Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > OmniWeb Bookmarks

OmniWeb Bookmarks
Rex
Forum Regular
May 10, 2002, 08:00 AM

This may be a stupid question: OW checking for changed bookmarks and showing it in the dock is a cool feature, but is there a way to select which bookmarks should be checked for changes? If not is kind of pointless...

Calli46
Forum Regular
May 10, 2002, 09:19 AM

It's pretty easy, really. I'll try to explain but as I am using the French version of OW, some commands might have a different name than what I suppose to be...

First, open the bookmarks drawer. Then select the bookmarks you want to check for changes. Go to the Bookmarks menu and select Bookmarks Edit command --> Check changes (not sure about this last one, in English). That's all there is to it. Now, those bookmarked pages that do have changed will be listed in the dockling menu of OW.

Very cool feature, isn't it...

Edit : I'm way out in the field on this one. The above is simply not true. Sorry about it... After a quick check, I saw that ALL bookmarks are checked for changes, not only the ones selected.

Too bad... But maybe there is something else, another way to do what you (and I for that matter) would like to accomplish.

[ 05-10-2002: Message edited by: Calli46 ]
X0X0X from Calli
--------------------------------
1800 DP/1024MB/180GB

Rex  (op)
Forum Regular
May 10, 2002, 09:40 AM

Originally posted by Calli46:
Edit : I'm way out in the field on this one. The above is simply not true. Sorry about it... After a quick check, I saw that ALL bookmarks are checked for changes, not only the ones selected.

Too bad... But maybe there is something else, another way to do what you (and I for that matter) would like to accomplish.

[ 05-10-2002: Message edited by: Calli46 ][/QB]
That's what I was talking about, "mon ami".
Maybe if it was possible to use multiple bookmark files at the same time...

JKT
Professional Poster
May 10, 2002, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by Rex:
<STRONG>This may be a stupid question: OW checking for changed bookmarks and showing it in the dock is a cool feature, but is there a way to select which bookmarks should be checked for changes?</STRONG>
Yes there is.

First of all, under Preferences&gt;Bookmarks change the "By default, check bookmarks" setting to never.

Then in the Bookmark drawer, highlight the bookmark you want to have checked and do a control click&gt;Show Info.

Then in the info pane that appears select to check the bookmark every whatever. Unfortunately it isn't possible to show info on more than one bookmark at a time to set it for say ten in one go, but if you leave the info pane open and highlight the next bookmark, it auto updates like Show Info in the Finder.

Rex  (op)
Forum Regular
May 10, 2002, 10:31 AM

How did you come up with that? Thanks JKT!
You can also group (or copy) the bookmarks you want ot check in one single folder and apply the rule to the folder (without selecting bookmarks one by one).

Forum Links
Forum Rules