Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Theme Template Help!

Theme Template Help!
Aeolie
Sep 9, 2004, 01:56 AM

Although I'm challenging creation of Theme for the first time using Max's ThemeTemplate, I don't understand the method of importing a *.psd file into ThemePark.

Preview
http://www.spymac.com/upload/gallery...oad_247320.jpg
Please copy and paste address into your browser.
I know it's not good design yet.

Thanks!

mugget
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 9, 2004, 03:16 AM

when you want to take a resource into PhotoShop, just select it in ThemePark and right-click, then go 'Send to PhotoShop...'

to get it back into ThemePark affter you've edited it, go back to ThemePark (with the thing you want to import frontmost & that window currently selected in PhotoShop) and right-click again and select 'Retrieve from PhotoShop...'.

did i help?

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 9, 2004, 03:43 AM

Originally posted by mugget:
when you want to take a resource into PhotoShop, just select it in ThemePark and right-click, then go 'Send to PhotoShop...'

to get it back into ThemePark affter you've edited it, go back to ThemePark (with the thing you want to import frontmost & that window currently selected in PhotoShop) and right-click again and select 'Retrieve from PhotoShop...'.

did i help?
Over here these options are grayed out. Is that because I have but the PhotoShop Elements, or because I miss a PhotoShop filter of some kind, or ?

Aeolie  (op)
Sep 9, 2004, 04:56 AM

Originally posted by mugget:

did i help?
Thanks for reply.

No, some psd files with many layers are included in the template of Max, and I want to learn how to make ThemePark import those layers, respectively.

smeger
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2004, 06:37 AM

Gerrit, check ThemePark's built-in help. It tells you what's necessary to use the built-in Photoshop integration.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

Aeolie  (op)
Sep 9, 2004, 09:12 AM

Originally posted by smeger:
Gerrit, check ThemePark's built-in help. It tells you what's necessary to use the built-in Photoshop integration.
Umm, I'm using PhotoshopCS..

Aeolie  (op)
Sep 10, 2004, 12:35 AM

I have a question to the theme authors.
For what purpose do you use ThemeTemplate? And would you explain the usage?

I thought that I could import each layer to ThemePark. However, I have noticed that it was a mistake.

However, I do not yet understand the useful usage of ThemeTemplate.

Thanks for answers.

fireside
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2004, 01:17 AM

if you use the theme template you still have to go into themepark to each individual element of each individual element and put it in there that way. you can't just use the theme template then import that whole thing into themepark, you gotta go to each element export that to photoshop then import the file from photoshop to themepark.

theme template is there so you can look at the your elements when you create them, not to make things easier. well, it kinda does, but using it adds an extra step, it doesn't remove any.

Aeolie  (op)
Sep 10, 2004, 01:35 AM

Originally posted by fireside:
if you use the theme template you still have to go into themepark to each individual element of each individual element and put it in there that way. you can't just use the theme template then import that whole thing into themepark, you gotta go to each element export that to photoshop then import the file from photoshop to themepark.

theme template is there so you can look at the your elements when you create them, not to make things easier. well, it kinda does, but using it adds an extra step, it doesn't remove any.
I understood... It seems using Template is too difficult for me, so I'm going to only use ThemePark and Photoshop.

And thank you for answer very much. Tomorrow is holiday, so I'll try to make my Theme.

fireside
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2004, 01:44 AM

Originally posted by Aeolie:
I understood... It seems using Template is too difficult for me, so I'm going to only use ThemePark and Photoshop.

And thank you for answer very much. Tomorrow is holiday, so I'll try to make my Theme.
how long have you been studying english? yours is pretty good.

Aeolie  (op)
Sep 10, 2004, 11:41 AM

how long have you been studying english? yours is pretty good.
Thanks!!

about 4 years.

fireside
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2004, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by Aeolie:
Thanks!!

about 4 years.
i hope it won't take me 4 years to understand japanese as well as you do english.

Aeolie  (op)
Sep 11, 2004, 01:03 AM

i hope it won't take me 4 years to understand japanese as well as you do english.

Although I thought "too much copy and paste is too troublesome...", but I completely forgot that there is Resource size layer. IT'S VERY USEFUL!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules