Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > I want to use a Bluetooth headset with iChat

I want to use a Bluetooth headset with iChat
hadocon
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2003, 04:05 PM

When are we going to see the BT Headset profile supported in OS X? XP already has it, so it is possible... There seems to be no talk of anything like this in Panther, but I have seen that the European version of Panther has some extra BT options like keyboards and mice. Perhaps we will see this option in Panther?

Now that I tnink of it, it would be cool if the next gen iPod had BT on it... Not for file synching, but rather as an interface for a wireless mic - so we could record on the iPod.

For thse that dont know what BT headset profile is it enables you to use any device that supports the Headset profile to act as a microphone.
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

xtal
Senior User
Jul 14, 2003, 04:48 PM

You may find that the Peripherals forum is more useful for this sort of discussion. I know that BT advancements are bandied about quite regularly there.

To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.

Forum Links
Forum Rules