Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP -- screen does not turn on when waking

MBP -- screen does not turn on when waking
dmlpbg4
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 21, 2008, 08:26 PM

I have a 2.4ghz MBP (santa rosa). I've noticed that sometimes the computer screen will not turn on when the computer wakes from sleep. In other words, I can hear that the computer woke up (HD starts spinning and the sleep light indicator turns off) but the screen remains black. I have to put the computer back to sleep and eventually (sometimes 2 or 3 tries) it wakes up and the screen turns on. Obviously this is not normal. Not a huge deal but does anyone have any ideas if this is more likely a software or a hardware problem?

Thx.

dmlpbg4  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 21, 2008, 08:28 PM

One more thing -- this usually happens when nothing is connected to the computer, except for the power cable.

tomrock
Dedicated MacNNer
May 23, 2008, 09:10 AM

I have the same MBP and I've seen this, too. I don't know what the problem is so I can't help, but at least you know you're not alone.

Simon
Posting Junkie
May 23, 2008, 12:28 PM

If you use iStat Pro remove it together with all its traces.

Forum Links
Forum Rules