Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Photoshop CS3 for $384 with a free Wacom tablet

Photoshop CS3 for $384 with a free Wacom tablet
mduell
Posting Junkie
Apr 17, 2007, 12:06 AM

I know a lot of people with Intel Macs want to upgrade to CS3, so I thought I'd pass this along:

At $384 (plus shipping and tax), I think this is the cheapest way to buy a legitimate, non-educational copy of Photoshop this week:

1. Buy a Wacom tablet. Pretty much any current model will work, including the $85 Graphire 4x5.
2. Once it arrives, grab the Photoshop Elements 3 license key out of the box. Then follow the directions on store.adobe.com, and call Adobe Customer Service at 1-800-833-6687 to order Photoshop CS2 for $299. This only works for Wacom’s copies of PS Elements. The sales rep that I talked to had a hard time finding the deal in their database, but he did find it eventually. There is no expiration date listed.
3. Once CS2 arrives in the mail, call Adobe’s support line again and order your free upgrade to Photoshop CS3, as per Adobe’s CS3 FAQ. I can’t guarantee that this will work, but the Adobe phone sales guy that I talked to this morning claimed that the copy of CS2 that they’re sending me is eligible for the “I bought CS2 after CS3 was announced” free upgrade.

(Source)

mduell  (op)
Posting Junkie
Apr 17, 2007, 04:45 PM

I just realized this is more expensive than the CS2->CS3 upgrade, so it's really only useful for new users (or users who were dirty pirates before).

Forum Links
Forum Rules