Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Getting a loan at age 17 (need advice)

Getting a loan at age 17 (need advice)
MattJeff
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2007, 12:20 AM

well first off i'm only 17, i graduated from school a long time ago, i'm very young for where i am in life, and my parents have no money... none... my father, who would kill me for divulging this, borrowed $2,900 from me and promised to pay me back....a year ago. he was going to get the money this month and again... something came up. i cant depend on him right now and was wondering if there was anyway to get a loan or something of the sort from a bank at age 17 (anything at 17 is way to difficult on our own).

i'm a self employed Photographer/writer and i need to get more money for equipment and such. its a necessity for my work to continue(my apartment was broken into and a bunch was stolen). Any help would be immensely appreciated as i will lose jobs with out this. i understand i can get a temp job but my circumstances are... unique(again im 17 and jobs in my area are hard to come bye even for someone with a degree). thanks again.
( Last edited by MattJeff; Jul 1, 2007 at 01:25 AM. )

macgeek2005
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2007, 12:24 AM

Can you afford $30?

Law of Attraction :: The Secret :: Offical Web Site of The Secret

Buy the DVD, watch it, and if your problems aren't solved, then all the scientists, philosophers, and quantum physicians, from 2000 years ago to the present, were wrong.

Railroader
Banned
Jul 1, 2007, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by MattJeff View Post
im 17 and jobs in my area are hard to come bye even for someone with a degree). thanks again.
Maybe the jobs are difficult to obtain because you don't appear intelligent.

And what intelligent person loans their dad $2,900?!?!

I'm sorry, but I am not sympathizing with you. Perhaps macgeek2005's mom could buy you the equipment.

Railroader
Banned
Jul 1, 2007, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by macgeek2005 View Post
Can you afford $30?

Buy the DVD, watch it, and if your problems aren't solved, then all the scientists, philosophers, and quantum physicians, from 2000 years ago to the present, were wrong.
I think macgeek2005 might have a good tip for you. Make a scam site and the money will roll in!

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2007, 12:36 AM

Look, jobs may be hard to come by in your area, but getting out of debt at your age with insolvent parents is much harder.

I'm skeptical that your job is as valuable (with regards to its ability to generate income) as you think it is. If you're not making enough to even pay for the right equipment, then why is it worth getting into debt for?

Obviously I don't know the whole story, but that's my advice.

At 17, the only thing which is really worth getting into debt for, aside from medical bills, is university tuition, because odds are it will result in a higher income in the years after you graduate. Anything else is just unnecessarily risky.

MattJeff  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2007, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Maybe the jobs are difficult to obtain because you don't appear intelligent.

I'm sorry, but I am not sympathizing with you. Perhaps macgeek2005's mom could buy you the equipment.
wow, how rude could you get, i only asked for help if this is your idea of helping im sorry, it's not.

the reason i don't have money is i have school, i work on my own free time, as i said, writing and selling my art work which does well for me( it brings in food and an small apartment). i didn't say its a career and i should have probably been a little more clear but being rude no way to respond to me. i have school loans, i can get those, just not for anything other then school. i don't need all 2,900 so i'm not digging into debt. i was only wondering if someone (hopefully not as rude as railroader ) could maybe point me in the right direction for what i need.
i may have sounded a little desperate, i just got the news tonight and have been waiting on this so hard, so it was a bit of a blow to me(im feeling much more down to earth). im not going to get kicked out of my apartment or starve but it will put me back far and make school harder for me if i don't get this and start making money now. if you have nothing supportive to say then don't comment i don't need to waste my time on you.

PS if it involves something i can't trust(A.K.A. Shady web sites or offers)... don't bother with it. I may be 17 but i'm not stupid, that would be why i graduated so young.

PPS railroader, some one who loans their father 2,900, for reasons i don't need to tell you, is not Dumb. it merely means they care about their family. Caring its a word you should learn because you obviously don't excel in that category in life and need practice in.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2007, 01:32 AM

What exactly is it that you want to buy, and how will it help you earn money?

MattJeff  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2007, 01:44 AM

well my lenses were stolen as well as my laptop(old g4). i sell my Artwork(photos) and write but that is not actually part of my income yet. i bring my art work around and show it to area business or ones further away in some cases. i cary my laptop or prints with and show them my work and ask if i can put my work up in their store and sell it. they get a small premium for displaying it but i get the majority. i make money as long as i keep bringing them my work and it helps if i have lots of work going out. with my laptop stolen as well as lenses i can't take pictures and i don't have any older pics. (this computer doesn't handle pics, its for writing and is not a portable and was left untouched for some reason) i can get lenses if i have money and i can get a laptop for cheaper with my Edu discount or used. if i can get money i can start up my work again and keep up with what i was doing.

