Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Do you have a Crumpler bag?

Do you have a Crumpler bag?
Bruck
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 24, 2003, 11:14 AM

If you have a crumpler bag, can you comment on its size? I am hoping it will fit the 15AL just perfectly, but based on specs on the crumpler site it sounds like its 18 inches tall, meaning that the bag is huge. And will have alot of space on top of the laptop, im afraid the bag is too big for me (I'm 5'4) All i really want is a messenger bag that will hold the laptop, ipaq, cell phone, mouse, power cord, maybe a magazine.... MAYBE a hardcover or paperback book. I think the sleeves are too small, and I am not a college student anymore so i dont need to carry around a packpack. Just a messenger bag to hold the items above and my 15AL. The bag i am considering is the very busy man. The slightly smaller bag is not gaurenteed to fit hte new AL, it snugly fits the Tibook

stotan
Sep 24, 2003, 06:59 PM

i think there is a mistake and the height and width are switched around.
if you go to the australian version of the website (not sure what it is exactly maybe crumbler.com.au, i'm sure you can just google search it) it shows the dimensions with the width more than the height, although it uses the metric system

JimboHC
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 07:08 PM

Now I know this doesn't answer your question but I'd urge you to have a look at Tom Bihn bags and backpacks. After many hours of searching the net I found these guys and they had exactly what I was looking for. Take a look at www.tombihn.com and see if you see anything you like.

Incidentally, I'm in the UK and I still got my delivery within four days � that's quicker than most companies in the UK take to even answer email queries!

forcelite
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 07:22 PM

ya those tom bins are real nice. I was looking at those and the sfbags, but the tom bins are really $$$, so I took the sfbag route.

Dont regret it one bit its a great bag

kooshXIII
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 07:23 PM

i like the incase (http://www.goincase.com/) and booq (http://www.booqbags.com/) bags best for powerbooks. the incase moya is great, but it doesn't fit a 15"

Bruck  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 24, 2003, 09:18 PM

Does anyone have a pic of the horizontal booq sleeve? the website only have vertical.

beamso
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 10:03 PM

I have a Very Busy Man. I use it with my 12" iBook. It will hold everything you were asking it to hold and possibly more. I use a pouch attached to the shoulder strap (the Scrote) to put my phone into.

The dimensions state, and i quote 'WxHxD: 38x28x8cm'. That's 14 or 15 inches across, 11" tall and just over 3" thick.

beamso
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2003, 06:57 AM

Verification: A new 15" Powerbook does fit in the Very Busy Man.

tterp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2003, 07:02 AM

I Have ordered a "very busy man" to go with my new 15" and im very excited

All the bags mentioned above are prolly god bags, but Crumpler is not just a bag, its a statement It doesn�t look like a notebook bag - it�s just a funky bag

O�Gradys PowerPage has some articles on crumpler bags (one of them is on the frontpage today) Do a search for Crumpler there...

O�Gradys PowerPage

/tterp

everyman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2003, 08:08 AM

I have the Crumpler RollnOats which is pretty much like the Very Busy Man, except somewhat smaller. It accommodates my 12 PowerBook perfectly. Plus there still is tons of room for mostly anything I want to carry.
I read about Crumpler on O'Grady's PowerPage too.
I have had Waterfield Design Bags and other type bags, but nothing comes close to a Crumpler Bag, in my opinion.
The way it uses the third leg strap balances the bag perfectly. No matter how much junk I carry around in the bag, that strap somehow makes it not seem heavy at all.
Plus it always retains a really crisp, clean shape and appearance. Hard to explain. But I can't recommend Crumpler more. I am a bag freak. I am always in search of the perfect bag. Finally! I found one!

TiUser
Sep 28, 2003, 10:28 AM

Does the new AL 15" fit in the Wack-O-Phone? Everyman, I also have a Waterfield large Cargo bag which I like very much. How would you compare to the Crumpler bags in terms of size and storage? Any comments you have regarding the comparison would be appreciated as I am thinking about getting one of those crumpler bags.

everyman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2003, 06:13 PM

Hi TiUser,
My Crumpler RollnOats is the smallest computer bag they make, I believe. So I can't comment on the Wack-O-Phone, in terms of its storage. I also have the medium Cargo from Waterfield.
I can just say this. The Waterfield is a great bag. It has lots of storage and it's very well made. I like the Crumpler better. It's lighter. That Waterfield got mighty heavy, if you ask me. The Crumpler, because of the third leg, balances weight much better than the Waterfield, in my opinion. I carry magazines, letters, iPod, adapters and cords, and would have room for my digital camera plus extra flash, if i want.
Call Crumpler in NY. The guy there, Jack, was extremely helpful to me on the phone. I bet he can answer all your questions.
Good luck with your choice. I'd love to hear if you got it and how you like it.
Hope this helps.

Forum Links
Forum Rules