This had to be a visual effects gaff during the combat training exercise.

Originally Posted by Felix Gaeta
[during briefing] ... they're the rotating cores of dead stars. They emit a blast of radio waves.
Oops, this is a big one. There is nothing called "radio" in the Colonies. Bet that word will be looped out in the Season 3 DVD, replaced by "wireless".

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Nov 5, 2006, 12:26 AM

Random Theory:

Perhaps the remaining 5 cylon agents were problematic. They literally thought they were human and had a hard time letting go of the idea, even a harder time than Boomer had. Hence Ellen and possibly Baltar... Maybe Sharon was the last of the models that could make the decision properly, what number is she (would it make a difference?)
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 5, 2006, 12:29 AM

Yes. The producers have already addressed this rumor. It's not true.
Farscape had a huge viewer rating, but it was still canceled due to production costs.

You guys are just lucky this show isn't on FOX, otherwise it'd 've been canceled after 12 episodes... shown in the wrong order... on Tuesday nights... at 11:30 PM.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 5, 2006, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
Lasers do not show a visible beam in space. No air molecules to reflect the light. This had to be a visual effects gaff during the combat training exercise.
You can't expect every show to be as good as Firefly.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2006, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
also, I bet they're extra glad they didn't kill Gaeta now, with the whole finding the road to earth thing.

I'm thinking the final 5 are one of a kinds. Not multiples. And maybe they're back on cyclon home world? There's a place that would be cool to see.
My guess is they're either superior models, and the 7 have never seen them, or they've taken a different path that the 7 don't agree with. Possibly the 3rd party that we've been seeing evidence of.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Nov 5, 2006, 12:43 AM

A couple things for the record:

1) I don't think that the remaining 5 are anything other than humanoid. The series consistantly suggests the notion that there are 12 cylon humanoid models. The most prevalent suggestion I think is in the miniseries with the coversation between six and baltar. Baltar mocks the idea noting that cylons are robots, Six states that there are twelve models, and she's #6... This suggests that there are 12 human-looking models. Besides, it would be dumb for the writers to string along the audience with a remaining five only to reveal that the hybrid, the raider, and the centuion are 3 of those.

2) I thought Saul was going to commit suicide too. I really have no idea how he fits into whole story now.

3) With the breakdown of the Cyclon hierarchy, I'd really love to see Baltar begin to manipulate, slowly, methodically, and eventually find himself ruling the cylons. Bring order to their chaos (sorry, star trek plug) The only person that would really counter his rule would be six. the image comes from and old BSG scene where the old baltar was up on this ridiculous throne with a couple centurions at the bottom, he was telling some other human that "The Cylons are our friends".
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

greenamp
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2006, 01:33 AM

I still think the remaining 5 humanoid Cylons split from the seven for some reason, possibly in a disagreement over attacking Caprica. And those 5 Cylons are Adama(Zues), Lee(Apollo), Tigh(Ares), Roselyn(Hera?), and Baltar(Hades) (the colonial variants think they are human)

Six(Aphrodite)
Boomer(Athena)
[others?]

The 12 models are symbolic of the 12 main greek gods.
( Last edited by greenamp; Nov 5, 2006 at 01:45 AM. Reason: ...)

Sourbook
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 5, 2006, 01:44 AM

I think the remaining 5 humanoid Cylons were made too human. When the time came for them to awaken from their 'sleeper' status, they never awoke. They continue to live as humans (unaware that they are Cylons) and they are the cause of great envy among the other humanoid Cylons.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Nov 5, 2006, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sourbook View Post
I think the remaining 5 humanoid Cylons were made too human. When the time came for them to awaken from their 'sleeper' status, they never awoke. They continue to live as humans (unaware that they are Cylons) and they are the cause of great envy among the other humanoid Cylons.
See my post a bit above: Random Theory
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2006, 02:38 AM

I just watched it and was blown away. Here are some points or things I got out of it:

- I found it odd in the beginning when Baltar was on the beach with head Six there lips were blocked out with light and even then what they were saying didn't seem to match their movements.

- Gaita mentions Baltar has a nack for "self preservation". Then head Six says to Baltar "I am an angel of God sent here to protect you, just like I always have been". Then Baltar learns of the Cylons "projection" and the only difference is Balrar sees a person instead of a place. If you think about every time Head Six has shown up, she has always forces Baltar into doing something to save Baltars ass. She tells him to say he knows where to bomb the mining factory, sets him up to be president, to build a Cylon Detector so they have use for him, he should leave BSG when Adama is shot cuz it is not sage, to sign the death warrents to save his life, to hand over the Cylon baby, etc, etc. So obviously Head Six is a projection of Baltars own self preservation instincts. How did this happen? Well it might have had something to do with his inanimate relationship with Gina in the Pilot. Remember how having sex with her caused her spine to glow? That is sorta weird and we kinds just brush it off. Perhaps there was some soft of Intimate exchange so baltar gained some Cylon qualities and Gina gained some human ones.

