Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" PB PMU problems, sleep without warning.

12" PB PMU problems, sleep without warning.
seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 26, 2006, 05:16 PM

Ok guys I have a problem,

I've got my PB that I got off eBay, it seems to run perfectly after changing the ram although I never saw any problems with it on the original ram but I didn't give it very long. One thing is annoying me and I can't seem to fix it.

The battery in the PB has done 42 charge cycles which would indicate it's a newish battery but when it gets to about 25% it will go to sleep without any warning dialogue. I've tried resetting the PMU twice and the PRAM and it's just gone to sleep at 26%. This is either a newish battery or one thats lived it's life connected to the power and hardly been used.

Here's the stranger part, Coconut battery reports the original capacity at 4200 mAh and the current capacity at 4538... wtf?

I have a brand new battery on the table in the other room, 0 charge cycles, Coconut battery's information makes sense, it's from the exchange program and I think it was from an extra battery the previous owner had with the PB so if this battery is dodgy I can just swap them over.

Any ideas or things to reset?

Edit: I saved the data from Coconut battery earlier, the capacity then was 4536, it's now 4538 strange.

Forum Links
Forum Rules