Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Dreamweaver MX 2004 not working

Dreamweaver MX 2004 not working
Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Dec 20, 2003, 05:33 PM

My dad got Dreamweaver MX 2004 recently but it absolutely won't launch. He's not very knowledgable about the inner workings of OS X so he asked me to help. I did everything I know to do when you encounter problems like his. Basically, the application icon would bounce a couple times, then stay still in the dock while the beachball appeared, then it disappeared from the dock.

1. He already updated from 10.3.1 to 10.3.2. Same problem before and after the update.
2. He already reinstalled Dreamweaver. Apparently, the first time he launced it, it asked for a serial number, but after that it never worked.
3. I fixed permissions, trashed the cache, trashed the preferences, ran all the cron scripts, deleted all traces of Dreamweaver and THEN reinstalled (hoping it would do something the installer doesn't do), restarted, and it still shows the same problems.

Any idea what's going on?

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

jasong
Mac Elite
Dec 20, 2003, 06:26 PM

Did he upgrade from 10.2 to 10.3? If so, do a search on the forum, there is a thread with the solution in it.

Sorry to be vague, I just don't remember what the solution is and I know it is there.

-- Jason

xGrape
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 22, 2003, 06:37 AM

I had the same problem today/yeserday, and I was about to go mad. "No, no, can't be" I kept telling myself. "Must... not... do... clean install...". I re-installed Dreamweaver, searched all over my harddrive for files/folder containing "macromedia" or "dreamweaver" - and deleting them, and of course running all the regular maintenance routines: cron scripts, permissions, prebinding, caches...

Last resort was to create a new user account, and then hoping to move all my settings over, but even a clean account made Dreamweaver "crash".

The problem is detailed here

The solution, which comes in the form of a small patch that can be downloaded from Macromedia, is RIGHT HERE!

I would think that solves the problem for your dad too.
12" PowerBook, 1GHz, 1.25 GB RAM, 60 GB HD, Dell 20" Widescreen

Forum Links
Forum Rules