Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Heroes Season Premier

Heroes Season Premier
Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2007, 02:19 PM

Ok so who else is unbelievably excited about this tonight? I remember we had a Heroes thread from last season, and that tons of people here watched it, but I'm just so stoked for the new episode tonight. I just moved and don't have a DVR anymore, so I'm gonna have to watch it live with commercials and all. But I have NO idea what to expect from the show, as I haven't read any rumors or news or anything for the show (if there even are any...)

Anyone else watching tonight?

Eug
Clinically Insane
Sep 24, 2007, 02:30 PM

I'll probably watch the Heroes Season 2 premiere tomorrow. I still have a couple of episodes of the Heroes Season 1 HD DVD set left to watch.

theDreamer
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2007, 02:38 PM

Is this a series that is worth picking up?
I normally pick up seasons after they air (since studios are now releasing them so quickly), and have not looked much into Heroes.

It is dreams that will survive, for a dream is immortal.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 24, 2007, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
I normally pick up seasons after they air (since studios are now releasing them so quickly), and have not looked much into Heroes.
Season 1 is well worth it.

Not sure if I'm going to watch Season 2 or not - don't have a DVR anymore and NBC is bailing on iTunes, so I won't be getting it on the AppleTV. Not sure how consistent I can really be about sitting down to watch a show at the same time every week (haven't done that in at least 5 years).

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 24, 2007, 02:42 PM

Absolutely. It was my favorite show last season. Hopefully the new season lives up to the first.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2007, 02:44 PM

I completely forgot that everything was starting this week. Yesterday I went into Dashboard and saw Simpsons, Family Guy, Heroes, The Office, My Name is Earl, etc, all starting this week.
I have no idea what this season's Heroes is about. Hopefully it is as good as last season.

This morning I noticed that Heroes is one small line away from Herpes. Just a random thought.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2007, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by wallinbl View Post
Not sure if I'm going to watch Season 2 or not - don't have a DVR anymore and NBC is bailing on iTunes, so I won't be getting it on the AppleTV. Not sure how consistent I can really be about sitting down to watch a show at the same time every week (haven't done that in at least 5 years).
Thats why we have torrents. I try to remember to watch them, but if I miss an episode... I'm most interested to see where they go this season, considering the weird ending.

Rumor
Sep 24, 2007, 03:14 PM

I'm 50/50 on this. Excited that it is premiering tonight, bummed that I have to wait a week between episodes. I marathoned the first season over a weekend.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 24, 2007, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by exca1ibur View Post
Thats why we have torrents.
Sorry, won't do that.

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
I'm 50/50 on this. Excited that it is premiering tonight, bummed that I have to wait a week between episodes. I marathoned the first season over a weekend.
I like one episode per day.

Cold Warrior
Sep 24, 2007, 03:19 PM

I'm excited, although I'll have to record it b/c I'll be out all evening.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2007, 03:32 PM

Season 1 is well worth it.

That's my problem too. Last season, I started watching midway through the season and used iTunes to catch up. Then I used my DVR to record every episode, so whether I was at work, out, or just busy, I didn't have to be home at 9:00 on mondays. Now it looks like my only option for the near future is to make sure I'm free on Mondays at 9. (seeing as I don't have a PC to be able to watch the damn show through NBC's stupid website)

iREZ
Professional Poster
Sep 24, 2007, 03:55 PM

imo heroes was good till the last two episodes...talk about let down.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

theDreamer
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2007, 04:57 PM

Since NBC left iTunes now, and they are offering their shows online for free (or some), I found Heroes, but it is only like 6 or 7 episodes. Does anyone know if they will be releasing the past seasons online? If so that would be great so I can just watch them and then be caught to watch this seasons if I so choose.

Cold Warrior
Sep 24, 2007, 05:00 PM

It's all already online, for free. You just have to know where to look. Thank NBC for offering no alternative.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 24, 2007, 05:07 PM

Since NBC left iTunes now, and they are offering their shows online for free (or some), I found Heroes, but it is only like 6 or 7 episodes. Does anyone know if they will be releasing the past seasons online? If so that would be great so I can just watch them and then be caught to watch this seasons if I so choose.
I see 23 episodes of Season 1 in iTunes. Crappy $3 discount for buying the whole season.

theDreamer
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2007, 05:24 PM

I see 23 episodes of Season 1 in iTunes. Crappy $3 discount for buying the whole season.
If I have to buy them I will just buy the DVD so I have a hard copy and can rip them at any resolution I choose. No offense to Apple or iTunes.

Parvez
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2007, 07:13 PM

|
You can watch Episode 23 for free: NBC Video Rewind

irunat2am
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 24, 2007, 08:47 PM

I've never seen this show. What time is it on tonight?! I could google this info..but I'm sure somebody will look here in .0000229 seconds and know the answer.
24" iMac 2.16GHz c2d ~ 3G ram ~ 250G ~ Superdrive ~ Pure Sexiness
15" Powerbook G4 ~ 1.5GHz ~ 1.5G ram ~ 160G ~ Combo

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Sep 24, 2007, 09:00 PM

I don't know what time it's on, but I will say you should watch it from the start. It's that kind of show.

Cold Warrior
Sep 24, 2007, 09:00 PM

I think it's on at 9 eastern.

irunat2am
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 24, 2007, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by bradoesch View Post
I don't know what time it's on, but I will say you should watch it from the start. It's that kind of show.
Roger Doger
24" iMac 2.16GHz c2d ~ 3G ram ~ 250G ~ Superdrive ~ Pure Sexiness
15" Powerbook G4 ~ 1.5GHz ~ 1.5G ram ~ 160G ~ Combo

Mallrat
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2007, 02:08 AM

Does anyone else not love this show. I found this.

Heroes - Associated Content

Most seem like they can't get enough. I like Prison Break much much better...

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2007, 02:19 AM

Who's face was in the mirror?

Also, whats with all the Prison Break love? I thought the general consensus (never watched it myself) was that it sucked. The whole prison premise seems a bit weak.
-"I don't believe in God. "
"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

-"I'm not agnostic. Just nonpartisan. Theological Switzerland, that's me."

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 25, 2007, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by invisibleX View Post
Who's face was in the mirror?
I thought it was Peter's, but all burnt up from going boom.

Originally Posted by Mallrat View Post
Does anyone else not love this show. I found this.

Heroes - Associated Content
"Skylar"? The 4400 were abducted by aliens? Does this guy, like, hear other people talking about shows and then he repeats what he thinks he heard?
Chuck
___

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2007, 06:55 AM

Definitely Peter's burned face.

Episode was mediocre. Needs to improve soon.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Sep 25, 2007, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
I'll probably watch the Heroes Season 2 premiere tomorrow. I still have a couple of episodes of the Heroes Season 1 HD DVD set left to watch.
So, the whole of Season 1 was great... Well the finale was just OK. I didn't think it was as bad as some people said it was, but I agree it was not as good as the rest of Season 1.

However, I think the Season 2 premiere was worse. I particularly didn't like the English Japanese guy part, but who knows, maybe he'll grow on me. They did add a lot of potential in the setup of the episode though, so we'll see.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2007, 07:47 AM

I particularly didn't like the English Japanese guy part, but who knows, maybe he'll grow on me.
Yeah, but he was quite good in Alias as Sark. My hope is that his character will be at least as good in Heroes.

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 25, 2007, 08:29 AM

You do a Google image search for "Heroes" and the first image that pops up..

Not that I blame them. I'd Paneetie her alright.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2007, 08:52 AM

I kind of hoped for more, but I guess that they had to set everyone up for later eps. Is it too much to ask for one big ass fight scene in this show?

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2007, 12:11 PM

Wow, so lots of new questions arose in this episode:

What was up with the face in the mirror? If that was peter's face, then a) why was it in nathan's reflection, and b) we saw that peter is actually still alive...also leaves us wondering why peter can't remember anything

Bennet and Suresh are working to bring the company down from the inside

What's up with Hiro and the white guy? Did Hiro actually ruin history, or is it now his job to make the man into the legend?

The older generation part is interesting too, (hiro's dad, ms. petrelli)...are they going to die or what was the note then?

Either Sylar is back or there is another super-villan (because of the girl (molly's?) dreams)

I'm probably forgetting tons of stuff but this episode gives me tons to think about.

I really hate the "one a week" thing, if they were on iTunes I would have half a mind to sit out the first month or two and then watch like 8 in a weekend.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2007, 12:16 PM

By the way, I thought NBC's new video options were for windows only? Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but I just went to their website and I am able to watch the new episode of heroes just as I always have been? what's the deal?

Edit: Well ain't that a bitch. I thought it was working, as the Nissan ad plays, but then after that when the show starts, I hear the audio but where the video should be it says "please select an episode below" I tried on both safari and firefox. What assholes.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 25, 2007, 12:35 PM

Episode was mediocre. Needs to improve soon.
Honestly, as excited as I was for the season to start again, I didn't expect a great first episode. The first season was the same way. The stories need to build up steam and then we get the really good episodes. They said they're trying to move the story along faster this season, so hopefully it will happen faster too.
Chuck
___

Rumor
Sep 25, 2007, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Wow, so lots of new questions arose in this episode:

What was up with the face in the mirror? If that was peter's face, then a) why was it in nathan's reflection, and b) we saw that peter is actually still alive...also leaves us wondering why peter can't remember anything
Nathan feels guilty about what happened to Peter, not entirely sure why though.

Bennet and Suresh are working to bring the company down from the inside
That should be really interesting.

What's up with Hiro and the white guy? Did Hiro actually ruin history, or is it now his job to make the man into the legend?
That's what I am thinking.

The older generation part is interesting too, (hiro's dad, ms. petrelli)...are they going to die or what was the note then?
I'm curious as to what their powers were.

Either Sylar is back or there is another super-villan (because of the girl (molly's?) dreams)
I think it is someone else. When they first introduced her character, she would find anyone except one person who could see her. They never said who that was, but I think she did locate Sylar for them at one point.

Cold Warrior
Sep 25, 2007, 01:40 PM

Just watched it. I don't know how I feel about this setup.....the story lines for a couple of the characters don't seem compelling. Hiro trying to fix history Star Trek style. Peter has amnesia and no doubt goes through rediscovery. I hope they either have a fresh take on those, or resolve them very quickly to open up new plot lines.

zerock
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 25, 2007, 01:52 PM

Nathan feels guilty about what happened to Peter, not entirely sure why though.
Maybe he thinks if he had helped Peter from the start, he could have saved him.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 25, 2007, 02:06 PM

I think it is someone else. When they first introduced her character, she would find anyone except one person who could see her. They never said who that was, but I think she did locate Sylar for them at one point.
Yeah, in the last episode of last season. When they asked her if the person she wasn't willing to locate was the Bogeyman (her name for Sylar), she answered with something to the effect of, "No, this guy is much scarier. When I see him, he looks back at me." And then she told them Sylar was right outside.
Chuck
___

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2007, 02:21 PM

Err, it's Kensei.

torsoboy
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2007, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Parvez View Post
|
You can watch Episode 23 for free: NBC Video Rewind

I just tried to watch that on Sunday (it was the first time I have seen the show Heroes), but I couldn't make it through more than 5-10 minutes without having to turn it off because it was so stupid. Maybe it is better if you have seen the whole season, but if that is all they have to offer then I will skip this show for sure.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 25, 2007, 02:44 PM

I watched the show on NBC's website, but it was buggy as heck. I kept getting an ad window sticking over the video when chapter three started. I finally got through it, I'd say I'm pretty excited for this next season.

Rumor
Sep 25, 2007, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by zerock View Post
Maybe he thinks if he had helped Peter from the start, he could have saved him.
Good point.

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Yeah, in the last episode of last season. When they asked her if the person she wasn't willing to locate was the Bogeyman (her name for Sylar), she answered with something to the effect of, "No, this guy is much scarier. When I see him, he looks back at me." And then she told them Sylar was right outside.
I'm not entirely convinced that it was Sylar she was referring to. Sylar doesn't have that mark. All her pictures she was drawing had the Kensei mark.

Err, it's Kensei.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2007, 03:45 PM

Either Kensei is not actually a hero, or the English guy is not Kensei. Those are the two options. The English guy is a bad guy.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2007, 04:43 PM

Why when you keep quoting people (me, and then just rumor) does it say originally posted by exca1ibur?

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2007, 04:59 PM

Not bad. I didn't like season 1 that much and the finale was really kinda anti-climactic.

I started off liking the character Hero but now I am just shocked on how stupid he is. I mean he travels back in time and then talks to people in the past talking about their future as if it was common knowledge and then is surprised they don't get it.
( Last edited by analogue SPRINKLES; Sep 25, 2007 at 05:08 PM. )

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2007, 05:06 PM

Either Kensei is not actually a hero, or the English guy is not Kensei. Those are the two options. The English guy is a bad guy.
Or he's just a drunk and Hiro will have to become Kensei.

Rumor
Sep 25, 2007, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by rjenkinson View Post
I was thinking something similar. Hiro does all the work, but Kensai gets all the credit.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2007, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by rjenkinson View Post
Nah. The actor is too good to just play a small part as a drunk.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2007, 10:07 PM

I was thinking the same thing that Hiro would end up becoming the Kensei legend.

I found the episode a little slow, but I'm sure it'll pick up pace soon.
Claire's flying friend seems cool.

Cold Warrior
Sep 25, 2007, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
Claire's flying friend seems cool.
That he does. I feel like the flying should mean something though. Another illegitimate child of Nathan's? Something more Freudian?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 26, 2007, 03:10 AM

I'm not entirely convinced that it was Sylar she was referring to. Sylar doesn't have that mark. All her pictures she was drawing had the Kensei mark.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Molly specifically said this guy is not Sylar. Though I'm not sure the guy literally has the mark on him anyway — we don't really know what it represents yet. We know Kensei uses it, and we know that the older generation of heroes used it, and we know that the Company uses it, but we don't know what it means.

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
I feel like the flying should mean something though. Another illegitimate child of Nathan's?
Nah, Tim Kring has kind of hinted for a while that these powers aren't necessarily unique to the first people we saw using them, and there's nothing to indicate that specific powers are hereditary (Peter and Nathan both have different powers, and Claire has different powers from both of them and her mother).
Chuck
___

goMac
Posting Junkie
Sep 26, 2007, 03:17 AM

Why can the English guy not be Kensei and the hero? Remember, Kensei was about to save the village until Hiro changed the course of the battle.

Although I agree that it's possible that he could be the bad guy.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Forum Links
Forum Rules