Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > I need iTunes 7.3.2 again! Anyone help?

I need iTunes 7.3.2 again! Anyone help?
Flagheimer
Sep 10, 2007, 04:38 PM

I'm really getting angry with this new release... It was first slow to load, then it wouldn't let me convert certain files to mp3, yesterday I opened it and said something was with my music and renamed something to "Damaged", now it only shows a few hundred MB worth of songs in my library. My full library is still in the folder, so I attempt to re-load, but once it does, it freezes my entire PowerBook. Pressing and holding the Power button is the only thing I can do.

Is it even possible to get back to 7.3.2?

Seattle
Sep 10, 2007, 05:30 PM

Here is a link for the old versions.

http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.htm

Person Man
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2007, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
Here is a link for the old versions.

Old Version of iTunes Download
Yes, but that won't help the original poster unless he's on Windows.

That site has 7.3.2 for Windows, but for the Mac it only goes up to 7.2

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 10, 2007, 05:48 PM

I don't know if you can downgrade and get your music working fine but if 7.3.1 (sorry I don't have 7.3.2) is helpful for you, follow the link:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

To get back to 7.3.x you just delete your actual iTunes release and replace it with the older one… (my apologies if you find this an unnecessary explanation) albeit I don't know if all the remaining stuff like your Music Library is still intact or modified in a way that could render it useless to previous iTunes versions, so I would copy -or move if free hard disk space is an issue- to someplace out of the Music folder which I would delete, and once you launch the older iTunes release, drag and drop all that music files to the iTunes window… All that once you are sure than installing 7.3.x doesn't solve the issue.

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 10, 2007, 06:48 PM

Most likely your iTunes library is corrupted and since 7.4 updates it it hit it hard. I don't think going to 7.3.x would help. You're better off rebuilding the iTunes library.

Flagheimer  (op)
Sep 10, 2007, 09:00 PM

angelmb,

Thanks for the help, but it wouldn't let me update everything was disabled, not sure if it has anything to do with going back an update -- I just broke down and went back to my most recent back-up. I lost a few albums, but I'm back with iTunes 7.2 (34) and everything is fine, no freezing

Thanks for everyone else's help as well

Forum Links
Forum Rules