- At first I thought the Hybrids (AKA Borg queen) was ones of the remaining 12 models but they said "We don't speak of them...EVER". Right after that they say "They Hybrid sent scrambled info and our Hybrid is looking into it" then Six takes Baltar on a nice Hybrid tour and give him the lowdown on it. Same goes for baseships, raiders and Centuians as they talk of them all the time. So much for not talking about them... ever!

- I told you it is was just too weird that the only Cylons we were seeing on New Caprica and on the basestars (7 models voting) are the only one we see.

- When I heard Hybrids I first thought Baltar and Starbuck for some reason. Not saying they are but that is the first thing that came to mind.

- It is odd how Six said to Balrar "the ones you know as Leoben". Why not call him #whatever.

- Leoben seems to be on some spiritual quest AND he thinks the Minority Report Basestar Cylon models are more than the sum of their parts.

- The Skinjobs saying "we know this would happen when we took human form". "We are not like him, we are not human" but it didn't sound like they were talking of Baltar but possibly god.

- When Baltar says to Six that he has conflicted feeling about helping them find earth why does it switch to that strange shot of Six and Baltar sanding facing each other when that doesn't really happen? It happens again right after Baltar sees naked Boomer.

- With all this talk of "Projection" I am wondering if zimphire is one of the remaining 5 Cylons.

- Why did Six have black hair on the sick ship?

- Close to the end when Head Six tells Baltar to go to the sickship her lips are blocked again as soon as she mentions Baltar being Cylon or the remaining 5.

- None of the real world Cylons ever mention there are "five" remaining models, only "the others". The only time "12 models" has ever been mentioned by a Cylon was Gina in the pilot. If it wasn't for that, only Gina would have mentioned them i would question the number of models altogether.

- In early Season 2 Boomer mentions to Baltar that there are something like 8 more skinjobs in the fleet. One was Lawless, one was the priest. Does that mean they were all discovered as everyone knows what the 8 look like now or are some of the remaining ones part of the 5 we haven't seen. Even then why doesn't buddy buddy Athena spill the beans by now? Also why hasn't Athena ask Adama about the baby?

- When Baltar says he will go to sickship, six says "Truly selfless act". When have I heard her say that before?

- The Hybrids ARE conscious but they just think it has gone "mad", "god speeks through her", "Maybe leoben is right, maybe she does see God". Previously they have said "To know the face of god is to know madness"

- Why did black hair sick 6 think Baltar was from Galactica? Did she miss the current events memo? She must have known the lowdown because she said "you sent us here, you want the other baseships to follow".

The major question for me is when did Baltar start "projecting" how much of what is going on is a projection? Did he know there would be an attack and everything after was projections to assure his own survival? Who are these last 5 models? Are they ones that have erased memories of being cylons and gone to live among the humans secretly?

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

greenamp
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2006, 07:58 AM

And why is Lawless trying to seduce Baltar all of the sudden?

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2006, 08:47 AM

Air does not reflect the laser. Dust does.

No bitches about sound in space?

andi*pandi
Nov 5, 2006, 01:33 PM

And why is Lawless trying to seduce Baltar all of the sudden?
1) baby fever. 2) the fun of it.

reader50
Administrator
Nov 5, 2006, 01:47 PM

No bitches about sound in space?
The thread has already covered sound in space. Supposedly, it is edited as though we are getting ship sounds from shortrange cockpit mics.

reader50
Administrator
Nov 5, 2006, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
- I found it odd in the beginning when Baltar was on the beach with head Six their lips were blocked out with light and even then what they were saying didn't seem to match their movements.

- ... Well it might have had something to do with his intimate relationship with Gina in the Pilot. ...
About the lip blocking, the podcast explains that. They altered the scene order late in editing. That shot originally fell in the middle, and the characters were talking about something else. The editors looped in new dialog for the new location.

Gina was the Six model captured by Pegasus. Baltar's original Six in the miniseries, Downloaded, and since Season 3 began is Caprica Six.

