Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The Bionic Woman

The Bionic Woman
JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Sep 27, 2007, 08:06 AM

Just watched it. Thought it was rather good. Though lacking the classic na na na na na na na...

It was so good in fact that it caused a bionic kernal panic. Gotta love that.

Can't wait for next week. (No really. I like the show.)

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2007, 08:13 AM

You sure that was your Mac was in kernel panic? Or was this the bionic woman's equivalent of.., oh, never mind!

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 09:03 AM

I thought it was pretty good, too, although I think the pace was a little unnatural. I knew Katee Sackhoff was in it, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol on BSG). I wonder if he's a regular character?

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 09:03 AM

Is that the TV show from the 70s?

andi*pandi
Sep 27, 2007, 10:19 AM

The acting/story seemed ok, but reminded me of many other recent shows I liked better that have been cancelled etc. Dark Angel, Jake 2.0 (bionics are now microscopic nano-somethings) and others.

I doubt Aaron Douglas will be back, he basically played a security guard.

Katee was good.
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Sep 28, 2007 at 01:26 AM. )

highstakes
Senior User
Sep 27, 2007, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by angelmb View Post
Is that the TV show from the 70s?
Yeah, but I think set in the present day.

Demonhood
Administrator
Sep 27, 2007, 12:27 PM

saw it a couple weeks ago (on Unbox), was a bit bored by it. but it has potential, so the season pass shall remain.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Sep 27, 2007, 12:33 PM

I just want to watch it because of Katee.

Rumor
Sep 27, 2007, 12:34 PM

Has the industry run out of ideas?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 12:40 PM

^yes

Or rather, nostalgia remains an easy sell over edgy or original

That's why I keep hearing the Rolling Stones plugging Citibank, etc.

Lava Lamp Freak
Sep 27, 2007, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
I thought it was pretty good, too, although I think the pace was a little unnatural. I knew Katee Sackhoff was in it, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol on BSG). I wonder if he's a regular character?
He is also going to be on Reaper in a few weeks playing a demon. I look forward to that.

Mark Sheppard is also on BSG. I got to meet him at GenCon last month. Very nice guy. He showed me his iPhone.

Monique
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2007, 05:26 PM

In all the new shows, it is the most boring one. The main character just whine all the time. Get over it, you have 2 new legs and 2 new arms that permit you to run faster than anyone. You would think that the little brat would be greatful. Instead snif snif what have you done to me snif snif what kind of freak am I snif snif. Please, I hate when they protray women like that. Most of us are not whiny little creatures. Only very beautiful women are complaining all the time. I guess you guys look at her just because she is good looking.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
In all the new shows, it is the most boring one. The main character just whine all the time. Get over it, you have 2 new legs and 2 new arms that permit you to run faster than anyone. You would think that the little brat would be greatful. Instead snif snif what have you done to me snif snif what kind of freak am I snif snif. Please, I hate when they protray women like that. Most of us are not whiny little creatures. Only very beautiful women are complaining all the time. I guess you guys look at her just because she is good looking.
No, she only has one new arm.

Rumor
Sep 27, 2007, 06:24 PM

Wow. Such hate. Are you batting for the other team?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Sep 27, 2007, 06:29 PM

She will always be the Bionic woman to me....
"It's weird the way 'finger puppets' sounds ok as a noun..."

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by cjrivera View Post
She will always be the Bionic woman to me....
She can tell me her sleep number any time!

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Sep 27, 2007, 06:43 PM

Do they also film this in BC? I guess that is how Katee schedules BSG and this if so.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2007, 08:07 PM

Haha, never have I agreed with such a large portion of one of Monique's posts.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

glideslope
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 27, 2007, 08:22 PM

Lindsay will always be #1 in my Bionic Book. Every time I watch a Sleep Number Bed spot I hear the "Bionic Sounds" in my head.

I say bring her back next season as Katie's Mother. Revise the concept to a more "Supportive Family" story. Bionic mom helped daughter adapt to new life. You could write in Bionic Counseling, Anger Management for Bionics, and Bionics, The Nutritional Guide.

Going to watch my Sleep Number Spots now.
To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.”
Sun Tzu

glideslope
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 27, 2007, 08:32 PM

Your point is valid. I always enjoy any work by Lindsay. It' not a physical attraction. She delivers her roles in a way that always appealed to me in an artistic way. She has appeared in other work, and the Sleep Number is a product she believes in I assume. It's not like you see her selling for a Securities Firm. She has Hefty royalties from her original series that still run globally, while not frequently in the US.

Even when you watch the Sleep Number spots your not drawn into a physical attraction IMO, it's her delivery of the message, her tone, the way you end up thinking about, and remembering the spot.

She is a very capable actress who chose to not live in the world of Hollywood daily. I can respect that.
To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.”
Sun Tzu

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 27, 2007, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Haha, never have I agreed with such a large portion of one of Monique's posts.
Though she does complain a lot herself.

Monique is an enigma.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 27, 2007, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Demonhood View Post
saw it a couple weeks ago (on Unbox), was a bit bored by it. but it has potential, so the season pass shall remain.
Ya, I'm with you there. Thought it wasn't bad, but has potential. It wasn't good enough to convince me to go out of my way to watch it. If the other episodes get better, I might be convinced to invest myself in it.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 28, 2007, 01:16 AM

I give the show a solid "maybe."

Saw the pilot last week (TiVo Unbox). Haven't watch any other episodes yet (there's at least one other, right?).

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Sep 28, 2007, 05:25 AM

Watched it a couple of months back. Thought it was crap. OK, so Michelle Ryan has reasonable canoodleability as long as you don't let her near the biscuits, but that's it. Too dark, too hip. Lindsay Wagner FTW.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 28, 2007, 09:23 AM

Monique doesn't like Michelle R because we all think MR is hawt and/or because MR has large breastisies:

"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

JoshuaZ  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2007, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
Monique doesn't like Michelle R because we all think MR is hawt and/or because MR has large breastisies:

Dude, what are you doing?!?!?! You're going to kernel panic my com

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2007, 10:11 AM

Overall it was definitely up to par with most other network offerings, that is, it was a tepid piece of formulaic, mediocre crap.

Naplander
Senior User
Sep 28, 2007, 11:18 AM

with a bird from Eastenders!
KEEPING THE PEACE - WITH FORCE

andi*pandi
Oct 3, 2007, 12:08 PM

In deciding which "regular person stuck saving the world" series I was going to tivo, after catching an ep or two of Chuck, I've decided I prefer it to Bionic Woman. Even though I refer to it in my head as Chuck 2.0 (Jake 3.0?), it has humor and Adam Baldwin so that puts it over the top. And yes there are hot chicks for you menfolk to ogle.

Chances of either show surviving to 2 seasons: nil

Forum Links
Forum Rules