Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Let's Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Page 2)
catsank
Oct 24, 2003, 09:16 AM

One away !

One more giant stink
and the smelly fish
becomes the biggest
stench in the game.

designbc
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 24, 2003, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by maxelson:
now, now. don't go spoiling it by getting cocky.
One thing about the Yankees: NEVER count them out in late innings or late series games. "Down a game" means NOTHING.

I am pulling for the Fish as well. Don't get me wrong. But a Yankee Cornered is a Yankee in its most dangerous state. Now is the time when the Marlins need everything they've got. No mistakes. Yankees have that knack for finding the hole and sending every gun they got at that hole.
GO. MARLINS.

That is all.
Oh! I totally agree with you.
You know what? I've realized that often I share your point of view (specially now that your view is brand new).
There is no spoon

Toutgood
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 21, 2004, 05:06 PM

I have decided denial is the best course of action.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2004, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by catsank:
One away !

One more giant stink
and the smelly fish
becomes the biggest
stench in the game.

*LMAO*

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 7, 2004, 04:19 PM

Was just glimpsing this thread...
Ah, the memories.
huh. Just doesn't have the same ring anymore.

Anyway. Why revive the ancient thread now? I never jumped in on the 04 win threads (I am sure there were many). Well, to be honest- after two months, several publications and espn, rehash, rehash, rehash, a parade, a couple of books and a handshake with Mr Ortiz, it finally sunk in and I got this about the 2004 season:
One: That pic of Veritek gloving AFraud will never grow old (July 24th, was it?)
Two: That pic of AFraud slapping the ball out of Arroyo's glove will never grow old (Oh... so now we CHEAT, huh?).
Three: The look on Cashman's face at the final out will never grow old (although, I must say, he was class- through the last pitch- he remained. And where was Mr No Class Steinbrenner? Hm. Not even a true fan of his own team, it seems. Despicable).
Four: The recollection of silence at "The House that Ruth Built" will never grow old. It is always special, but it was REALLY special at game Seven.
Five: Even through the most humiliating defeat in SPORTS history, the hubris of the Yankees (Jeter: "I guess the best team doesn't always win") remains- which is why I detest the Yankees. They can't win with grace or lose with grace. Best team? Beat 11 and 8 in the regular season. Beat- we all know how, and folks will for generations- in the post season. Best team. Hm.

That, and, you know, it feels pretty good to toss all those snide Yankee remarks right back and say this, "Well, sh**. I guess it WAS this year after all!

No matter what happens in 2005, the Yankees and their fans (who LOVE to point out the past) will have their own past to contend with. The Sox were NEVER this humiliated. EVER. No choke will ever compare.

As an aside, DAMMIT, but those Cards fans are classy folk. Classy team. Classy management. Classy franchise.

I will now return this thread to the grave.

Of course, there will be more than one Yank fan to jump up and talk smack. S'ok. You can.

Trophy is touring New England. The Sox deserve it. They played for it. WORKED for it. The 100th World Series has a true magic about it.

A Public "THANKS, SOX" from me.

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

mishap
Mac Elite
Dec 7, 2004, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by maxelson:
No matter what happens in 2005, the Yankees and their fans (who LOVE to point out the past) will have their own past to contend with. The Sox were NEVER this humiliated. EVER. No choke will ever compare.
That is just sinking in for me right now too! great feeling.

At the end of game 7, where was all the pictures of Giuliani, Diddy, JayZ, Nicholson, and everyone else they showed at the end of game 1?

I'd love to shove that NYFD/PD/NYY hat giuliani owns right up his...

calamar1
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2004, 12:15 AM

even as i was being chased down beacon street by the riot police on the night they won, it still didn't feel real, and to some extent i still need reminders. every time i hear the radio call of it (i grew up listening to ken coleman and joe castiglione on wplm--stands for we play lousy music), i still get goosebumps.

say what you will about the yankees, though, someone in their organization is at least worthy of all their talk about class; after the sox won it, they left the lights on and let them party in their house, and thousands of fans with them. they didn't have to do that. but the rest of them? ha. haha. hahaha.

unfrickinbelievable. and i'll be in line at fenway at 5am saturday for next year's tickets, too.

paul w
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2005, 11:58 AM

BUMP!

The end is drawing near. Both teams are tied for first. In a week, a massive thunderdome styled series begins at Fenway (Two teams entah, one team goes to the playoffs).

Baseball is rather exciting now, I'd say. Playoff predictions anyone?

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2005, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by paul w
BUMP!

The end is drawing near. Both teams are tied for first. In a week, a massive thunderdome styled series begins at Fenway (Two teams entah, one team goes to the playoffs).

Baseball is rather exciting now, I'd say. Playoff predictions anyone?
If Carp can stop sucking, the Redbirds will win.

cavepainter
Sep 25, 2005, 12:49 PM

In the AL East, the first team to 95 wins is in. Says here that'll be the World Champion Boston Red Sox.
(I love typing 'World Champion Boston Red Sox')

So, they take the Angels.
Then the ALCS vs. Cleveland goes 7 games. They find a way to win. (Young arms in bullpen come thru.)

NL will be St. Louis unless Houston can engineer an upset.

Who won the All-Star game? AL?

'Friendly confines of Fenway Pahk' ... need I say more?

dreilly1
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2005, 01:57 PM

I'll actually take the White Sox as the sleeper in the AL (if you can call the team with the best record in the league a sleeper).

I'm pretty sure that MLB still has the (lame) rule that teams from the same division can't play each other in the first round, so if Cleveland gets the wild card then they get the Sox/Yankees first. I think the Sox will beat the Yankees, but be so drained afterwards that Cleveland has a decent shot.

I think the NL is St. Louis's to lose, with Houston putting up the only real competition.

I'll give Chicago the advantage over St. Louis, even though I'm an NL guy, just because of the (also lame) home-field advantage rule.

Member of the the Stupid Brigade! (If you see Sponsored Links in any of my posts, please PM me!)

crazyjohnson
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2005, 02:17 PM

Change your world and you will change your mind.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2005, 02:35 PM

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2005, 04:12 PM

go yankees...the world series will take place in the next 3 days

Philip J. Fry
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 25, 2005, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by cavepainter
In the AL East, the first team to 95 wins is in. Says here that'll be the World Champion Boston Red Sox.
(I love typing 'World Champion Boston Red Sox')

So, they take the Angels.
Then the ALCS vs. Cleveland goes 7 games. They find a way to win. (Young arms in bullpen come thru.)

NL will be St. Louis unless Houston can engineer an upset.

Who won the All-Star game? AL?

'Friendly confines of Fenway Pahk' ... need I say more?
A little OT here but why call a team 'World Champions' If the world series is only composed of North American teams?

On topic, go Yanks

paully dub
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2005, 04:26 PM

As dead as the Yankees looked earlier, it's nice to see them play games that count for something this late. I love the fact that they have these rookies and reclamation projects saving their season. Not like the Boss will take note or anything...

Just when I think I can write them off and stop caring they pull me back in. Otherwise I'm rooting for Cleveland. They are a fun team to watch.

Adopt-A-Yankee

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2005, 04:43 PM

GO Twins! oh wait they were out of it a long time ago. Go Indians!!! knock out those damn whitesox, and Go Red Sox!!! suck it yankees

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

crazyjohnson
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2005, 04:50 PM

It is nice how old washed up players like Aaron Small gave you guys [MFY] a few wins but in the long run that aint going to work out so well. Small looks ok the first time around but as his rehab starts have shown the second time he faces a team he gets hammered. Its also nice that Giambi found some new juice post ASB. Good luck when it counts *cough*choke*cough*.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2005, 05:10 PM

It will all depend on who has, "the eye of the tiger." Would be sweet for the Red Sox to do it two years in a row.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

rambo47
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2005, 05:28 PM

We Yankee fans certainly expected this team to be running away with the division title by now, but hey, this is definitely exciting. What more can you ask for: meaningful baseball with the Red Sox in late September!

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2005, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by nredman
GO Twins! oh wait they were out of it a long time ago. Go Indians!!! knock out those damn whitesox, and Go Red Sox!!! suck it yankees

The White Sox are going to the post season. Even if we don't win the division we will take the wild card.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

teney7
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 25, 2005, 07:21 PM

Booo Yankees
Go Twins.. they aren't done yet, are they...?

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2005, 09:12 PM

Phillies! Even if we don't win, we are getting closer to another goal...

Countdown to 10,000 losses

Only 123 to go!

TheMosco
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2005, 09:23 PM

The RedSox have 7 games at home (4 against toronto / 3 against NYY)? The Sox are .675 at home. I think they will win the division.
AXP
ΔΣΦ

Dork.
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2005, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by TailsToo
Phillies! Even if we don't win, we are getting closer to another goal...

Countdown to 10,000 losses

Only 123 to go!
That site rocks! I know what's getting e-mailed around work tomorrow!

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 29, 2005, 03:59 PM

Well we're in.
Now i really do hope the NYY get in. I am positive we can whip them.

waxcrash
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2005, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
Well we're in.

Like all Chicago sport teams, the White Sox will choke.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 29, 2005, 04:10 PM

At what point in any of my posts have I said we were going to take the WS or ALP?
We took the divison, we didn't choke

paul w
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2005, 04:16 PM

Looks like Contreras finally decided to grow a pair of testicles already. If the Yankees get in, I want him pitching in a big spot in Yankee Stadium, the 56,000 fans screaming at him. See how he does then.

I am dying with these last 4 games, but I'm loving it.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2005, 04:22 PM

Well we're in.

i don't know who i hate more the yankees or the whitesox

paul w
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2005, 04:31 PM

The Twins?

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2005, 04:32 PM

oh baby...best last few games evar

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2005, 04:44 PM

The Twins?

yeah from those beer commericals

insha
Senior User
Sep 29, 2005, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by maxelson
4 dedicated baseball fans climb Mount Everest. when they reach the summit, 1 fan yells "for the Marlins!!" and proceeds to throw himself off the top of the mountain. The next fan yells "for the Cubs!!!" and throws himself off the mountain. the Red Sox fan yells " For Everyone!!!" and pushes the yankees fan off the mountain.

