Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Flash 9 Fiasco

Flash 9 Fiasco
Richard Clark
Senior User
Jul 31, 2007, 04:44 PM

Mac Mini - Intel 1.83 Core Duo
OS X 10.4.10
1 GB 667 MHz DDR@ SDRAM

It used to be that when a new version of Quicktime came out it would mess up Flash. So a simple re-install would fix things.

Now that QT 7.2 was install things have been much more difficult. Installing Flash 9.0.47.x is fine. The browswer opens up and and I can see everything I need to. But if you close the browser, and start it back up and doesn't show the flash section of the web browser anymore.

I've deleted the preferences at all levels that I can see. Disk permissions have been repaired. I read on a forum about having the enable Flash setting in quicktime disabled. It was the oppisite for me. Once I enable it, things worked ok for a few days.

I've reinalled quicktime 7.2, and of course installed Flash so many times I can't count.

I could go into a lot more detail, but hopefully this will help. Any tips, tricks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
"Tough Little Ship" - Riker
"LITTLE?" - Worf after having the Defiant salvaged by the Enterprise (First Contact)

Richard Clark  (op)
Senior User
Jul 31, 2007, 11:36 PM

Ok,

Well, this problem has been eating me alive. I don't want to have to re-install Flash every time I open a browser (didn't matter if it was IE, Safari or FireFox).

I checked out some other bulletin boards and deleting the plug-in from the Internet Plug-in folder was suggested. I tried that a couple times as well as deleting all preferences. No luck.

Then I decided to open up the package of one of the browsers. I copied the the Flash Plug-in there, closed out of it and started Firefox. It worked and I haven't had any problems.

So, whatever browser you want to use, open the package contents and place a copy of the Flash plug-in in that folder. That should fix it.

Thank goodness that one's over.....
"Tough Little Ship" - Riker
"LITTLE?" - Worf after having the Defiant salvaged by the Enterprise (First Contact)

Forum Links
Forum Rules