Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Liberals worse at sex?

Liberals worse at sex?
Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2008, 11:34 PM

In my experience with relationships + one night stands, I have observed that liberals have a tendency to take a sarcastic or ironic approach to sex (much like they do with everything else in life). It makes it somewhat less enjoyable. Ironically, they actually are behaving ironically, (double irony... try to comprehend that) because they tend to sexualize themselves in public and are obsessed with forcing sex into the public space. Conservatives, on the other hand, who restrain the expression of their sexuality in public, seem to enjoy sex more and take a more generous approach to it (aka conservative girls are skanks).

What are you thoughts on this? Has your experience been the same, or the opposite?

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2008, 12:05 AM

I think someone needs a new outlet for his hatred of liberals. Maybe start your own Hate Week thing or something.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
Conservatives, on the other hand, who restrain the expression of their sexuality in public, seem to enjoy sex more and take a more generous approach to it (aka conservative girls are skanks).
Catholic school girls.

jojo gunne
Aug 5, 2008, 01:19 AM

Kerrigan,

I know you're just a young kid so the hatred you have bottled up inside you seems to have been building for a time, perhaps when you were a child.

Go see someone before it completely takes over your life.

LOL!!1!11!

Cipher13
Aug 5, 2008, 03:42 AM

You had sex with a liberal? Careful, I hear that can be contagious.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2008, 05:51 AM

Sex with conservatives:

Sex with obnoxious conservative troll:

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 05:53 AM

In my experience with relationships + one night stands, I have observed that liberals have a tendency to take a sarcastic or ironic approach to sex (much like they do with everything else in life). It makes it somewhat less enjoyable. Ironically, they actually are behaving ironically, (double irony... try to comprehend that) because they tend to sexualize themselves in public and are obsessed with forcing sex into the public space. Conservatives, on the other hand, who restrain the expression of their sexuality in public, seem to enjoy sex more and take a more generous approach to it (aka conservative girls are skanks).
I have absolutely no idea what on earth you're blathering on about with all this irony stuff, but yes... Libs suck at sex in the same way that they suck at everything else (except whining, which they're pretty good at).

Last lib chick I had the misfortune to be around seemed far too worried about whether I was treating her with equality (or something) to be able to enjoy herself. It's a mental disease.

So now I actually ask 'em who they voted for before taking them out.
If you don't want to be eaten, stop acting like food

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 08:18 AM

Election years really do create the best threads.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 11:14 AM

I'm willing to bet anyone who thinks their sexual performance is based on politics, is a lousy ****.

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 11:31 AM

I'm willing to bet that anyone who doesn't think a chick's sexual performance is (even slightly) related to politics hasn't tested a large enough control group.

zombie punk
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 5, 2008, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by jojo gunne View Post
Go see someone before it completely takes over your life.
This sounds like a really good idea - you obviously have some pretty serious issues you should deal with sooner rather than later.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Doof View Post
I'm willing to bet that anyone who doesn't think a chick's sexual performance is (even slightly) related to politics hasn't tested a large enough control group.
I wonder how those chicks rate a guy who rates them based on their politics. Two way street, maybe?

In the days when I was single and still "testing some sort of control group" it was my experience, if I even bothered to find out the poltics of any girl I was with, that liberal women and conservative women can be equally hot, equally good at the lustful arts, or equally cold and equally boring. IE: poltical views and sex, nada to do with anything.

Just my own personal experience, of course. It's all I can go by. I've learned to take other guys' word for things of a sexual nature with a "hoo, hum, suuure she was, whatever you say, have another drink" wink and a nod.

zombie punk
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 5, 2008, 11:58 AM

I guess it's quite possible that for someone as ideologically obsessed as K is sex with someone he agrees with seems better?

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 12:04 PM

Maybe so, if getting it on over a tax policy debate.

Actually, the abortion issue might be an interesting topic whilst doing the do.

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post
I wonder how those chicks rate a guy who rates them based on their politics. Two way street, maybe?
No idea. It's not like I care what libs think.

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post
In the days when I was single and still "testing some sort of control group" it was my experience, if I even bothered to find out the poltics of any girl I was with, that liberal women and conservative women can be equally hot, equally good at the lustful arts, or equally cold and equally boring. IE: poltical views and sex, nada to do with anything.

Just my own personal experience, of course. It's all I can go by. I've learned to take other guys' word for things of a sexual nature with a "hoo, hum, suuure she was, whatever you say, have another drink" wink and a nod.
Well, from my personal experience, lib women are too frightened by the armadillo in one's pants. It's damaging to their women's lib stuff. And conservative women tend to be somewhat "warmed up" ( ) before you get started. Personal experience only, of course.

A slight modifier could be that lib women in the UK are far more lib than lib women in the US. Our conservative chicks are about equal to your dem chicks.

But, there's a real correlation here. As any conservative or independent will tell you, libs don't have much of a sense of humour. Having a sense of humour (and therefore a liking for fun) goes a long, long way in the bedroom.