Does it seem to anyone else that the Cylons are a lot less concerned with having babies since the heros changed things after Downloaded? During the occupation, Caprica Six should have been all over Baltar trying. Instead, we get an offhand reference during Torn. D'Anna did want to find Hera, but we haven't seen Hera since. Also, finding the baby weighed in Baltar's favor, instead of being a major coup.
( Last edited by reader50; Nov 5, 2006 at 02:06 PM. )

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2006, 02:10 PM

About the lip blocking, the podcast explains that. They altered the scene order late in editing. That shot originally fell in the middle, and the characters were talking about something else. The editors looped in new dialog for the new location.
That is weird. Were they just lucky this same scene had their lips blocked?

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2006, 02:12 PM

That is weird. Were they just lucky this same scene had their lips blocked?
I suspect they added the flares in. It'd wouldn't be too difficult.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Nov 5, 2006, 04:31 PM

I must say I was a little disappointed by this episode. They tried to explain a lot, but at the same time I felt like it had a lot of filler in it. I guess we'll learn more next week, but I hope we don't more of the cheesy sets with the flashy lights and the arrays of fishing lines with drops of oil dripping down them.

This episode would be extremely hard to understand for someone who only started watching the series recently too.

With all this talk of "Projection" I am wondering if zimphire is one of the remaining 5 Cylons.

Visnaut
Senior User
Nov 5, 2006, 05:38 PM

I found it to be a pretty cool episode, explained several things we didn't know about the cylons.

One thing I found strange however, was that the cylons were very quick to conclude that the virus was:
  1. Incurable.
  2. Transferrable through the download process.

With having had only a brief time to study the blood sample that Baltar brought back, it seems rather presumptuous on their part to conclude that it's absolutely incurable.

And likewise, fearing that the download/ressurection process would carry the virus with it. This seems even more unlikely, if what we understand of the download process to be true. I imagined the download to be a form of transcribing one's brain patterns or structure into a transmitted signal of some sort. If downloading has the potential to carry the disease, then there must be some physical transfer of biological material. Perhaps this would explain why one of the Brother Cavils explained the download process to be more painful each time.

Also, I found it surprising that upon discovering this potentially devastating disease, and even taking drastic measures to make sure it didn't spread, that the cylons didn't find it prudent to destroy the basestar and all of its raiders, lest the humans happen upon it and try to weaponize it in some form. After all, the humans are on the path to Earth as well, it would make sense to assume that they would cross that region of space eventually.

So judging by the preview for next week two things will likely happen: Galactica and crew will find out the cylons are vulnerable to a disease, as well as the source of it, and potentially try to capitalize on it. And Sharon "Athena" will be infected and probably die, unless a miraculous cure can be found, much like Hera's cancer-curing blood. Maybe they still have a vile of it around.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2006, 07:27 PM

I just watched it and was blown away. Here are some points or things I got out of it:

- I found it odd in the beginning when Baltar was on the beach with head Six there lips were blocked out with light and even then what they were saying didn't seem to match their movements.
The producers said that this is actually because this scene was filmed later and then re-purposed. Voice actors were hired to dub over.

- Gaita mentions Baltar has a nack for "self preservation". Then head Six says to Baltar "I am an angel of God sent here to protect you, just like I always have been". Then Baltar learns of the Cylons "projection" and the only difference is Balrar sees a person instead of a place. If you think about every time Head Six has shown up, she has always forces Baltar into doing something to save Baltars ass. She tells him to say he knows where to bomb the mining factory, sets him up to be president, to build a Cylon Detector so they have use for him, he should leave BSG when Adama is shot cuz it is not sage, to sign the death warrents to save his life, to hand over the Cylon baby, etc, etc. So obviously Head Six is a projection of Baltars own self preservation instincts. How did this happen? Well it might have had something to do with his inanimate relationship with Gina in the Pilot. Remember how having sex with her caused her spine to glow? That is sorta weird and we kinds just brush it off. Perhaps there was some soft of Intimate exchange so baltar gained some Cylon qualities and Gina gained some human ones.
I disagree. The glowing spine thing happened with Athena/Helo, I think it's just indicative of the person being a Cylon.

- At first I thought the Hybrids (AKA Borg queen) was ones of the remaining 12 models but they said "We don't speak of them...EVER". Right after that they say "They Hybrid sent scrambled info and our Hybrid is looking into it" then Six takes Baltar on a nice Hybrid tour and give him the lowdown on it. Same goes for baseships, raiders and Centuians as they talk of them all the time. So much for not talking about them... ever!
At first I thought the hybrid was one of the models but I don't think so anymore.

- I told you it is was just too weird that the only Cylons we were seeing on New Caprica and on the basestars (7 models voting) are the only one we see.
Sure, eventually the writers would have to find a way to explain it. I think this is why the models are not sleeper agents. It just wouldn't work that somehow they were filtered out from the fleet.

- It is odd how Six said to Balrar "the ones you know as Leoben". Why not call him #whatever.
Leoben's number isn't widely known to the viewers. They probably did that just to clarify for the audience.

- Leoben seems to be on some spiritual quest AND he thinks the Minority Report Basestar Cylon models are more than the sum of their parts.
I think Leoben believes god is connected to everything. He could probably find god in a potted plant. Not saying there isn't something special about the hybrids, but that is just how Leoben is.

- When Baltar says to Six that he has conflicted feeling about helping them find earth why does it switch to that strange shot of Six and Baltar sanding facing each other when that doesn't really happen? It happens again right after Baltar sees naked Boomer.
The producers said the way the episode was originally edited it sucked. They had to go back and put in these "artistic" scenes.

- Why did Six have black hair on the sick ship?
Seems to have just been an artistic decision. It was mentioned in the podcast.

- Close to the end when Head Six tells Baltar to go to the sickship her lips are blocked again as soon as she mentions Baltar being Cylon or the remaining 5.
Probably to make the scene fit in more with the earlier scene.

- Why did black hair sick 6 think Baltar was from Galactica? Did she miss the current events memo? She must have known the lowdown because she said "you sent us here, you want the other baseships to follow".
She was dying and probably not completely aware of her surroundings.

The major question for me is when did Baltar start "projecting" how much of what is going on is a projection? Did he know there would be an attack and everything after was projections to assure his own survival? Who are these last 5 models? Are they ones that have erased memories of being cylons and gone to live among the humans secretly?
I'm not sure Baltar is projecting. When the Cylons project, they just "skin" the environment they are in. Baltar's fantasy's seem to be something entirely different. I think the Six in his head may somehow be able to pull Baltar into her projections, but obviously Baltar doesn't seem to have very much control of them. I still don't think Baltar is a Cylon.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2006, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Visnaut View Post
And likewise, fearing that the download/ressurection process would carry the virus with it. This seems even more unlikely, if what we understand of the download process to be true. I imagined the download to be a form of transcribing one's brain patterns or structure into a transmitted signal of some sort. If downloading has the potential to carry the disease, then there must be some physical transfer of biological material. Perhaps this would explain why one of the Brother Cavils explained the download process to be more painful each time.
If it were a computer virus it would be transfered with the Cylon's mind.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2006, 09:10 PM

I don't think Baltar is a Cylon either but I think something went wrong with him physically and mentally because of his relationship with 6.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 5, 2006, 09:30 PM

I don't think Baltar is a Cylon either but I think something went wrong with him physically and mentally because of his relationship with 6.
Well, it's hinted in the podcast that the Six in Baltar's head and the Baltar in Six's head could be the same entity or are strongly connected on some level which leads me to buy into the "guardian angel" theory.

Visnaut
Senior User
Nov 5, 2006, 10:06 PM

If it were a computer virus it would be transfered with the Cylon's mind.
Wow, okay, I never thought of that, that seems much more plausible.

I had assumed that the way they had referred to the virus, as a "pestilence" and a "disease" that it was biological in nature. And the way they were affected physically, not just mentally.

But I guess if you can trace your lineage back to toasters then a computer virus would very well be a pestilence and disease.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Nov 5, 2006, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Visnaut View Post
Wow, okay, I never thought of that, that seems much more plausible.

I had assumed that the way they had referred to the virus, as a "pestilence" and a "disease" that it was biological in nature. And the way they were affected physically, not just mentally.

But I guess if you can trace your lineage back to toasters then a computer virus would very well be a pestilence and disease.
If it were simply a biological disease then humans would probably be vulnerable as well.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Nov 5, 2006, 10:48 PM

What did Sharon say at the end? ".............. awakens, and the mighty shall fall".

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2006, 11:41 PM

Is it possible that the final five kicked the known seven off the Cylon homeworld? Perhaps that even precipitated the attack on the Colonies by the known seven.
That was my thought exactly. Why do the seven known models seem to be nomadic, looking for a new home, when there is already a cylon homeworld? Perhaps the 7 are a splinter group that developed this belief in some god, and ended up being exiled by the rest who remain secular/rational. It could explain why the 7 prefer not to talk much about them.

Ganesha
Senior User
Nov 6, 2006, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
What did Sharon say at the end? ".............. awakens, and the mighty shall fall".
When god's anger wakens, even the mighty shall fall.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2006, 01:47 AM

By the way.. we will be seeing the Cylon Homeworld very soon.
( Last edited by Dark Helmet; Nov 6, 2006 at 09:32 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules