Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes 7.4.1 Crashing

iTunes 7.4.1 Crashing
Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2007, 12:29 AM

Every time I watch a video in iTunes, right after its done, iTunes crashes. I thought it was because I was watching them in the new view, but I've tried other ways and it still always crashes.

What should I do?

jersey
Senior User
Sep 10, 2007, 12:46 AM

I'm having the same problem. In fact, I reinstalled iTunes twice today, as it crashed constantly and hosed my library--- only half of my songs could be found, even though they were exactly where they should have been.

I'd sit back and wait for the next update, unless you have an older version archived.

Flagheimer
Sep 10, 2007, 01:22 AM

Upgraded to 7.4.1 either late last night or early this morning and from the get-go it's slow to load. iTunes freezes when I try to convert files to mp3 and just now I tried to open iTunes but it came up with a message saying something about putting music in a folder named "Damaged". It only opened up with 733MB worth of songs, I had over 11GB.

Luckily the folder is still there, with all my songs... I believe, I was in the process of re-loading them on iTunes, but it froze as it was trying to retrieve artwork for over 1100 albums.

I need to go back a few updates...

Anyone have a download link for iTunes 7.3.2?

Martin Mraz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 10, 2007, 12:23 PM

Looks like Apple knows about these problems; I'm running iTunes 7.4, and when I ran Software Update just now, it reported that there was nothing new to install...
( Last edited by Martin Mraz; Sep 10, 2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: incomplete)

Flagheimer
Sep 10, 2007, 12:42 PM

I can't even run my iTunes because it will freeze up the entire computer... any download link to iTunes 7.3.2?

Atheist
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2007, 12:46 PM

Crap... I just rebooted after running Software Update... iTunes 7.4.1 was included. Guess I'll hold off on running iTunes till there's an update.

Forum Links
Forum Rules