Helmling
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2008, 12:25 PM

What are you thoughts on this? Has your experience been the same, or the opposite?
This is the stupidest thing I've read in a long time. I'm literally flabbergasted by the pointlessness and fecundity of the generalizations made here. Congratulations, you have left me speechless.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 12:54 PM

The last lefty I slept with, who was pretty hot I will confess, mentioned both David Bowie's 30th anniversary (or something like that) and some independent film film festival in the middle of sex. Personally, I don't enjoy talking during sex, much less do I want to feel as though I'm being briefed on the culture section of the latest NYT Book Review.

Afterwards, to avoid any similar sort of conversation, I downed some bourbon and passed out. However, the following morning she was insistent on discussing post-modern lit during pillow talk. So I told her I was going to go get a glass of water, and then promptly left her house without saying goodbye and I have continued to avoid her since.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Helmling View Post
fecundity

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
The last lefty I slept with, who was pretty hot I will confess, talky talky talky
Oh I get it, it was pity sex not ironic sex. She was just bored with your junk so she started talking about other things to pass the time.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 01:06 PM

Actually I was kidnapped at a party and brought back to her place and liquored up a bit and she made the first move. Good try though.

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 01:08 PM

The last lefty I slept with, who was pretty hot I will confess, mentioned both David Bowie's 30th anniversary (or something like that) and some independent film film festival in the middle of sex.
There ya go. She wasn't enjoying the sex itself (of itself and by itself) - she just couldn't enjoy it standalone without wanting to bore some sorry soul with her inane leftie drivel.

To the leftie, sex can never be anything other than a simple physical activity because they simply haven't got the intelligence to appreciate the raw spiritual nature of the wild canoodling. Thus, since it's not much more "special" than a handshake to them, there's no conflict in their mind about discussing David Bowie whilst at it.

Monique
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2008, 01:18 PM

Changed my mind.

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 01:19 PM

Open their wallet.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2008, 01:23 PM

redacted.
( Last edited by vmarks; Aug 5, 2008 at 03:32 PM. Reason: don't make this about people in the thread. stick to the observations.)

zombie punk
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 5, 2008, 01:28 PM

There ya go. She wasn't enjoying the sex itself.
Perhaps that was the issue...

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by zombie punk View Post
Perhaps that was the issue...
Funny, I don't recall placing a full stop after the word "itself".

CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2008, 03:08 PM

Love the generalizations in this thread. But they can't kill my fantasies of a 3-way with Ann Coulter and Arianna Huffington!

paul w
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2008, 03:10 PM

I'd find this thread a lot more interesting if Kerrigan backed up his story with a hidden camera.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 03:50 PM

Is that a "This-thread-is-worthless-without-pics" challenge?

Koralatov
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 05:07 PM

So, it would look like political stereotypes are the new racial stereotypes.

And guess what? They’re just about as accurate.

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Koralatov View Post
So, it would look like political stereotypes are the new racial stereotypes.

And guess what? They’re just about as accurate.
Not so. Political stereotypes are usually pretty accurate because the vast majority of people tend to mirror the dogma of their chosen party.

Helmling
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2008, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post

I was thinking rotten matter that sprouts fungus.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 05:23 PM

people tend to mirror the dogma of their chosen party.
...said the conservative who also happens to be a vegetarian rock star. The exception that proves the rule?

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Helmling View Post
I was thinking rotten matter that sprouts fungus.
maybe you meant "feculent" then?

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 05:45 PM

...said the conservative who also happens to be a vegetarian rock star. The exception that proves the rule?
I'm a libertarian. Minarchist variety.

Rock (proper hard rock, not the jangly pansy stuff which seems to be classified as rock these days) is very libertarian...

...as is being a veggie. Not harming others, etc..

I'm not such an exception after all.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2008, 06:05 PM

Not so. Political stereotypes are usually pretty accurate because the vast majority of people tend to mirror the dogma of their chosen party.
You only think that because you choose to cling to the outmoded belief that "all libruls are X" and then go about life reaffirming that belief every chance you get.

And I'm not stereotyping conservatives, or libertarians, just you, based on what you've posted here. I know there are plenty of conservatives who aren't religious at all, even though the stereotype is that all politically conservative people are:

1. Republican
2. Religious zealots
3. Homophobic
4. Pro-War
5. Rednecks
6. Stupid

That's just so far from the truth. Sure, there are a few people out there who fit all those descriptors, but the same can be said of any set of descriptors.

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Luca Rescigno View Post
You only think that because you choose to cling to the outmoded belief that "all libruls are X" and then go about life reaffirming that belief every chance you get.
Narh. I think that because I observe life. This is yet another lib stereotype attribute you've displayed here - the assumption that I arrived at my opinion from a conservative starting stance rather than a neutral one.

There has to be at least more than one stereotype attribute to these groups or else they wouldn't be an easily-identifiable group.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2008, 06:24 PM

Narh. I think that because I observe life. This is yet another lib stereotype attribute you've displayed here - the assumption that I arrived at my opinion from a conservative starting stance rather than a neutral one.

There has to be at least more than one stereotype attribute to these groups or else they wouldn't be an easily-identifiable group.
This is utterly ridiculous. We're both observing each others posts, and simultaneously saying that we're just observing but the other is stereotyping.

Just re-read your post. Seriously. What the hell. "I'm observing, you're stereotyping!!!"

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 06:30 PM

And I'm not stereotyping conservatives, or libertarians, just you blah blah blah blah blah blahblahblah
I like how all of the enlightened lefties here will always whine, "omg u teh generalize" and then proceed to produce their own ill-founded generalizations as though it were some sort of refutation.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2008, 06:35 PM

I like how all
Nice way to start a post decrying broad generalizations.

I was making an assumption earlier, but it was only about Doof and no one else, and it was only based on what he posts here, not on Republican stereotypes.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 06:42 PM

God, that exactly proves my point.

A: "Statement X"
B: "You are generalizing!"
A: "You always says that, quit saying that."
B: "You're generalizing about me generalizing!"

But seriously, if there is one stereotype that is true, it is that liberals have no sense of humor. None of them. Everything is drama, drama, drama. The New Yorker presents a carton satirizing scare-tactics and liberals are "stunned", "appalled", "deeply saddened", &c. McCain compares Obama to Paris Hilton and liberals are "overwhelmed with grief" in response to such "racist" insinuations. I make a tongue-in-cheek, circumspect observation that liberals are no good in bed, and Helmling is "speechless" while others are horrified by the "racist" tint of such an observation. You guys are so testy.

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 06:45 PM

Does conversational structure get any more tedious than this?
Yes, it does.

A: What about that new post-modern art show? We should go there!
B: Grunt, grunt.
C: And did you hear about David Bowie?
D: Grunt, grunt, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 06:47 PM

This is utterly ridiculous. We're both observing each others posts, and simultaneously saying that we're just observing but the other is stereotyping.

Just re-read your post. Seriously. What the hell. "I'm observing, you're stereotyping!!!"
Heh.

I was making an assumption earlier, but it was only about Doof and no one else, and it was only based on what he posts here, not on Republican stereotypes.
Wait... ...that six-point list was about me?

Dude. I'm not even American.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 06:48 PM

Followed by, "You got it in my hair!"

(I wish)

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 07:23 PM

I'm a libertarian. Minarchist variety.

Rock (proper hard rock, not the jangly pansy stuff which seems to be classified as rock these days) is very libertarian...

...as is being a veggie. Not harming others, etc..

I'm not such an exception after all.
Sorry to break it to you, but the stereotype of libertarian is "conservative."

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2008, 07:29 PM

Wait... ...that six-point list was about me?

Dude. I'm not even American.
No, that was just a list I made of stereotypes of what some people think all conservatives are like. And if you saw, at the end of it, I said how it's patently untrue.

So we can all agree that the last several posts were just a bunch of back-and-forth accusations of generalizing?

Oh wait, except that I was still wrong and Kerrigan and Doof are still right, because I'm a stupid liberal with no sense of humor. God you guys are idiots. It's not even your opinions that bother me, it's the way you constantly act like assholes and think you're so goddamn funny.

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 07:39 PM

No, that was just a list I made of stereotypes of what some people think all conservatives are like. And if you saw, at the end of it, I said how it's patently untrue.

Oh wait, except that I was still wrong and Kerrigan and Doof are still right, because I'm a stupid liberal with no sense of humor. God you guys are idiots. It's not even your opinions that bother me, it's the way you constantly act like assholes and think you're so goddamn funny.
Dude, way to prove that you haven't got a sense of humour. I thought the was a dead giveaway.

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 07:41 PM

Sorry to break it to you, but the stereotype of libertarian is "conservative."
Only to libs who think that anyone to the right of Castro is a "conservative".

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 07:43 PM

Libertarians are supposed to be on the far left, not right at all. Didn't you even graduate from stereotype school?

CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2008, 07:45 PM

Well, since all conservatives in America are:

1. Republican
2. Religious zealots
3. Homophobic
4. Pro-War
5. Rednecks
6. Stupid
7. Looking to keep others from having sex,

I just always assumed they were bad at it. Maybe I missed out!

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 08:00 PM

Libertarians are supposed to be on the far left, not right at all. Didn't you even graduate from stereotype school?
Don't be silly. Libertarians are about the furthest right you can get*.
Remember, the Doof scale of left/right (the only valid one in existence) goes:

left/collectivism <------------------------------> right/individualism

The left is always about collectivism. Libertarianism is the exact opposite of this - it's all about the individual.

I'll elaborate a little with regard to a personal aspect (since you brought it up earlier). In the art world, leftist artistes always try to frame their art into a social statement - how a certain aspect of their art reflects society and attitudes within it, changes society for the "better", etc., etc..
I on the other hand, being a libertarian, don't give the slightest hoot how my "art" relates to the world or society in general - as long as it continues to buy nice stuff which makes me happy. Now, Radiohead might be all touchy feely and all that, but I'm not. I don't care.

(* Note: Contrary to popular belief, the groups currently know as "the far right" in popular culture aren't, in fact, right wing at all. Not according to the Doof scale anyways. Such groups tend to want to preserve their society (by keeping out immigrants, etc..) which puts them firmly in the "collectivist" category. Hence they're actually on the left side of the scale.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules