Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Pictures of your iMac setup

Pictures of your iMac setup (Page 20)
Thread Tools
stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Nov 27, 2006, 04:39 AM
 
Originally Posted by BoingoBongo View Post
Here's mine. The printer kinda takes away the mojo, but it's usually hidden by the chair.
Very nice setup, but most of all, I am in love with that desk! What is that?
 Certified AppleCare Technician
     
BoingoBongo
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Nov 27, 2006, 01:43 PM
 
Thanks, the desk is awesome. I got it at Staples for a little over $100. A very good deal. It's very solid, and most of all, has lots of room. They also have a matching filing cabinet thing that goes with it, but I don't have that. I got it a while ago, but they probably still sell them.
     
tsvb
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Syracuse
Status: Offline
Nov 30, 2006, 09:25 PM
 


Here is my 17" iMac with my Dell 1905 FP. I can't wait to get a new desk but this one works for now.
     
stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Nov 30, 2006, 11:13 PM
 
Originally Posted by tsvb View Post
Here is my 17" iMac with my Dell 1905 FP. I can't wait to get a new desk but this one works for now.
Nice, that mouse really has my eye. What is it? Hehe ... I can see my sig on your Dell screen
 Certified AppleCare Technician
     
tsvb
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Syracuse
Status: Offline
Dec 1, 2006, 11:04 AM
 
Originally Posted by stefanicotine View Post
Nice, that mouse really has my eye. What is it? Hehe ... I can see my sig on your Dell screen
It's a macally bluetooth mouse. I like the fact that you can use rechargeable batteries since it comes with a charging dock.
     
amru
Forum Regular
Join Date: Aug 2005
Status: Offline
Dec 1, 2006, 04:49 PM
 
here it is: Products- BTMouse - Bluetooth 3 Button Optical Mouse

it looks a lot better in your pic tsvb i thought the silver part was indeed silverish and not flatgray
     
Javizun
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Oct 2005
Status: Offline
Dec 2, 2006, 12:02 AM
 
Originally Posted by Mr Kino View Post
hope you all aprove. =) oh and any suggestions on where to buy alcohol online? I've gotten tired of paying an arm and a leg at bars, so i decided to just build up a collection. but there is so much out there and i get so lost when choosing the next one that is going to go on the shelve.



Wheres the patron? love your you imac but the collection is more attractive
A.I.R (ART IS RESISTANCE)
     
Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: With my kitties!
Status: Offline
Dec 2, 2006, 10:01 PM
 
Oh my gosh, I just ordered a pair of the JBL Creature II Speakers based on all the ones I saw in this thread and all I can say is they totally kick ass. I've got the subwoofer behind the monitor on my G5 iMac for right now. What a great purchase
     
BoingoBongo
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Dec 3, 2006, 04:09 PM
 
Yeah, those are terrific little speakers.
     
bembol
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: gta|brampton
Status: Offline
Dec 4, 2006, 06:32 PM
 
Hopefully this will be my set up for a long time. LOL

I didn't like the way I treated my MacBook so I sold it and will be now sticking to iMac's. Just the 17" 2.0GHz iMac SuperDrive, ATi X1600 because I'll be connecting this to my 37" Sharp AQUOS LC-37D90U 1080p LCD HDTV...I returned the 42" Westinghouse LVM-42W2 because of too many issues! I only paid $200 more for this. Also the pic shows my HD DVD's, at 40 since July!

I forgot I even upgraded my bed also, LOL Full King Koil (Lady Katherine Pocket II with Euro Top). LOL







     
::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Status: Offline
Dec 4, 2006, 07:28 PM
 
Originally Posted by bembol View Post
Hopefully this will be my set up for a long time. LOL

I didn't like the way I treated my MacBook so I sold it and will be now sticking to iMac's. Just the 17" 2.0GHz iMac SuperDrive, ATi X1600 because I'll be connecting this to my 37" Sharp AQUOS LC-37D90U 1080p LCD HDTV...I returned the 42" Westinghouse LVM-42W2 because of too many issues! I only paid $200 more for this. Also the pic shows my HD DVD's, at 40 since July!

I forgot I even upgraded my bed also, LOL Full King Koil (Lady Katherine Pocket II with Euro Top). LOL
Hey I think I got the same chair as you. Costco?
     
ecking01
Forum Regular
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Dec 5, 2006, 02:25 AM
 
Two tvs in the same room? Why?
     
bembol
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: gta|brampton
Status: Offline
Dec 5, 2006, 09:22 AM
 
The leather chair is from Costco...I couldn't sell the 30" Panasonic CT-30WX54 HDTV CRT so I kept it for my XBOX 360 and (if I can get my hands on it) PlayStation 3. I aslo use it during NFL Sunday, watch two games! LOL
     
Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Bellevue, WA
Status: Offline
Dec 6, 2006, 12:16 AM
 
Interesting setup.
How's the noise of the Xbox 360?
     
ajprice
Professional Poster
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Dec 6, 2006, 11:17 AM
 
The Xbox on an iCurve stand is interesting , have you got a separate HD DVD player or the HD DVD drive for the Xbox? Apart from that, im trying to think what 37" of FrontRow looks like!!

It'll be much easier if you just comply.
     
bembol
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: gta|brampton
Status: Offline
Dec 6, 2006, 05:06 PM
 
^ I have both Toshiba HD-A1 and 360 HD DVD add-on (not in pic, lent it to my brother). I'm running the iMac on the AQUOS @ 1080p, 1920 x 1080...looks stunning!

I have the Samsung DVD drive on the 360 and it's still loud...then it's only an issue when I'm not using Dolby 5.1/polk audio's! LOL
     
tsvb
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Syracuse
Status: Offline
Dec 6, 2006, 11:19 PM
 
Originally Posted by amru View Post
here it is: Products- BTMouse - Bluetooth 3 Button Optical Mouse

it looks a lot better in your pic tsvb i thought the silver part was indeed silverish and not flatgray
Yes mine is definitely more silver than gray.
     
cakey
Forum Regular
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maine, USA, Earth
Status: Offline
Dec 6, 2006, 11:57 PM
 
Here's my G4. Replaced the stock fan with a blue LED one.



     
astro768
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Dec 8, 2006, 05:17 AM
 
Originally Posted by cakey View Post
Here's my G4. Replaced the stock fan with a blue LED one.

Cool fan!
I have a G4 as well and would luv to replace the fan with a quieter one.. was it hard to replace ?
     
cakey
Forum Regular
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maine, USA, Earth
Status: Offline
Dec 8, 2006, 10:16 AM
 
Originally Posted by astro768 View Post
Cool fan!
I have a G4 as well and would luv to replace the fan with a quieter one.. was it hard to replace ?
Not really hard. Just a pain in the ass lol. Here's a take-a-part guide i used: iMac G4 Take-apart for Drive and Ram upgrades
     
Radiohead
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Dec 8, 2006, 10:55 AM
 
OK folks - finally got round to taking a couple of shots of the new set-up. I'm new to Macs, although I had the Cinema Display running on my old PC. iMac spec is 20" 2.16GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 256mb card. My use is as a semi-pro photographer so mainly leaning heavily on Aperture.





3 minutes after unboxing I was online wirelessly, and everything has worked perfectly so far. I spent a couple of hours moving files to an external drive from my PC and then over to the mac - 85GB of music and 120GB of images took a while. I also had about 350mb of software updates which I did overnight, having set the mac to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity.

The goods: it's so fast to boot up, and so silent after the 747-at-take-off of my PC. The OS makes a lot of sense, Mail works and the great little o2m app meant I migrated all my mails, contacts and calendar without any issues. Everything absolutely flies.

The bads - Mighty Mouse - don't like the shape at all and I was struggling to get a decent right-click. So, the keyboard stays but I've gone back to my MX1000 mouse - feels far nicer to me.

My father-in-law is currently building me a new desk, and a custom aluminium stand to make the Cinema Display exactly the same height.
     
tsvb
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Syracuse
Status: Offline
Dec 11, 2006, 11:56 PM
 
Nice setup
     
Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Louisiana
Status: Offline
Dec 17, 2006, 01:16 PM
 
Nice and clean.
     
sitnarong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Dec 17, 2006, 03:07 PM
 
Here is mine, my new iMac 20"
     
scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: detroit,mi,usa
Status: Offline
Dec 23, 2006, 01:16 AM
 
Just unboxed on Thursday night...



sorry the picture is horribly boring I'm in love just the same
     
bembol
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: gta|brampton
Status: Offline
Dec 23, 2006, 09:48 PM
 
Nice set ups...
     
PowerPc = Pwnage
Forum Regular
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Dec 24, 2006, 08:29 AM
 
Wow, accepeted was made in HD DVD?

"Oh! You smell good, what is that? Macintosh."-http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/03/03
     
fofusion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Dec 31, 2006, 11:46 AM
 
I just bought my first Mac (24" iMac, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 750gb hard drive, 7600gt 256mb)



EDIT: sorry bout the 12 pictures (domain was down and originally I was hoping to pick the best one).
( Last edited by fofusion; Jan 3, 2007 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Domain playing up)
     
Chinasaur
Senior User
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Out West Somewhere....
Status: Offline
Jan 2, 2007, 09:33 AM
 
You posted TWELVE pictures of the same setup. That's excesive. I know you are proud of your new purchase, but look back at prior posts. Nobody posts that much.

Want to remove a few?
iMac - Late 2015 iMac, 32GB RAM
MacBook - 2010 MacBook, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM
     
stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Jan 2, 2007, 11:24 AM
 
Originally Posted by Chinasaur View Post
You posted TWELVE pictures of the same setup. That's excesive. I know you are proud of your new purchase, but look back at prior posts. Nobody posts that much.

Want to remove a few?
I think he just got doubles in there by accident. When you take that into account, 6 pictures isn't too bad. Nice setup, by the way!
 Certified AppleCare Technician
     
iREZ
Professional Poster
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Los Angeles of the East
Status: Offline
Jan 2, 2007, 12:59 PM
 
not that i care (because i dont, i actually like lots of setup pictures) but he doesnt have doubles in there. he has two pictures that are almost identical but not the same pictures if you look really really close.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)
     
stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Jan 2, 2007, 08:10 PM
 
Originally Posted by iREZ View Post
not that i care (because i dont, i actually like lots of setup pictures) but he doesnt have doubles in there. he has two pictures that are almost identical but not the same pictures if you look really really close.
omg you're absolutely right! Some of them are soooo similar. By the way, fofusion, how many programs do you have on your dock?
 Certified AppleCare Technician
     
imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington + Colorado
Status: Offline
Jan 2, 2007, 08:34 PM
 
It's at least 100 I would say. Arg I hate the dock.
     
praterkeith
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Alabama
Status: Offline
Jan 3, 2007, 01:56 AM
 
I gotta say, you guys have the best iMac setups of anyone on any message board on the internet. nice job guys!
PowerMac G4-733mhz-Quicksilver | 5th gen. iPod-Video-30gb-White. | Pentax *istDS DSLR
     
fofusion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2006
Status: Offline
Jan 3, 2007, 11:34 AM
 
Hey

I originally intended on putting them all up and removing the crap just having a few but my domain was down so I was gonna come back later and fix it.

All done :-D


As for my dock - theres a lot. Ive just switched from windows and going from a MESSY desktop I couldn't help myself (57 icons).

Barry
     
praterkeith
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Alabama
Status: Offline
Jan 9, 2007, 04:24 AM
 
Originally Posted by markb8705 View Post
Eh, that isnt Alabama Crimson Cried, uh, I mean Tide tickets over there are they? Save your money, go on vacation, ANYTHING! And no, Nick Saban isn't the answer to ya'll problems.
He's 2-3 against Tommy Tuberville. 'Bama will continue to be the #3 football team in this state behind 1. AUBURN! 2. Troy........

War Eagle, and good luck fellas!
PowerMac G4-733mhz-Quicksilver | 5th gen. iPod-Video-30gb-White. | Pentax *istDS DSLR
     
Buckshot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jan 2004
Status: Offline
Jan 14, 2007, 05:41 PM
 
Feng Shuei Heaven

http://www.usesoap.co.uk/MacDesktop.jpg

My Home Entertainment Centre (If Anyone Cares )

http://www.usesoap.co.uk/Xbox360.jpg
The Italian Stallion
     
ThrustinJ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Dec 2005
Status: Offline
Jan 15, 2007, 02:54 AM
 


- Guiness metal sign, Duck Hunt patch magnet (homemade), Spiderman keychain magnet (that too).
- Toothpastefordinner printout ("I don't think video games influence kids...")
- All 9 Serenity comics in metal bookend with magnetic sculpture keeping them upright
- Lavalamp (red)
- Island Orange, American Traditions paint. Is much darker than picture. Stole idea from contest winner.
- Cheap desk from Target or Ikea
- Logitech TrackMan Wheel
- Sauder cabinets
- Homemade ceramic pencil holder
- Target hanging file holders
     
mrplow
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2004
Status: Offline
Jan 15, 2007, 02:40 PM
 
Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
OK folks - finally got round to taking a couple of shots of the new set-up. I'm new to Macs, although I had the Cinema Display running on my old PC. iMac spec is 20" 2.16GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 256mb card. My use is as a semi-pro photographer so mainly leaning heavily on Aperture.





