Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Novel Netware on OSX?

Novel Netware on OSX?
twitch
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2002, 01:23 PM

Anybody know when there will be SOMETHING to allow me to connect to our Novell Network? I would love to be able to print and mount the volumes on our server. I dont know of anything out there and thats pretty lame. Anybody know of anything?

Calli46
Forum Regular
May 2, 2002, 05:02 PM

Last time I heard of a Novell Client for OS X, it said sometime in April. Well, April is but a memory and no Novell Client. I, too, am waiting for it...

There is a while since I last checked Novell site. Maybe they have something coming soon...
X0X0X from Calli
--------------------------------
1800 DP/1024MB/180GB

spectre
Mac Enthusiast
May 3, 2002, 02:36 AM

Well... you could use ConsoleOne i would assume.. but that's for configuring Novell, not using it After just learning about Novell, it would seem as though they pride themself in how cross-platform friendly they are. Kind of ironic..

Mongrel
Dedicated MacNNer
May 3, 2002, 01:56 PM

Yeah, last October the rat-bastards told me March... nuthin.'
Grrr...rawr.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2002, 02:38 PM

I think there may actually be some sort of solution. Part of what I'm going to be doing this summer is upgrading my school's network to include support for OS X. We're currently using Novell and I doubt that's going to change, so I assume there's some sort of solution for Novell on X.

<Bill Gates>
May 3, 2002, 02:52 PM

People still use Novell???

Damn, I thought I got them all!

<novell-mail-please>
May 3, 2002, 05:33 PM

i do not mind not having Netware. i just need GroupWise email client!! or even at a minimum one of the OS X browsers to display things correctly

Forum Links
Forum Rules