Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Liberals worse at sex?

Liberals worse at sex? (Page 2)
CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2008, 08:08 PM

So I can't imagine sex with a crazy anarchist (libertarian, since we're generalizing) would be any good. As an individualist, she would seek to make it all about her. Or maybe she'd just go solo and keep any partners out of it...

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Aug 5, 2008, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by CreepDogg View Post
So I can't imagine sex with a crazy anarchist (libertarian, since we're generalizing) would be any good. As an individualist, she would seek to make it all about her. Or maybe she'd just go solo and keep any partners out of it...
If you don't want to be eaten, stop acting like food

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 09:46 PM

I apologize if I've offended you, Luca. I didn't think anyone would take personal offence at me saying that liberals are bad in bed. I figured the ridiculous anecdote about that girl bringing up the release of the David Bowie 30th anniversary collector album would signal that this is not a discussion of serious matters.

Helmling
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2008, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Doof View Post
Don't be silly. Libertarians are about the furthest right you can get*.
Remember, the Doof scale of left/right (the only valid one in existence) goes:

left/collectivism <------------------------------> right/individualism

The left is always about collectivism. Libertarianism is the exact opposite of this - it's all about the individual.

I'll elaborate a little with regard to a personal aspect (since you brought it up earlier). In the art world, leftist artistes always try to frame their art into a social statement - how a certain aspect of their art reflects society and attitudes within it, changes society for the "better", etc., etc..
I on the other hand, being a libertarian, don't give the slightest hoot how my "art" relates to the world or society in general - as long as it continues to buy nice stuff which makes me happy. Now, Radiohead might be all touchy feely and all that, but I'm not. I don't care.

(* Note: Contrary to popular belief, the groups currently know as "the far right" in popular culture aren't, in fact, right wing at all. Not according to the Doof scale anyways. Such groups tend to want to preserve their society (by keeping out immigrants, etc..) which puts them firmly in the "collectivist" category. Hence they're actually on the left side of the scale.)
Doof, why not just put away your scale since it's invariably going to get confused with the scale everyone else uses. After listening to you and vmarks, I'm convinced you're actually Liberals.

As in, adherents to enlightenment Liberalism.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 10:02 PM

What is the difference between classical liberalism and enlightenment liberalism?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2008, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Helmling View Post
Doof, why not just put away your scale since it's invariably going to get confused with the scale everyone else uses.
Problem is, my scale's the correct one. Therefore I refuse to stop using it.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 10:26 PM

The reason I ask is because I always figured that the Enlightenment and les illumières contributed far more significantly to the foundational aspects of the nation-state than to any particular political philosophy.

When I think of the Enlightenment (and its direct effects) I think of Smith's research on the free market, the buildup of the modern army, absurd treatises on reason and human nature by Kant (and later Hegel), violent revolutions stemming from the naive conclusions drawn in those treatises on reason, insurmountable Humean doubts about reason and philosophy, the rejection of religious establishment, the expansion of science, and the creation of new metaphysical concepts to replace religion such as Deism or Humanism or Atheism proper.

I do not believe that any party in the US or anywhere else in the world captures the essence of the Enlightenment, and I think that the Republican and Democratic parties are both equally distant from its main ideas. And I'm not so sure that this is a bad thing.

But back to sex . . . .

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2008, 10:50 PM

Liberals being bad at sex is actually a joke in a "Kids in the Hall" sketch. I guess there is some truth behind it if it's cropping up independently elsewhere!

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Helmling
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2008, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
What is the difference between classical liberalism and enlightenment liberalism?
Nothing. I should've worded it better.

Helmling
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2008, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
Problem is, my scale's the correct one. Therefore I refuse to stop using it.
Oh, ok. I guess you are conservative.

CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2008, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
Liberals being bad at sex is actually a joke in a "Kids in the Hall" sketch. I guess there is some truth behind it if it's cropping up independently elsewhere!
Republicans being bad at sex is a Bill Maher joke:

"Republicans think sex is bad because with them it always is. It is. They're just doughy, asexual, wonky white people and if you had to have sex with them it would be over in an excruciating three minutes."

Must be some truth behind that too then...