3 minutes after unboxing I was online wirelessly, and everything has worked perfectly so far. I spent a couple of hours moving files to an external drive from my PC and then over to the mac - 85GB of music and 120GB of images took a while. I also had about 350mb of software updates which I did overnight, having set the mac to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity.

The goods: it's so fast to boot up, and so silent after the 747-at-take-off of my PC. The OS makes a lot of sense, Mail works and the great little o2m app meant I migrated all my mails, contacts and calendar without any issues. Everything absolutely flies.

The bads - Mighty Mouse - don't like the shape at all and I was struggling to get a decent right-click. So, the keyboard stays but I've gone back to my MX1000 mouse - feels far nicer to me.

My father-in-law is currently building me a new desk, and a custom aluminium stand to make the Cinema Display exactly the same height.
I HAVE THAT CHAIR!!!! I Took the arm rests off the other day though, they don't play nice with my desk.
     
ren19
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shah Alam, Malaysia
Status: Offline
Jan 17, 2007, 04:40 AM
 
Originally Posted by fk51785 View Post
Here's a picture of my iMac setup.

Clean setup dude.... Great job
     
ecking01
Forum Regular
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Jan 18, 2007, 07:13 AM
 
Originally Posted by ThrustinJ View Post


- Guiness metal sign, Duck Hunt patch magnet (homemade), Spiderman keychain magnet (that too).
- Toothpastefordinner printout ("I don't think video games influence kids...")
- All 9 Serenity comics in metal bookend with magnetic sculpture keeping them upright
- Lavalamp (red)
- Island Orange, American Traditions paint. Is much darker than picture. Stole idea from contest winner.
- Cheap desk from Target or Ikea
- Logitech TrackMan Wheel
- Sauder cabinets
- Homemade ceramic pencil holder
- Target hanging file holders
I like it a lot interesting wall colour and I've always loved the imac g4 design for some reason.
I might consider and orangie colour when I redo my workspace in the summer.
     
AliP
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Telford UK
Status: Offline
Jan 25, 2007, 01:05 PM
 
Been playing with my setup, not finished yet as i plan to paint the room and the desk.

http://web.mac.com/alistairpotter/iW...up/Photos.html

KRO
Ali P
     
axman6
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canberra, Australia
Status: Offline
Jan 28, 2007, 10:49 AM
 
this, is my iMac G5, 1.8GHz, 1.5GB RAM, (pre iSight sadly ), and my two babies, my Audioengine A5's. i love them to bits, amazing sound, check them out at Audioengine - Powered stereo speakers for your home and office. Custom built for iPod and other MP3 audio players..



Hope you like it

Al.
     
yessongs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC
Status: Offline
Jan 30, 2007, 12:25 AM
 
20" 2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo:
     
mike322
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jul 2006
Status: Offline
Jan 30, 2007, 08:45 PM
 
would it be a waste buying a imac g5 right now? or should i just wait it out and save my money for a core2?
MBP C2D 2.33 ghz
     
yessongs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC
Status: Offline
Jan 31, 2007, 12:16 AM
 
Originally Posted by mike322 View Post
would it be a waste buying a imac g5 right now? or should i just wait it out and save my money for a core2?
iMac G5:
Introduced: October 2005
Terminated: January 2006

iMac Intel Core Duo:
Introduced: January 2006
Terminated: September 2006

iMac Intel Core2 Duo:
Introduced: September 2006
Terminated: ?????
     
crashovrride
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Nov 2006
Status: Offline
Jan 31, 2007, 01:11 PM
 


I moved, heres my new setup.
     
ctsport
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Aug 2005
Status: Offline
Jan 31, 2007, 04:10 PM
 
some crappy pics from my phone, I'll post better pics when my BT kb & mouse arrive



20'' iMac 2.16 C2D: 2GB
red (product) iPod nano
iPod shuffle
up next: macbook C2D
     
earthlings
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Status: Offline
Jan 31, 2007, 06:04 PM
 
Originally Posted by ctsport View Post
some crappy pics from my phone, I'll post better pics when my BT kb & mouse arrive





love the desk. Where did you get it by the way?
( Last edited by earthlings; Jan 31, 2007 at 07:09 PM. )
     
::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Status: Offline
Jan 31, 2007, 07:05 PM
 
Yeah that desk looks pretty sweet. In your next set of pics can ya show more desk? (not to take anything away from the beautiful iMac, but...)
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,