MattJeff  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2007, 01:45 AM

well they are closed now, my father only told me he couldn't get the money yet tonight

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 1, 2007, 01:48 AM

I assume you have a bank account. Have you tried talking to your bank to see if there's anything they can do for you?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 1, 2007, 02:00 AM

Can you afford $30?

OMG you are ridiculously credulous. It's a good thing you have rich parents to support you when you lose all your money trying to help somebody smuggle the late Mr. John Baxter's $11,500,000 (ELEVEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND U.S. DOLLARS) out of Nigeria.

Something to chew on, including proof of those hucksters' fraud.
( Last edited by Chuckit; Jul 1, 2007 at 02:09 AM. )
Chuck
___

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2007, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Something to chew on, including proof of those hucksters' fraud.
"My father was aware there were people with esoteric knowledge who controlled all the wealth, had all the power, and were specifically excluding him from getting any."

This secret sounds like a winner, haha.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2007, 02:29 AM

wow, how rude could you get, i only asked for help if this is your idea of helping im sorry, it's not.

PPS railroader, some one who loans their father 2,900, for reasons i don't need to tell you, is not Dumb. it merely means they care about their family. Caring its a word you should learn because you obviously don't excel in that category in life and need practice in.
Ignore him; it's just the way he is.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

highstakes
Senior User
Jul 1, 2007, 02:33 AM

I assume you have good credit? If so, you should not have much trouble getting a small loan (you may have to present some sort of "business plan" to justify your amount). I am not sure where you plan to get the loan, but I would avoid the big name banks...your local credit unions/banks (not those one stop title-loan stores) are the best bet for you.

Since you said you are self employed, have you looked in to resources such as business incubators? I never used a business incubator, but lot of college kids around here who are either self employed or have their own start up business have used them and they learned a great deal from those incubators.

bstone
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2007, 03:23 AM

MattJeff,

I am proud of your hard work and ethic. Keep it up. I don't know about a loan but people like you are an inspiration.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 1, 2007, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Oh yes, because some mystical fruitcakes have figured out what nobody else knows...that you can get whatever you want just by visualizing it!
If that worked, Catherine Zeta-Jones would have been mine long ago.
Chuck
___

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2007, 03:55 AM

You say you've finished high school. Have you considered going to college?

If your parents are as broke as you say they are, and you're smart enough to have finished high school "a long time ago" (which I find hard to believe - you're only seventeen! How old were you when you graduated high school? Thirteen? Fourteen? Ten? And was it real high school, a GED, or "unschooling" homeschooling where you haven't actually gotten a valid diploma? not judging, just asking.)...you should have zero problem getting enough financial aid to cover your tuition.

I can tell you this from personal experience. If your parents fall under the national poverty line (which if they're broke and still claiming you and any siblings as financially dependent on their taxes, they probably do), you will get enough money from state and federal needs-based grants to cover college tuition.

So why don't you start there. Get a college education. Don't get into more debt. You won't be able to get a loan on your own unless you've gotten legal emancipation from your parents, and even if you've done that, you're probably looking at the highest interest loan your bank can legally give you, because I'm guessing you have zero credit. You don't need a loan to make money doing photography. You need to get a college degree and get a job in the meantime that is guaranteed steady income. Do a work-study program. Do tech support for the Mac lab at the college that you should be attending. Work at Starbucks (20 hours a week gets you health insurance). Selling photography isn't a way to make an income when you're only 17.

This thread is depressing. I hope that you figure out your life before you find yourself in tens of thousands of dollars in debt because you "need" things that you can't afford.

Meanwhile - macgeek, you crack me up. "The Secret"? Oh yes, because some mystical fruitcakes have figured out what nobody else knows...that you can get whatever you want just by visualizing it! Funny, I'm sitting here really wishing that I had a couple dark chocolate truffles from Godiva sitting on my coffee table...where are they?

I wish I could see what you're going to be like in twenty years...I'm guessing still living on that island with your parents, begging MacNNers to visit you so that they can tell the rest of us how great you are IRL.

To the OP: please don't go looking for a loan that you can't afford. Please go to college, get a job, get a degree, and don't throw away your potential because of some ridiculous pipe dream. It is possible to entertain your dreams and still stay financially stable. There is enough time in the day for a 9-5 job and working on the side to do what you love.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2007, 04:11 AM

Database is jacked again.