Koralatov
Senior User
Aug 6, 2008, 03:22 AM

So, as it turns out, I was incredibly stupid. A bit of searching through posting histories has taught me that it is utterly pointless to argue with either Kerrigan or Uncle Doof. They’re both right all the time.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2008, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Koralatov View Post
So, as it turns out, I was incredibly stupid. A bit of searching through posting histories has taught me that it is utterly pointless to argue with either Kerrigan or Uncle Doof. They’re both right all the time.
That's a lie. I was wrong once back in 1993. May 15th, IIRC.

Monique
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2008, 08:00 AM

But, that is why it is so fun to argue here because knows anyone and you can go on and go on about your point of view until you get tired about it.

In real life you cannot do that because you would get in trouble.

Although I now live in Quebec and I can actually have an opinion.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2008, 08:28 AM

And there ya go - two other Lib traits:

1) "It's impossible to argue with you, you're always right!"

2) "You just keep banging on and on. You wouldn't do that in real life!"

Both designed, of course, to attack the messenger rather than the message - a typical lib ploy. When what's really happening is that the person saying these two things has run out of arguments and is using the tactics they themselves are accusing their opponent of. It's exactly the same tactic as that used by the EU when they keep getting people to vote until the people give up the result they want to hear (see Ireland and EU "treaty").

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2008, 10:56 AM

It's a bit creepy to think that there's someone up in Aberdeen digging through my (admittedly illustrious) MacNN history.

zombie punk
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2008, 11:01 AM

That's a lie. I was wrong once back in 1993. May 15th, IIRC.
You've also been wrong on every single thread you've posted on that I've read.

CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2008, 11:01 AM

And there ya go - two other Lib traits:

1) "It's impossible to argue with you, you're always right!"

2) "You just keep banging on and on. You wouldn't do that in real life!"

Both designed, of course, to attack the messenger rather than the message - a typical lib ploy
Actually it's a pretty typical argument tactic. One, of course, a conservative would never use.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2008, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by CreepDogg View Post
Republicans being bad at sex is a Bill Maher joke:

"Republicans think sex is bad because with them it always is. It is. They're just doughy, asexual, wonky white people and if you had to have sex with them it would be over in an excruciating three minutes."

Must be some truth behind that too then...
OMG I am shocked u would post such a hurtful, racist, saddening thing. I demand that you redact this or else I will drown in a sea of heartache!

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by zombie punk View Post
You've also been wrong on every single thread you've posted on that I've read.
Prove it.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2008, 11:52 AM

It's a bit creepy to think that there's someone up in Aberdeen digging through my (admittedly illustrious) MacNN history.
Don't worry - it's just another lib tactic.

I once got some lib so worked up that she actually started printing everything I wrote. Someone walked in on her once, rocking backwards and forwards (like a deranged chimp), poring over hundreds of A4 sheets with my comments on them.

True story that.

zombie punk
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2008, 11:55 AM

Prove it.
You've already proved it - the proof is in the threads you post in. Having been proved wrong in the threads, you want me to prove that you were proved wrong?

Zeeb
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2008, 11:59 AM

Most of the focus here seems to be conservative men having sex with either liberal or conservative women. What about a liberal man having sex with a conservative woman? Or, a conservative woman having sex with a liberal man?

I'll throw in my experience. As a man whose had sex with other men(liberal and conservative)--if the guy is *extremely* liberal he tends to have more hangups. I don't know why.

zombie punk
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2008, 12:02 PM

Is this about Larry Craig?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2008, 12:03 PM

It's this simple, zombie: If you think it's wrong then chances are it's actually right, since your head is so fsking muddled that you think placing a screwy smiley at the start or end of every post you make somehow renders your argument valid when in fact it just makes you look like a tw@t to everyone.

Let's have a close look at your argument.
All I've been doing in this thread is having a laugh - a joke. One of those jokes is that libs don't have a sense of humour. You've proven this to be true by not noticing that it was all a joke. Therefore, your statement about my being wrong about everything is patently untrue, which renders you a total bullshitter.

zombie punk
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2008, 12:05 PM

It's this simple, zombie: If you think it's wrong then chances are it's actually right, since your head is so fsking muddled that you think placing a screwy smiley at the start or end of every post you make somehow renders your argument valid when in fact it just makes you look like a tw@t to everyone.

Let's have a close look at your argument.
All I've been doing in this thread is having a laugh - a joke. One of those jokes is that libs don't have a sense of humour. You've proven this to be true by not noticing that it was all a joke. Therefore, your statement about my being wrong about everything is patently untrue, which renders you a total bullshitter.
I'm the one who has no sense of humor? You need to not take things so seriously! Your pose of naive ignorance is funny to an extent, but when you take it too seriously it just becomes objectionable - stop with the insults, and drop your blood pressure a little.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2008, 12:50 PM

Hey Guys, I think a few more insults sent back and forth might result in some agreement over who really sucks, so I applaud you both for your productivity!

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2008, 12:52 PM

...and besson ends the streak at 12.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2008, 12:52 PM

Is anyone else here getting the sense that zombie punk might be Cody?

After reading this pointless exchange with Doofy about feelings and emotions and therapists and crying out one's feelings I had a strong sense of déja vu with some of Cody's old posts.

Thoughts???
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2008, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy View Post

After reading this pointless exchange with Doofy about feelings and emotions and therapists and crying out one's feelings I had a strong sense of déja vu with some of Cody's old posts.

Thoughts???
Did not occur to me. Can't say the idea fits, in my mind, initially.

zombie punk
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2008, 12:53 PM

You don't think that Doofy needs to get his feelings out? I mean, all that ANGER...?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2008, 12:56 PM

I think that maybe zombie punk is Abe...

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2008, 12:57 PM

You don't think that Doofy needs to get his feelings out? I mean, all that ANGER...?
You don't get it, do you? He's just f***ing with you for the sake of f***ing with you. Whether or not he really believes what he says is WAY past irrelevant at this point. It is just entertaining to watch you take everything he says so seriously. You do realize he is saying these things just to get a rise out of you, right? He is deliberately *trying* to get you all worked up and you are taking what he says seriously and getting all worked up. It's like watching a cat play with a mouse instead of killing it. They play with it for the sport, for the pleasure of torturing the mouse before they kill it. And you are about to become the mouse that got eaten.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2008, 12:59 PM

Thoughts???
No way it's Cody. Nowhere near her in style.

This is a bloke. An obnoxiously leftie bloke. One who's been here before.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 6, 2008, 01:05 PM

Cody isn't here to defend herself. No need to bring her up.

Get back on topic now, please.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2008, 01:07 PM

You don't get it, do you? He's just f***ing with you for the sake of f***ing with you. Whether or not he really believes what he says is WAY past irrelevant at this point. It is just entertaining to watch you take everything he says so seriously. You do realize he is saying these things just to get a rise out of you, right? He is deliberately *trying* to get you all worked up and you are taking what he says seriously and getting all worked up. It's like watching a cat play with a mouse instead of killing it. They play with it for the sport, for the pleasure of torturing the mouse before they kill it. And you are about to become the mouse that got eaten.
Yeah Zombie, I've fallen into this trap before too... This is correct!

jojo gunne
Aug 7, 2008, 12:35 AM

And doofy continues to run the MacNN lounge and war room and gets the victim banned.

LOL!!1!11!

goMac
Posting Junkie
Aug 7, 2008, 04:03 AM

In my experience with relationships + one night stands, I have observed that liberals have a tendency to take a sarcastic or ironic approach to sex (much like they do with everything else in life). It makes it somewhat less enjoyable. Ironically, they actually are behaving ironically, (double irony... try to comprehend that) because they tend to sexualize themselves in public and are obsessed with forcing sex into the public space. Conservatives, on the other hand, who restrain the expression of their sexuality in public, seem to enjoy sex more and take a more generous approach to it (aka conservative girls are skanks).

What are you thoughts on this? Has your experience been the same, or the opposite?
You're making it way more complicated than it actually is. It's actually very simple. We just don't take conservatives seriously.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2008, 06:29 AM

Conservatives, on the other hand, who restrain the expression of their sexuality in public, seem to enjoy sex more and take a more generous approach to it
And all the choirboys go "doo de-doo de-doo doo-doo-doo, doo de-doo de-doo doo-doo-doo...".

