Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Best story in a long time....

Best story in a long time....
Krusty
Professional Poster
Dec 25, 2004, 08:19 PM

Its acts like these that carry more power than "shock and awe" every could
Familes of US soldiers slain in Fallujah raise $600,000 to help refugees of the attack.
LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Families of US troops killed in the offensive on the Iraqi city of Fallujah are to travel to Jordan next week with 600,000 dollars worth of humanitarian aid for refugees of the attack.

The November assault on Fallujah left 71 US military dead, according to the families, and the Iraqi government said more than 2,000 Iraqis were killed.

"This delegation is a way for me to express my sympathy and support for the Iraqi people," said Rosa Suarez of Escondido in California.

"The Iraq war took away my son's life, and it has taken away the lives of so many innocent Iraqis. It is time to stop the killing and to help the children of Iraq," she added in a statement released by the families.

The families said with peace groups, physicians' organisations and relatives of the September 11, 2001 attacks victims, they raised 100,000 dollars in an internet appeal. Humanitarian groups such as Middle East Children's Alliance and Operation USA contributed 500,000 dollars worth of medical supplies.

The families are to fly to Amman on December 26 and hand over the supplies to humanitarian and medical workers there.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 25, 2004, 08:26 PM

I'd adopt one of those kids if I could.

We're going to adopt a Chinese baby if we can. Chinese, Iraqi, Ethiopian...we have a great home to give a child. An Iraqi child would be good too.

That's a great story, Krusty.

Forum Links
Forum Rules