<edit>
And it's after 4:00 in the morning. Why am I still up?
</edit>

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jul 1, 2007, 07:04 AM

Can you afford $30?

It's funnier, for sure, but your taunting him is no nicer a response than Railroader's.

Unless, of course, you're not taunting, in which case

I think Kerrigan up there has a good point.

irunat2am
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2007, 07:41 AM

wow, how rude could you get

railroader, some one who loans their father 2,900, for reasons i don't need to tell you, is not Dumb. it merely means they care about their family. Caring its a word you should learn because you obviously don't excel in that category in life and need practice in.
I loaned my dad $2,000 a couple years ago when he needed some extra money, as well. Caring is exactly what it is.

Railroader shouldn't be making fun of you for loaning money to your DAD. He should be asking himself how much of a douc*ebag you have to be to not want to help your family.

Good luck with replacing your gear.
24" iMac 2.16GHz c2d ~ 3G ram ~ 250G ~ Superdrive ~ Pure Sexiness
15" Powerbook G4 ~ 1.5GHz ~ 1.5G ram ~ 160G ~ Combo

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2007, 08:48 AM

A loving and smart son.

That comment was cold, harsh and selfish.

If my father, mother, sister came to me in need of money, I would lend, actually give them the money.

Railroader
Banned
Jul 1, 2007, 08:51 AM

the reason i don't have money is i have school, i work on my own free time, as i said, writing and selling my art work which does well for me( it brings in food and an small apartment). i didn't say its a career and i should have probably been a little more clear but being rude no way to respond to me. i have school loans, i can get those, just not for anything other then school. i don't need all 2,900 so i'm not digging into debt. i was only wondering if someone (hopefully not as rude as railroader ) could maybe point me in the right direction for what i need.
i may have sounded a little desperate, i just got the news tonight and have been waiting on this so hard, so it was a bit of a blow to me(im feeling much more down to earth). im not going to get kicked out of my apartment or starve but it will put me back far and make school harder for me if i don't get this and start making money now. if you have nothing supportive to say then don't comment i don't need to waste my time on you.

PS if it involves something i can't trust(A.K.A. Shady web sites or offers)... don't bother with it. I may be 17 but i'm not stupid, that would be why i graduated so young.

Caring is giving your dad $2900, not loaning. I have given out larger sums of money when people have asked for loans. Loaning someone money just puts far too great of a strain on a relationship. Giving say to them "I love you."

My idea of helping is holding you accountable. If you claim to be so intelligent as to have been able to have finished high school long before you turned 17, then you should at least attempt to sound credible in your text. If you have the same appearances to a loan officer or to a potential employer, then I can understand why you are having difficulties.

Sorry for being so rude in my previous post, but you came off as belittling you father, which I have very little respect for. You could have left him anonymous.

Railroader
Banned
Jul 1, 2007, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by MacosNerd View Post
If my father, mother, sister came to me in need of money, I would lend, actually give them the money.
I was typing this out as you wrote your comment:

Caring is giving your dad $2900, not loaning.
I would NEVER loan a friend or family member money. Ever. That is not caring.

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2007, 09:05 AM

nevermind - I finished reading your response.

irunat2am
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2007, 09:42 AM

I would NEVER loan a friend or family member money. Ever. That is not caring.
There may be people in the world who are not in the same financial situation as you, to where you can give out the money free and clear and feel no financial impact.

Saying it's not caring is ridiculous. Get off your high horse.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2007, 10:09 AM

While I agree that typos are instant death when you're trying to prove you're more mature than your age suggests, there is no one on earth who has no typos on internet message boards. It's just not the same standard. If he wants to save 40 milliseconds by typing "i'm" instead of "I'm" on MacNN, that doesn't mean he does it IRL as well.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 1, 2007, 11:07 AM

What a charmer Railroader is...

Anyway, I don't agree that college/university is a prereq for success, and I definitely don't agree with the notion that you should go to college/university simply to get a better job.

This advice may apply to somebody who is interested in taking on a day job with company x like many do, where this company won't even interview you unless you have a college diploma, but it doesn't necessarily apply to starting your own business, or working particular occupations where your work/portfolio is what is screened.

I'm not discouraging or advising against university/college at all though, I went there myself. I just think that it is good to go there for the right reasons. The right reasons are to become an academic thinker, to develop critical thinking abilities, to give yourself four years to incubate, to meet people with like interests, to experience an academic lifestyle, to expand your mind and begin to question things around you, etc.

I think that kids that go to university and complain about how much homework they have and how hard everything is, party as much as possible, only hang out with party buddies that are uninterested in having intelligent conversation, and grow a cellphone out of their ears are a waste when you think about those driven people who don't even have the opportunity to go to school at all. We don't need more people that are simply capable of making it past an HR screener.

However, I do realize that many people just work to get to the end of their day (and that's fine), and that company x would fulfill these objectives quite nicely. If you aren't interested in simply working for company x though, I think it is worth thinking about what you really want out of university/college. I would hate for you to go to school, put in the four years, and think that a photography gig is a virtual given just because you went to school.

larrinski
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2007, 12:07 PM

Besides all the rude comments, the original question about a loan from the bank... In Canada, we are not allowed to pull a credit bureau on someone under the age of majority, and can't enter into any legal agreements with someone under the age of majority. As our laws are similar to those of the USA, you should call your bank to see what the minimum age is.

Another place you may look for a small business loan, is your local business development groups. There are many Venture Capitalists willing to lend money on a good business plan. Up here we have Provincial Govt programs that help people getting into business for themselves. Good Luck!!
My Blog-pakos.me

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jul 1, 2007, 12:17 PM

MacJeff: Try putting a request for help into the "Eye Help" section of Private Eye magazine. That sometimes works. Seriously.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jul 1, 2007, 12:20 PM

Oh, and regarding this "Secret" that MacGeek came out with.

Here's what someone who knows about these things had to say about it:

Verily I say to you, If ye may have faith, and may not doubt, not only this of the fig-tree shall ye do, but even if to this mount ye may say, Be lifted up and be cast into the sea, it shall come to pass
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2007, 12:58 PM

'm a self employed Photographer/writer..
I would hustle more for photography jobs, go to your local restaurants in town and ask to design menu's take pics of the interior for marketing purposes, other local businesses etc. this may not what you want to do at first but you need money it's a start. Or get an internship at a newspaper or part time work at a local shoppers magazine, look for a position as a wedding, or events photographer. Be creative in your job search and sell yourself!!! getting a loan with no collateral or credit record will not help. and don't listen to railroader, hes just not a nice guy it seems.
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2007, 01:05 PM

MATTJEFF, are you sure you can't get school loans that also cover some cost of living? Then it would free up the cash for equipment and you could do both.

You say you have school, so I assume you are enrolled. Did you fill out the FAFSA? My PLUS loan gives me cost of living money as well.

MattJeff  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2007, 02:19 PM

well i just want to say thanks to those of you that are helping. I'm going to community college for the first 2 years to get my core classes done and then would like to switch to a bigger school for other classes to save money. My sister went to Cornell and said big schools like kids that go to community college first. when i graduated my parents handled my school loans, at the time i was 16 and didn't think much of them helping(so not really that long ago i guess, it just was for me and im proud of it, a bit too proud sometimes). when i got the loans for school they didn't cover cost of living, just school from what i gather. i am going to call my dad and figure out the details and then the bank tomorrow.

P.S. i understand i have typos in here. it's a online forum... i don't exactly check and edit my work on here. it's like chatting online, i type fast and hit bumps every once in a while(especially when i'm in a sour mood). *I'm

P.P.S. (this thread isn't depressing) I'm feeling better now thanks to everyone helping.

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2007, 02:30 PM

I was in a similar situation at your age and started off with teen credit cards and school loans.
You also might have better luck getting a loan with a local Credit Union than a Bank. I know my local Credit Union offers loans for teens purchasing a computer. However since you a self employed it may be harder for you to obtain a loan because unless you can prove a steady stream of income this might makes financial institutions a little weary of giving you a loan. I would also highly suggest renters insurance if you can spare the extra money as it can certainly come in handy should something like this ever happen again. Not that I'm recommending it, but you may be able to take your Dad to small claims for the money you loaned him. Good luck to you.

anonymac
Baninated
Jul 1, 2007, 02:50 PM

Why get a loan? There are much better ways to make the money. All you need to do is find some old queen and lube up your backside. You'll have the money in no time at all. You could probably very easily find one right here on MacNN too.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2007, 03:10 PM

@ above

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 1, 2007, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post

Pshaw, that Jesus noob didn't even know about visualizing and thinking about what you want in the present tense?
Chuck
___

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2007, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by irunat2am View Post
There may be people in the world who are not in the same financial situation as you, to where you can give out the money free and clear and feel no financial impact.

Saying it's not caring is ridiculous. Get off your high horse.
If you can't "loan" money to a friend or loved one and not afford to lose it, you should tell them you can't afford it. On this point, I agree with Railroader. NEVER "loan" money to friends or relatives - you're just asking for heartache and trouble. If you can afford it give them the money, but don't expect it back and don't hold a grudge against them if you never see it again.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2007, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post

Give that a try and get back to us on how far you moved that mountain. Funny how in over 2,000 years no one has accomplished this simple feat...

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2007, 04:00 PM

MattJeff, make sure you talk to financial aid at school also. I also agree with the credit union idea. And one more thing, if you have a particular interest, check out grants. I got one for a while that funded my work.

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2007, 04:27 PM

Don't you have to be 18 to enter into a credit agreement? You do here...

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2007, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by the_glassman View Post
Not that I'm recommending it, but you may be able to take your Dad to small claims for the money you loaned him. Good luck to you.
Small claims doesn't work unless they actually have the money to pay. I'm assuming that if he did, he would do so willingly; the problem is that it just isn't there.

MattJeff  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2007, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Angus_D View Post
Don't you have to be 18 to enter into a credit agreement? You do here...
yes i can't get most regular loans because i'm not 18 but from what i got from my father is that he is a cosigner in my school loans and so well i'm paying for them its in both of our names. That's why i started this thread, i was hoping one of you would know what i could get. I hope some of your other suggestions work for me not being 18(grants and the credit union) i will check into them.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2007, 06:28 PM

I still don't understand here. Your parents are broke to the point that they need to borrow money from you. If they are are claiming you on their taxes and if you put their income on your FAFSA, I see no way for you to not be getting all or nearly all of your school expenses covered by grants (read: free money, not loans that have to be repaid) given to you from state and federal government.

My mother made $18,000 a year when I was in college. My parents were divorced, and part of their agreement was that she would claim me on her taxes. Because I was her dependent, that exemption put her under the federal poverty line, which qualified me for more than $5,000 in federal and state grants my first year of college. That, combined with academic scholarships (which you should apparently qualify for since you pass yourself off as being so smart), left me with $2100 extra my first semester (year? It's been awhile) of college.

If your parents are broke and you a legal dependent of them and you are smart enough to get scholarships, you shouldn't have to pay a cent to go to college - meaning no student loans.

irunat2am
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
If you can't "loan" money to a friend or loved one and not afford to lose it, you should tell them you can't afford it. On this point, I agree with Railroader. NEVER "loan" money to friends or relatives - you're just asking for heartache and trouble. If you can afford it give them the money, but don't expect it back and don't hold a grudge against them if you never see it again.
I understand what you're saying. I agree somewhat. I had saved money up for school, and ended up using 2k out of that to give him the loan. I had decided he needed it more than me at the time. I ended up not having enough to cover school for a couple terms and had to take a couple terms off.

In retrospect, maybe it wasn't the smartest decision, but it was still worth it to help my family.

andi*pandi
Jul 1, 2007, 08:49 PM

shifuiman has a good point, unless your parents poverty is a recent thing, it should play to your advantage in getting student loans.

Also, apartment insurance is only ~100-200 a year, when you do get new equipment GET APARTMENT/RENTERS INSURANCE. And a good door lock.

Salty
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2007, 09:20 PM

Ahh typical lounge, the first people to reply are asshats, and then eventually you get some worthwhile advice. If only we didn't have to pay the asshat tax...

MattJeff  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2007, 10:30 PM

ya... if only.
Ok so i should be good for now i got a call from one of the businesses i work for saying he could use some more pics and i told him i didn't get the money and wouldn't be able to give him any photos. i told him what you all had suggested and He then told me he could hire me because a spot could be filled in his store (much easier then loaning, he's a very nice guy). so i am going to work for him for what's left of the summer get my lenses, take pics and get back to selling them hopefully soon. Thank you very much those of you that helped, if i hit a bump any time soon i will be well prepared.
(and i feel i have learned to take smaller steps when loaning or giving money.)

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Jul 2, 2007, 12:50 AM

Good Luck to you MattJeff!! your on your way!!
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

anonymac
Baninated
Jul 2, 2007, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter
Dear anonymac,

You have received an infraction at MacNN Forums.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------
Without using the word, you implied that the OP in the "Getting a Loan" thread should prostitute himself. In fact, using the wording I did just now would have been far less offensive.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?p=3419166
Why get a loan? There are much better ways to make the money. All you need to do is find some old queen and lube up your backside. You'll have the money in no time at all. You could probably very easily find one right here on MacNN too.
All the best,
MacNN Forums
I'd like to point out that my post was found to be hilarious, and the accusation that it is "offensive" or "inappropriate language" is simply fabricated because you are angry that someone else found it hilarious. I think that your qualifications as a moderator need to be reviewed.

Forum Links
Forum Rules