The last lefty I slept with, who was pretty hot I will confess, mentioned both David Bowie's 30th anniversary (or something like that) and some independent film film festival in the middle of sex.
FAIL!

My women all seem to pray in the sack. "Ohhh God!" is all I can get out of them, to which I like to reply "He can't help you now".

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2008, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by jojo gunne View Post
And doofy continues to run the MacNN lounge and war room and gets the victim banned.
Don't be silly. I actually run the entire planet.

McCain beating Obama by 5% in the election? That's because I want it that way.
Libs being useless in bed and not realising it? That's because I want it that way.
Backstreet Boys singing about how they want it that way? That's because I want it that way.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Aug 10, 2008, 11:41 PM

I'm confused. I thought Kerrigan was gay?

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [♬] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

zombie punk
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 13, 2008, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by jojo gunne View Post
and doofy continues to ruin the macnn lounge and war room and gets the victim banned.
qft

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 13, 2008, 10:02 PM

In my experience with relationships + one night stands, I have observed that liberals have a tendency to take a sarcastic or ironic approach to sex (much like they do with everything else in life). It makes it somewhat less enjoyable. Ironically, they actually are behaving ironically, (double irony... try to comprehend that) because they tend to sexualize themselves in public and are obsessed with forcing sex into the public space. Conservatives, on the other hand, who restrain the expression of their sexuality in public, seem to enjoy sex more and take a more generous approach to it (aka conservative girls are skanks).

What are you thoughts on this? Has your experience been the same, or the opposite?
You've identified one possible explanation for the behavior observed in your survey. Another possibility is that your "liberal" subjects were being sarcastic and ironic towards *you* rather than sex. A third possibility is that they found you boring during sex.

You really need to conduct a double-blind study where your subjects have sex with another conservative and a liberal (it's possible your liberal subjects are sarcastic and ironic to all conservatives and find them boring sexually)

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 13, 2008, 10:06 PM

Another possible explanation (to whomever else is reading this thread, this is not directed at Kerrigan): they are more sarcastic or ironic because that is the way they are naturally for reasons that have nothing to do with politics. Remember that most people in this country are apolitical.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2008, 10:17 PM

I haven't read the whole thread, but I take it you're not a "social conservative."

I don't think I could carry on conversation with any conservative women I've met long enough to consummate. I just have nothing to say to them, so I've never tried.

I think you have a point though about sexual repression & then the outlet of doing the "bad thing." If they can chalk it up to sin and wanton abandon, then hey, it was the devil that did it -- they weren't responsible. Plus, all the repression tends to build curiosity in general, I suppose.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2008, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
My women all seem to pray in the sack. "Ohhh God!" is all I can get out of them, to which I like to reply "He can't help you now".
Win.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

zombie punk
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 14, 2008, 10:36 AM

While we're on the whole 'conservatives have no sense of humour' trip, this caught my eye:
http://www.apsanet.org/content_54705.cfm
"Democratic politicians receive a 40% increase in contributions in the 30 days after appearing on the comedy cable show The Colbert Report. In contrast, their Republican counterparts essentially gain nothing."

Vmarks pmed me, off topic, with this:

Dear zombie punk,

You have received an infraction at MacNN Forums.

Reason: Derailing/Off-topic posts
-------
talking about conservative politicians getting no bump in donations after appearing on Colbert has nothing to do with a thread entitled Liberals are worse at sex.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://forums.macnn.com/95/political...2/#post3708053
While we're on the whole 'conservatives have no sense of humour' trip, this caught my eye:
"Democratic politicians receive a 40% increase in contributions in the 30 days after appearing on the comedy cable show The Colbert Report. In contrast, their Republican counterparts essentially gain nothing."
All the best,
MacNN Forums
( Last edited by zombie punk; Aug 14, 2008 at 04:10 PM. )

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 14, 2008, 01:51 PM

off-topic.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 14, 2008, 02:13 PM

How is it off-topic? Isn't this the political affiliation generalization thread?

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 14, 2008, 02:32 PM

That's just because Colbert and his audience are liberals. The actual content of the show supports liberals and lampoons conservatives, so of course the liberals will receive more benefit from that.

If you want to show that conservatives have no sense of humor, you have to compare the number of comedies that have a liberal vs conservative bias.

Forum Links
Forum Rules