That was awesome

paul w
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2005, 06:15 PM

Jealousy of Yankee bling.

Worry about your own team, suckas. Meanwhile if the Yankees finish well, I may just celebrate by wearing a phat pair of these:

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2005, 07:17 PM

giambi homerun! baby

calamar1
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 29, 2005, 11:18 PM

out of curiosity, how do you yankee fans feel about giambi? i mean, obviously, without him, you aren't where you are right now, but do you have any skepticism of him at all? i mean, very suddenly this season, he goes from being cadaverously thin to being top-heavy again, and goes from not even seeing the mendoza line to hitting 30+ home runs. schilling and other reasonably astute people have said he's a decent guy and all, but seriously, don't you worry about him tarnishing the very thing you treasure most?

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2005, 11:28 PM

^^ giambi was a surprise this season...he started poorly and found his stride...

i doubt he is on any roids NOW that he is a person of interest...so for me it's great to see him prove himself sans drugs....

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2005, 11:44 PM

goroyals!

paully dub
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2005, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by calamar1
out of curiosity, how do you yankee fans feel about giambi? i mean, obviously, without him, you aren't where you are right now, but do you have any skepticism of him at all? i mean, very suddenly this season, he goes from being cadaverously thin to being top-heavy again, and goes from not even seeing the mendoza line to hitting 30+ home runs. schilling and other reasonably astute people have said he's a decent guy and all, but seriously, don't you worry about him tarnishing the very thing you treasure most?
I was one of those guys disgusted with him, wanting the Yankees to release him, get out of his contract somehow, ect. But hey, thanks in some small part to him, the games tha Yankees are playing now are now meaningful, when they were pronounced dead in may and June. So for all those who think he's juicing: I say test him. Retest him if he's already been tested.

Until then I'm going to assume that MLB has got him under close observation and enjoy the performances of the Aaron Smalls, Shawn Chacons, the Wangs, the Canos and so on.

And this series in Beantown is going to be either wonderful or terrible. And last years has removed any swagger we may normally have. So cool. Bring it on!

Adopt-A-Yankee

paul w
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2005, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by crazyjohnson
It is nice how old washed up players like Aaron Small gave you guys [MFY] a few wins but in the long run that aint going to work out so well. Small looks ok the first time around but as his rehab starts have shown the second time he faces a team he gets hammered. Its also nice that Giambi found some new juice post ASB. Good luck when it counts *cough*choke*cough*.
Rehab starts? He is 10-0 by the way. And he got that win facing Batimore the second time.

But here it comes. Nothing in baseball comes close to a series like this. NOTHING.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2005, 04:18 PM

But here it comes. Nothing in baseball comes close to a series like this. NOTHING.
ehh, the Indians have to sweep the Sox, which isn't happening, to get that wild card.
So its pretty good odds both the Red Sox and NYY will make it to the post season.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2005, 04:21 PM

No, I think being down 3 games to 0 in a seven-game League Champoinship Series and then winning the last four do-or-die games in dramatic fashion beats this series.

But these games are definitely going to be fun to watch than Mets vs. Rockies!

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2005, 05:06 PM

ohhhh baby....3 days of baseball heaven!!!

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2005, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by ironknee
baseball heaven!!!
That's one mindbending oxymoron!

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 1, 2005, 04:50 AM

2 more red sox - lets go!!!

crazyjohnson
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 1, 2005, 10:20 AM

I was referring to his AAA starts. Anyway, its hard to make definitive calls about sports but lets just put it this way, his stuff is no secret anymore. . . especially to a team that watches a lot of video.

Btw, how is HGH Giambi hitting 425 ft HRs again? The other day in Baltimore he hits a jack over the 25-foot scoreboard onto Eutaw Street. Giambi's homer was the 38th in the 14-year history of Camden Yards to reach Eutaw Street, the first this year. Whats up with that?

No matter, its all tied up.

Rehab starts? He is 10-0 by the way. And he got that win facing Batimore the second time.

paul w
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2005, 02:47 PM

FOX sports seems to think that baseball fans would rather watch two games at once, back and forth rather than just ONE game at a time. What a revolutionary concept. Basically fans in New York and Boston were forced to watch an ENTIRE half inning of Cleveland v Chicago instead of the most important game of their season.

This literally drives me insane.

There I'm now insane.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 1, 2005, 04:35 PM

Now say thank you to the White Sox.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 1, 2005, 05:08 PM

Now say thank you to the White Sox.
Why? If Cleveland had won at least one of those two games, then there would have been the prospect of Cleveland, NY, and Boston all being tied at 95-67 at the end of the season, and Boston would still have a shot at winning the division, and we'd have two one-game playoffs on two separate days. That would have been much more fun tto watch han the current scenario. Thanks a lot, Sox!

Forum Links
Forum Rules